Help me understand a few things...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2yem23s4 said:
maybe so but at some point we need to start winning more then we lose.

Exactly. As we have so far this season. Let's hope the trend continues and improves.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
HawkWow":3a1z9wb1 said:
I might be out of left with this one, but perhaps it could be the fact Flynn has thrown twice as many TDs in his 2 NFL starts as Wilson has thrown in 5. That certainly adds a bit of intrigue to the situation.

A poster above suggested there is a mystery factor regarding Flynn. I am of that camp. This is getting rather redundant but while I can't speak for every member of the Flynn camp, I don't think anyone is anti-Wilson...just pro-Flynn. There is a difference, and it's one many Wilson supporters refuse to understand.

I'll put it this way: In the off-season, tired as hell of our QB situation, we snatch the QB prize of them all (other than Peyton..and some feel including Peyton). We get this record setting TD machine from the best QB factory east of U-Dub, only to see a 5'10" rookie take his place without some believe, a fair competition in the pre-season. The rookie, like all rookies, struggles and thus far averages less than 1 TD per game. It appears the playbook is (naturally) dummied down for him and our offense is arguably the worst in the league. Shall I go on?

Pete? I have nothing against Pete other than the above (and he can get a bit silly at times). OTOH, I do feel he handed the starting job to his draft pick and I don't necessarily appreciate that. In the end, I am a Hawk fan. When Wilson struggles, I struggle. Wilson appears to be the kid you want your daughter to marry. Who couldn't like and cheer this guy? I just want the best QB in there and I am uncertain we have that at this time.

Oh...and Flynn has won a championship. I want to win championships.

Do we have worst post ever award? If so, I'd like to nominate this one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3il5z48b said:
#1 The fire Pete mentality after every loss
#2 The idea that Matt Flynn is good

Seems like every time hawks lose people post in here about how Pete needs to go and how Matt Flynn deserves to start. Is this going to continue throughout the season and is this normal?

1. I see very few people calling for Carroll's firing. Even the people that think Flynn should start are rational to understand that Carroll's done a good job of building the Hawks into a contender.

2. The idea of Matt Flynn being good came from Carroll and Schneider going out and paying him starting QB money. This was also the opinion of other teams that pursued Flynn in the off season. The question should be "when did Matt Flynn become worse than a 3rd round rookie?"

3. The call for Flynn to start will end when our passing offense improves to the point of no longer being amoungst the worst in the league (currently #31). The call for Flynn will end when our offense can score points and not put so much pressure on our defense to play flawlessly. The call for Flynn will end when Wilson can improve upon our league worst Red Zone offense. THEN AND ONLY THEN will people shut up about starting Flynn.