Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":kofdjp18 said:
Arena vote passed, only two that voted no were the suspects we were counting on to say no

Licata and Conlin both said no.

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :179422: :179422: :179422: :229031_thewave: :229031_victory: :fam:

Heck yeah! oh and for the two that voted no.......... :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :thfight7:

Blitzer88

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
Very cool, Nick Licata now has lots of room to schedule his poetry sessions in the Key going forward without worry of some damn NBA team screwing up his booking of high end talent to fill it.

Damn Edgar Allen Poe has passed away, would have loved to see his session.

Quote the Raven Sonics Soar!!!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It would suck to take an NHL team from a city like Edmonton that really values it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hawkstorian":3pxm5n2n said:
It would suck to take an NHL team from a city like Edmonton that really values it.

Yea, that would be bad juju. Wouldn't want that. I'd feel better with a team like Columbus, but an expansion team would be my preference by far. Expand the league to 32 just like the NFL and put a team here and in Q City again.

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":dnu1alju said:

If this isn't a case of using another city to leverage a better deal then I don't know what is. If the Oil leave the city there would be a mad rush to move a team or put an expansion franshise there but the city would have to pay even more for a stadium as well as a possible expansion fee. Katz has the city over a barrel because the lease at Rexall is up in 2014 and it's already been ruled unsuitable for the franchise by the league.

Shy

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the NHL is really drooling over the idea of getting a team in Seattle. I mean a Vancouver/Seattle rivalry would be awesome.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Throwdown":3ggcpuia said:
Mark Cuban said the NBA owners would love to have Seattle back in the fold.
MARK CUBAN IS MAAAANNNNN

So is Paul Allen though

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Blitzer88":37o2boil said:
I have a feeling that the NHL is really drooling over the idea of getting a team in Seattle. I mean a Vancouver/Seattle rivalry would be awesome.

Every word out of Daily or Betmans mouth for the past few years seems to support your theory. They have all but said that there is a plan for Seattle already in place. Even on the topic of QC's new arena Daily said that Quebecwasn't automatically next in line and specifically mentioned Seattle as a front runner.

Shy

Elessar

Reaction score
Gringotts look like goblin, Stern, was quoted today saying:

"It would be my hope that within the time frame that you mentioned, five years, that if everything works out perfectly, there would be a new arena and new team in Seattle. That's always for the board of governors, but I know that many governors are favorably inclined."

Full article is Here

5 years?!?! The Hornets are sitting there begging to be bought....

Throwdown

Reaction score
Elessar":1p4912ky said:

"It would be my hope that within the time frame that you mentioned, five years, that if everything works out perfectly, there would be a new arena and new team in Seattle. That's always for the board of governors, but I know that many governors are favorably inclined."

Full article is Here

Tom Benson the saints owner bought them.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":jk1of9qb said:
Elessar":jk1of9qb said:

Full article is Here

Tom Benson the saints owner bought them.

Yeah the horents are a no go now. But I could see the Bucks, Bobcats or Kings being options for us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pstark3":2q3jysk0 said:
yeah 5 years? What the hell? I want one by next season..

Well he said WITHIN the next 5 years, it could happen next year or in 2, 3, or 4. Just depends on when Hansen aquires a team, which I believe he's pretty close to or has a backroom deal in place for one. The way he acts about this whole arena thing, the confidence he has, and the way he chooses his words carefully when asked about franchises leads me to believe that he might have one lined up.

Also his whole plan of buying a team to play in Key Arena for 2 years makes believe that as well, the money for Key Arena upgrades and when he buys a team the shovels finally go into the ground? Usually the arena gets built and its a waiting game, I truley believe he has someone lined up, whether its the Bucks or Kings, I haven't got the slightest clue, but I think when it passes County Council again that about a month or two, or five down the road we'll be getting the best news ever that Chris Hansen was approved to purchase an NBA franchise.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: Both King County Council & Seattle City Council expected to approve #SeattleArena deal, giving Chris Hansen permission to proceed.
Retweeted by SC_DougFarrar

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":324wntp9 said:
Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5
BREAKING: Both King County Council & Seattle City Council expected to approve #SeattleArena deal, giving Chris Hansen permission to proceed.
Retweeted by SC_DougFarrar

Oh Yeah!!! :179422: