Obomanu Out for the season - Kearse promoted

HawkWow

Reaction score
Unless I missed a transaction somewhere, I still think Burress is worth a look. I would'nt send Paul's private plane out to get him but I'd send him a RT ticket. Coach.

Obo has his moments, both on ST and as a WR, but I echo the previous post suggesting he's played his last down as a Hawk. Having endured the rollercoaster ride Kearse offered both Jake and Price, I have mixed emotions about his activation. The dude is just so inconsistant and constantly wants to turn his head downfield before looking the ball in. A hero one moment, a heartbreaker the next. Hopefully some NFL coaching has broken him of this Pop Warner type play. I want him to excel, but not holding my breath.

I am going to continue screaming for Robert Woods until the conclusion of this upcoming draft's (mid) first rd. We would likely have to move up a few spots to secure him, but he is exactly the type of WR needed by both Wilson and the Hawks. I'll be pissed when we (likely) pass on him, in favor of some unheard of WR discovered by Pete in the late rds. Please resist the urge to come back with Baldwin, such gems are found quite infrequently.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15chc2r5 said:
SeahawksFanForever":15chc2r5 said:
According to Eric Williams, WR Jermaine Kearse, a UW and Lakes High of Tacoma product, had been playing well on the #Seahawks scout squad going against No. 1 defense.

Probably on 3rd and 11.

haha! This comment makes me laugh out loud and cry from sadness all at the same time.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1w3v87m0 said:
I wondering if he was about to move to another team's roster, so the Seahawks had to bump him or lose him. We also don't know if Thurmond is getting activated. My guess is more action is coming.

You called it again old wise one.

Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle

RT @JasonWedel @DavisHsuSeattle Hawks didn't want to lose him. Jags wanted to put him on their active roster. **Mike Person**

HansGruber

Reaction score
This news sucks. Seattle's just got a huge gaping hole at receiver. We lost both games the last two weeks (SF & DET) because of dropped passes. Our WRs and TEs look terrible. Heck, even Lynch and Turbin have dropped crucial passes this season that basically killed drives when we really REALLY needed points. You need 1-2 good clutch receivers (at least) to be successful in the NFL, and we have zero. Of course, it's a problem most of us saw before the season even began, no surprise there. I'm just surprised they haven't spent any picks at receiver, when it's such an obvious need.

I'm hoping Sarkisian gets fired from the UW, comes to the Seahawks, and we draft a boat-load of receivers this offseason, along with a few pass blocking OLs. Get those two areas straightened up, and we might contend next season.

hawksmode

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2r3lwpn6 said:
it doesn't really matter. Obo's been a complete non-factor this year. This will be his last year with the club IMO.

Last year should have been...he's been a nonfactor for quite some time IMHO.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ah7feky said:
Hasselbeck":3ah7feky said:
SeahawksFanForever":3ah7feky said:
According to Eric Williams, WR Jermaine Kearse, a UW and Lakes High of Tacoma product, had been playing well on the #Seahawks scout squad going against No. 1 defense.

Probably on 3rd and 11.

Now that's funny.

:retard_clap:

Funny....yet a little depressing... :34853_doh:

HawkWow

Reaction score
HansGruber":g317gkp1 said:
This news sucks. Seattle's just got a huge gaping hole at receiver. We lost both games the last two weeks (SF & DET) because of dropped passes. Our WRs and TEs look terrible. Heck, even Lynch and Turbin have dropped crucial passes this season that basically killed drives when we really REALLY needed points. You need 1-2 good clutch receivers (at least) to be successful in the NFL, and we have zero. Of course, it's a problem most of us saw before the season even began, no surprise there. I'm just surprised they haven't spent any picks at receiver, when it's such an obvious need.

I'm hoping Sarkisian gets fired from the UW, comes to the Seahawks, and we draft a boat-load of receivers this offseason, along with a few pass blocking OLs. Get those two areas straightened up, and we might contend next season.

..so long as he is not asked to partake in the development of Wilson. I am far from an expert on the subject, but I'm not at all pleased with his influence on Locker and even less so with Keith Price. Udubs patchwork Oline has hurt Price's progress for sure, but it is clear Sark expects something from his QBs that ignores their actual skillset. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I don't believe Price ran the ball even once this past weekend! I could see Sark bottling-up Wilson as well.

The (anticipated) argument that Sark did well with QBs @ SC cannot be proven. Most of us would do well coaching the talent SC gets ...but how many, in recent years, have done well in the pros, no longer playing against inferior competition?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Maybe Mike Williams has been training for a possible comeback.. then again theres a good chance he didnt.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wow. WTF? our receiving corps was bad, now its banged up and missing three guys and the answer is frocking Jermaine Kearse? Seriously?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Quick, somebody get some stickum for Kearse to put on those pool cues he calls hands.

Or tell Wilson to never throw it right to him, never in the numbers. He only makes redonkulous catches, but never easy catches.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rjmfn6v said:
jlwaters1":3rjmfn6v said:
it doesn't really matter. Obo's been a complete non-factor this year. This will be his last year with the club IMO.

He's been a factor on special teams...can't overlook that.

He's had five special-teams tackles in his last 24 games. Very replaceable, especially given Pete's penchant for riffling through ST players.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Anyone else a little surprised we didn't sign Lockette back from the 49ers Practice Squad?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":zbzh9eno said:
FlyingGreg":zbzh9eno said:
jlwaters1":zbzh9eno said:

He's been a factor on special teams...can't overlook that.

He's had five special-teams tackles in his last 24 games. Very replaceable, especially given Pete's penchant for riffling through ST players.

Probably. But if he's so replaceable on special teams...how come he wasn't replaced?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am with Greg on this one, special teams play is one of those things where tackles don't mean much. I have seen Obo force the punt/kick returner to react too many times to think he won't be missed on special teams.

With Harvin returning kicks, Obo might be missed rather severely. It is not a small thing at all. Especially since Robinson, also a special teamer, might be missing as well.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
Sad to hear about Obo.

With Baldwin out we don't have a possession receiver, I think that's the missing link in are passing game. I'm not so sure Kearse is the answer, but I don't suspect or expect Carroll to make any moves.

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Also sad about Obo.

I like the Kearse move. Good one-on-one matchup guy, can go up and take the ball.

That being said, I'd cut Braylon Edwards right now and grab Greg Salas ( http://www.google.com/search?q=greg+salas ) from the Pat's practice squad. I would cut Edwards and hope a killer slot guy can comPETE his way into the starting lineup after the bye week.

We desperately need depth at WR soon!

Latest posts