Updated 2013 mock draft - 31st October

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
For those who are interested in this kind of thing this early...

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/updated-mo ... st-october

"As for the Seahawks – well we know they can be a tough team to work out. They’ve targeted pretty obvious needs the last two years, but the players they’ve drafted have been anything but obvious. I’ve given them Cordarrelle Patterson this time , a player with ideal size for a receiver with explosive playmaking qualities. He can get downfield, he’s useful on reverses and running plays and he’s a great return guy. He’s a home run hitter."

All thoughts welcome.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
My thoughts... I like Tavon Austin. That guy is freakish after catching the ball in how he is able to sense openings in the field and get through them so quickly. He'll be a YAC machine in the NFL I think.

I also wonder if you've scouted Ziggy Ansah at all. I've been putting updates on him in my own post. 4 high level NFL Scouts came to see him play two weeks ago and have him graded as a 1st round talent. That doesn't mean that he'll go that early because he's so raw, but I notice that NFLDraftcountdown has him ranked as like their 27th overall DE, which is just laughable. I don't think they even do anything until Mel Kiper does his rankings and then they put everybody about where he does. I can see why they had him 27th at DE before the season (as he wasn't a starter last year), but almost all the way through the season and he is being called by some as a first rounder and he is still only rated 27th in his positional group (while some GM's have him 27th overall) is just laughable.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I've seen three BYU games this year and I've put Ansah at #15 to Detroit in my mock draft.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":zgija6bg said:
I've seen three BYU games this year and I've put Ansah at #15 to Detroit in my mock draft.

That good huh?

And hey English, could you get behind selecting more pass rush? Big trade up for Jarcis Jones maybe (he could fill Hills spot)?

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1omwy4d8 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1omwy4d8 said:

That good huh?

And hey English, could you get behind selecting more pass rush? Big trade up for Jarcis Jones maybe (he could fill Hills spot)?

I think Jarvis Jones would be a DE in our system.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Looks like there's a ton of defensive talent coming out this year. As focused as we are on WR, I could see us taking a DT to replace Branch (or Jones, if we don't resign him.)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If KC winds up selecting 1st, they will select a QB IMO. Free agency is awful for that position unless someone gets cut unexpectedly .. and I have a feeling there will be a new GM and new HC in charge. That usually spells QB.

The rest of this... way too early to comment one way or the other.