EPL 2012-2013

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but what do we all think about FOX losing the rights to televise the EPL to NBC sports? Will FOX pick up another one of the top leagues? While I am unsure about how NBC will handle this, but I would love to see Bundesliga games on the regular on FOX.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":523z2lz6 said:
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?
NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":1i3xmfv8 said:
Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.

In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.

peachesenregalia":1i3xmfv8 said:
Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.

Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ofare1e said:
peachesenregalia":1ofare1e said:
So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?
NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).

Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":3itb01zr said:
SeatownJay":3itb01zr said:
peachesenregalia":3itb01zr said:

Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?

GolTV has Bundesliga. Most of the other leagues are on that BeIn Sport channel that I doubt anyone actually has.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":11wemgyn said:
InSuarezWeTrust":11wemgyn said:
Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.

In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.

peachesenregalia":11wemgyn said:
Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.

Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?

Its not quite the same as 4 down to Germany, but I wouldn't apologize for any win, especially a dramatic one like that

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Spurs, United and defending champion Liverpool are now out of the Capital One Cup and after the Draw here are the quarterfinal matchups:

Arsenal vs Bradford City
Swansea vs Middlesbrough
Leeds United vs Chelsea
Norwich vs Aston Villa

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2u8c5ksr said:
Arsenal to lose to Chelsea in the final. Book it.

With who Arsenal have been drawn against, it would be completely excusable if Wenger were to play practically the same team that went up against Reading. Bradford might be a tough task as they've made it this far but we have to remember they made it here by winning on penalties.

And honestly, Arsenal has a better chance of making the final than Chelsea. Unless they end up drawn to face each other in the semi's. Arsenal getting to the semi is almost a guarantee after being drawn to face the lowest ranked team left, though that doesn't mean Arsenal can just waltz through the match. Chelsea on the other hand has to go to Leeds, and that place can be a tricky place to play at.

Chelsea and Arsenal are the favorites to make the final but the draw could change everything in a heartbeat.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yesterday showed the depth issues Liverpool have. Not a great show by Yesil, Cole, Carragher and Coates. With a huge match ahead on Sunday its frustrating Rpdgers had to turn to a 17 year old Sterling and 30+ year old Gerrard to salvage a cup tie.

Its obvious Rodgers isn't placing the same importance on the Carling Cup as Dalglish did (playing Henderson at back for example) but unlike last year we just don't have a strong "cup" team. Unfortunate as I think this club needs as many wins as it can get and from anywhere

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":15dbusmu said:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":20thi2gb said:
I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.
Uncle Si":20thi2gb said:
Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority

For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":o7v0ikmp said:
peachesenregalia":o7v0ikmp said:
Uncle Si":o7v0ikmp said:

For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.

Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":jidizxax said:
Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall

I don't understand the perspective cause I'm not a Liverpool fan. Besides, I know a lot of people at the beginning of this tournament would love to win this. If you need an example of how fans can be, Arsenal fans(myself included) won't shut up about the comeback against Reading, even though it's in a cup tournament that's as Wenger said at the bottom of Arsenal's list of priorities, that's how desperate Arsenal fans are for a trophy. And you can't blame them, I bet if Liverpool was in this position, their fans would ripping their hair out of their heads or worse.

And you can't totally blame Liverpool for the loss, Swansea has been good this season.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
The only positive's I have about the game was that we robbed United of a clean sheet at the absolute end and the Arsenal fans at the game were louder than the United fans, who only got loud when they scored. I do feel that Wilshere got a harsh second yellow which sent him off and now we won't have him till the North London derby because of it. I feel that Walcott should have started the match, though I do understand the fact he didn't cause he played the whole 120+ minutes on Tuesday.

On a side note, Van Persie did earn a little bit of my respect for him back after not celebrating his goal like d-bags like Adebaywhore. In the post match interview he stated that he still respects Arsenal and the Gunner fans, which I couldn't resist asking to myself "If he respects us then why leave us for a league rival?".

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":u3wj9am4 said:
*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.

You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":25b4k227 said:
Gatehawk":25b4k227 said:
peachesenregalia":25b4k227 said:

I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.

Wait, wait.... are you suggesting Carzola, Giraud and Podolski were not born in London with Arsenal bibs on, raised in Gunner housing while studying Wenger tactics and watching countless sessions of the Invincables every day while ending their nights sitting at Henrys feet as he regails stories of his goals?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2j0rlbx1 said:
Gatehawk":2j0rlbx1 said:
peachesenregalia":2j0rlbx1 said:

I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.

I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.

roiyair

Reaction score
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..