Seahawks new intro song, by Paul Allen and his band

LargentFan

Reaction score
It sounds like it should be played during the starting credits of an '80s buddy cop TV show.

I like Bittersweet Symphony a lot. I wish it would stick around. I know it has its detractors, but I am not one of them.

JKent82

Reaction score
Haha go Paul! Glad he's having fun with this kinda stuff. Yes it sounds like a 90's TV intro but it ain't the worst thing ever.

Also Macklemore on the touchdown celebrations is pretty awesome. I liked that a lot.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
JKent82":2k7lgcq5 said:
Also Macklemore on the touchdown celebrations is pretty awesome. I liked that a lot.

That's what I'm talking about. That song officially gets me pumped and jacked now.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Whatever - to echo the first poster - at least he isn't picking the players. Let him have a little fun.

I will say it is a little mellow - maybe it gets a little bit of a heavier riff rock remix for gameday.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This is the song they're playing during TD celebrations right now btw.

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!

[youtube]xHRkHFxD-xY[/youtube]

endzorn

Reaction score
That was Paul Allen's band? I thought it was Rush.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It would be a great opening theme song for Talkin' Ducks! with your host Max Unger! if it was 1992.

m0ng0

Reaction score
As a Hendrix buff I would have guessed he could have come up with something a little more "rocking" but hey its his team afterall.....and it is a tad catchy :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Psychobabbler":f4csk67v said:
It's good to be the king!

Hey!, that's it!, Paul Allen,, King of King County, and the Seahawks #1 FAN!
No generic store bought intro music, and I'm fine with it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":1zvhrsrs said:
Hawken-Dazs":1zvhrsrs said:
HansGruber":1zvhrsrs said:
Wish they'd just make a generic dubstep beat

I would take Paul Allen's band over dubstep any day. I can't stand womp womps.

Yeah but that's my point. I LOATHE dubstep, but at least it's kinda trendy and new. This song was embarrassing because it just sounds tacky, like old classic rock elevator music, doesn't get me jacked up AT ALL.

I just wish we had something that was intense as our team. Something that actually got the crowd fired up.
Personally, I'd LOVE it if they played something like this:

[youtube]a_7TMeDTX_U[/youtube]
Now THIS would be/is a joke.

dunceface

Reaction score
AWWWW Paul, how could i hate anything you do!

that said, i would rather have dubstep or Slayer...

pehawk

Reaction score
That Maclemore hit is on it.

The whole Paul Allen thing is beyond douchy. Its embarassing, really, really, really embarassing.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Hell yeah. I liked it. A little AWB'ish with the brass accompaniment. The bass was jammin', for those of you too young to appreciate, think "No more tears" from Ozzy. And Paul, scratchin' that guitar like an itch, in time. Nice.
I think some here want to picture PA sliding accross a stage on his knees rippin' some nasty solo.

My only constructive critique would be with the percussions. Started out a little slow and out of time. Jmo.

For those too cool to be schooled, look at it this way. Do they ever play the intro tune through it's fruition? not sure myself as i haven't been to a game since 81', but i'm pretty sure they dont, and you never hear it watching the games on tv. So, if you can hear "Freak on" past the first 10-15 seconds, you ain't makin' enough noise anyhow. Baaad 12th man.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Guys, this is progress! PA's new Freak On song has understated energy and dynamic tension, and it is magnitudes better than Bittersweet Symphony in that regard. That has been the same-o-same-o since I don't know when. I like the song, but not as an intro to a football game. It's more suitable for a game of cricket or a chess match.

And NOBODY who likes Bittersweet Symphony as an intro song gets to say anything about Freak On being mellow.

BTW, for the record, my personal pick for an intro song is Battle Without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei.

[youtube]SwkLeNuojfA[/youtube]