EPL 2012-2013

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2012-2013
Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:53 pm
  • Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 pm
  • Slightly off topic, but what do we all think about FOX losing the rights to televise the EPL to NBC sports? Will FOX pick up another one of the top leagues? While I am unsure about how NBC will handle this, but I would love to see Bundesliga games on the regular on FOX.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:20 pm
  • So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.

In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.

peachesenregalia wrote:Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.

Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

NBC will be televising EPL matches on NBC and NBC Sports Channel, just like they do MLS. Not sure what Fox Soccer Channel will do considering BeIN Sport now owns the US Television rights to just about every other major European soccer league (Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga).

Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:So....does that include Fox Soccer Channel? What's going on there? Will NBC create their own soccer channel?

Do they also own the rights to the Bundesliga? If not who does?

GolTV has Bundesliga. Most of the other leagues are on that BeIn Sport channel that I doubt anyone actually has.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    InSuarezWeTrust wrote:Exciting game, but I don't know that id be too proud of that performance.

In the first half, I agree. But that's why they play two halfs.

peachesenregalia wrote:Pretty amazing comeback, Gate, but ISWT has a point. Pretty shameful to need a miracle to put away Reading.

Shut up. I bet most teams would fold and take the loss if they had been in the same predicament. Down 4-0 after 40 minutes, and down 4-2 after 88 minutes, no one's supposed to comeback from that.

Oh and if coming back to beat a Premier League club, albeit Reading, is shameful, I wonder what does that say about Wigan being knocked out by the lowest ranked team, Bradford City, left in the tournament?

Its not quite the same as 4 down to Germany, but I wouldn't apologize for any win, especially a dramatic one like that
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm
  • Spurs, United and defending champion Liverpool are now out of the Capital One Cup and after the Draw here are the quarterfinal matchups:

Arsenal vs Bradford City
    Swansea vs Middlesbrough
    Leeds United vs Chelsea
    Norwich vs Aston Villa
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:32 pm
  • Arsenal to lose to Chelsea in the final. Book it.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:21 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Arsenal to lose to Chelsea in the final. Book it.

With who Arsenal have been drawn against, it would be completely excusable if Wenger were to play practically the same team that went up against Reading. Bradford might be a tough task as they've made it this far but we have to remember they made it here by winning on penalties.

And honestly, Arsenal has a better chance of making the final than Chelsea. Unless they end up drawn to face each other in the semi's. Arsenal getting to the semi is almost a guarantee after being drawn to face the lowest ranked team left, though that doesn't mean Arsenal can just waltz through the match. Chelsea on the other hand has to go to Leeds, and that place can be a tricky place to play at.

Chelsea and Arsenal are the favorites to make the final but the draw could change everything in a heartbeat.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 am
  • Yesterday showed the depth issues Liverpool have. Not a great show by Yesil, Cole, Carragher and Coates. With a huge match ahead on Sunday its frustrating Rpdgers had to turn to a 17 year old Sterling and 30+ year old Gerrard to salvage a cup tie.

Its obvious Rodgers isn't placing the same importance on the Carling Cup as Dalglish did (playing Henderson at back for example) but unlike last year we just don't have a strong "cup" team. Unfortunate as I think this club needs as many wins as it can get and from anywhere
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:24 am
  • I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:34 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:47 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority

look for us to finish somewhere around 6-10 in the league this season, unless there's some massive turnaround. I'm perfectly alright with that, though, because I like what Rodgers is doing here with his system. Defending has been an issue all season, but looks to be getting better at least with the first team. It's a work in progress. We need another striker, and a crafty attacking mid who can open up space for Suarez. Sterling and Assaidi both look to be good pices out on the wings, and Allen is the kind of midfield general that you build a team like this around. Agger and Skrtel are both fantastic, and will get back to being rock solid with more time in the system. Johnson I still think can be a bit of a liability in defense, but seems to be doing alright. Wisdom should be a good one for the future.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Uncle Si wrote:Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority

For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:I actually don't mind it, Si. The league cup isn't a huge money draw, and it's better that we focus on league form and look to go on a run in the more lucrative FA cup and Europa league.

Uncle Si wrote:Good point... if we trade Carling Cup success for a deep Europa run than so be it. But league status has to be the top priority

For a second I thought Wenger hacked your accounts. The reactions from fans kinda reminds me about what I said before about everyone caring about the COC until their club is out then they couldn't even spit in the same direction as the trophy let alone glance at what's happening in it.

Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Gate, I don't think you quite understand the liverpool perspective. First our tradition is built on a deep trophy case. The club and its fanbase take a great deal of pride in winning cups, any cups. Secondly the club recently ousted a legend who was very successful in restoring Liverpools cup tradition, then the director states the league has to be a priority before hiring his successor.

Now a fanbase desperate for wins has suffered a rather inglorious ouster (to the new managers former team no less) and looked poor doing it. Every Liverpool fan would prefer to be in the cup. The issue is not the loss, but the weaknesses (in depth especially) revealed in the loss. While Dalglish could throw out Bellers and Kuyt and Carroll in this competition and push across results, Rodgers had... what he had.

This is Liverpool as we know it... a conscious effort to focus energies on one goal instead of the luxury of winning when we want. No Liverpool fan took yesterday lightly. Just had to rationalize it against the overall

I don't understand the perspective cause I'm not a Liverpool fan. Besides, I know a lot of people at the beginning of this tournament would love to win this. If you need an example of how fans can be, Arsenal fans(myself included) won't shut up about the comeback against Reading, even though it's in a cup tournament that's as Wenger said at the bottom of Arsenal's list of priorities, that's how desperate Arsenal fans are for a trophy. And you can't blame them, I bet if Liverpool was in this position, their fans would ripping their hair out of their heads or worse.

And you can't totally blame Liverpool for the loss, Swansea has been good this season.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:56 am
  • Well, it sure didn't take RVP long to score.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:10 am
  • The only positive's I have about the game was that we robbed United of a clean sheet at the absolute end and the Arsenal fans at the game were louder than the United fans, who only got loud when they scored. I do feel that Wilshere got a harsh second yellow which sent him off and now we won't have him till the North London derby because of it. I feel that Walcott should have started the match, though I do understand the fact he didn't cause he played the whole 120+ minutes on Tuesday.

On a side note, Van Persie did earn a little bit of my respect for him back after not celebrating his goal like d-bags like Adebaywhore. In the post match interview he stated that he still respects Arsenal and the Gunner fans, which I couldn't resist asking to myself "If he respects us then why leave us for a league rival?".
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:31 am
  • *sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.

You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:54 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.

I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:*sigh*, Gate. Almost a good post from you right up until the last sentence.

Wait, wait.... are you suggesting Carzola, Giraud and Podolski were not born in London with Arsenal bibs on, raised in Gunner housing while studying Wenger tactics and watching countless sessions of the Invincables every day while ending their nights sitting at Henrys feet as he regails stories of his goals?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:

I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am
  • As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:30 am
  • roiyair wrote:As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..

United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:

I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.

He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.

Remember his "little boy" line? It kinda makes me think he did do that when Arsenal weren't looking.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    roiyair wrote:As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..

United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.

I don't know if found their form is correct. I still get goose bumps every corner or free kick. De Gea is just horrible dealing with crosses which maybe forgiven in La Liga, but definitely not in the Premier League, where it's right at the top of the list of most important things for a goal keeper. The defense isn't helping too much either, but hopefully when we get Vida, Jones and Smalling back that will improve. On the offensive side we are playing good football though.
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:52 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.

Remember his "little boy" line? It kinda makes me think he did do that when Arsenal weren't looking.

I just got that image... wish I could photoshop
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 pm
  • roiyair wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    roiyair wrote:As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..

I don't know if found their form is correct. I still get goose bumps every corner or free kick. De Gea is just horrible dealing with crosses which maybe forgiven in La Liga, but definitely not in the Premier League, where it's right at the top of the list of most important things for a goal keeper. The defense isn't helping too much either, but hopefully when we get Vida, Jones and Smalling back that will improve. On the offensive side we are playing good football though.

Ist football funny? Rest of the league is starting to sigh in disbelief at United's play/luck and yet their fans are team...

Its been interesting watching United adjust its play this season. They are making a concerted effort to keep the ball centrally with Kagawa and utilze the triangle of him, RvP and Rooney... and then shift the ball out wide as the games reach the latter stages just in time to nic results.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:11 pm
  • Goal of the year so far?
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:04 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Goal of the year so far?

Cazorla vs West Ham, I can't really think of any other goals at the moment.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 am
  • That was an exciting game, by every reason you can think of. Arsenal shouldn't have given up those first 2 Fulham goals, but lets not dwell on that. I wanna hear people still call Giroud a flop after this, 2 goals to bring his total up to 6 overall and 3 Premier League goals. Arsenal should have taken all 3 points at the end when they got the penalty kick, Arteta mucked that up. The way I see it, the first 30 minutes it was even, the second 30 minutes Arsenal went brain dead at the back, and the last 30 minutes all of Fulham's players went brain dead. Arsenal shouldn't have conceded all 3 goals but it was great to see them turn it around after they had, and Arshavin surprised me a lot as he was looking like he was involved in everything after coming on and it was his attempted cross that got that pk at the end. MOTM is probably a tie between Berbatov and Giroud.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 pm
  • Should never have had that penalty at the end. Not a handball

I thought Arsenal looked about average. The game was a decent one, though.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Goal of the year so far?

You should watch more soccer
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:02 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Should never have had that penalty at the end. Not a handball

Peaches... its almost hyberbole to suggest to Gate that Arsenal isn't involved in the most momentous and inspired football games of the day.

In truth, they blew another two goal lead (or Arsene called it an "all too comfortbale position". Whaever that means). The gunners defense looks like a tepid, confuseed and uninspired group. They seem unwilling to disrupt the other teams advances and their front 6 almost refuse to defend as the ball progresses forward. The fact that noone can criticize Giroud (he's still very wasteful, and missed opportunities tonight) and Arsenal is scoring is the only reason they aren't in full panic. If they don't get sound behind the ball that time is coming

Big game tomorrow
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:29 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Should never have had that penalty at the end. Not a handball

I kind of feel like the penalty at the end of the game was one of those that gets called 6 out of 10 times and pisses everyone except the team that gets the penalty kick.

After Fulham tied the game they were talking about how Fulham will be a Top 10 club, sadly that's what Arsenal look like as well. I do kinda think this outcome had a good chance of happening since Arsenal had issues with Fulham last year, the 1-1 draw at home and the 2-1 away. It's still unexcusable after being 2-0 up, it was understandable against Schalke but not Fulham(who have been in good form as of late). I do feel Arsenal will be a bit better next week in the North London Derby in defense as there's a chance Wojciech Szczesny will be back in goal and I think both of Fulham's first 2 goals were a result of a bad reaction by Mannone.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:44 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Goal of the year so far?

You should watch more soccer

I think I watch more soccer than you sometimes.

Actually I said Cazorla's goal cause I just put down the first goal I thought of, after some thought I do remember Zoltan Gera's strike from the season opener against Liverpool and Cabaye's goal from last week. I'm looking over some videos to help jog my memory as well.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:18 pm
  • I'm sure you do think you watch more Gate. You don't but I'm sure you think so. I'm sure you believe Arsenal will be better next week. Also, santa is real, the tooth fairy will give you money for lost teeth and gas prices will stay below $4 now that Obama has been reelected.

Arsenal are a shambles defensively, and its not the backline. They lack symmetry from the front and any teeth in the midfield. They have deep concerns as the season stretches along.

Goal of the year question was more for peaches and iswt, who both saw Suarezm goal against Newcastle. Unmatched in the EPL as of yet (imo)

Keep watching though
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm
  • Agree about the Suarez goal. he's a genius when he wants to be.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Agree about the Suarez goal. he's a genius when he wants to be.

I'm ready for the Bitters to go away. Another sneaky result for them today. Can they last? Have the makings of a team to stick around until late (except the depth)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:39 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Agree about the Suarez goal. he's a genius when he wants to be.

I'm ready for the Bitters to go away. Another sneaky result for them today. Can they last? Have the makings of a team to stick around until late (except the depth)
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I'm sure you do think you watch more Gate. You don't but I'm sure you think so. I'm sure you believe Arsenal will be better next week. Also, santa is real, the tooth fairy will give you money for lost teeth and gas prices will stay below $4 now that Obama has been reelected.

Arsenal are a shambles defensively, and its not the backline. They lack symmetry from the front and any teeth in the midfield. They have deep concerns as the season stretches along.

Goal of the year question was more for peaches and iswt, who both saw Suarezm goal against Newcastle. Unmatched in the EPL as of yet (imo)

Keep watching though

I don't watch a lot of football outside of the teams I follow (Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Seattle Sounders, Borussia Dortmund, Champions League) keep me pretty busy.....The Suarez goal vs Newcastle was certainly very exciting, but unique in the fact that the actual hit of the ball into the net was by far the least impressive act of the whole run.

Probably top 5 goal for LFC by the end of the campaign at least with Suarez with the other 4 entries as well.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm
  • I have seen Suarez's goal from last week, but honestly Suarez's goal is basically an easy goal for most strikers if given the pass Suarez got. You look at the 3 goals I mentioned, Gera's goal was unstoppable, Cazorla's stunned everyone, and Cabaye's was from a seriously difficult angle and the path was also crowded with players.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:I have seen Suarez's goal from last week, but honestly Suarez's goal is basically an easy goal for most strikers if given the pass Suarez got. You look at the 3 goals I mentioned, Gera's goal was unstoppable, Cazorla's stunned everyone, and Cabaye's was from a seriously difficult angle and the path was also crowded with players.

I won't argue the other goals (all three very nice) but I had this out with some coaching friends (and Spurs fans) last night about Suarez. They say the same thing... simple goal. But that first touch, off the shoulder, with pace from a ball gone 60 yards is far more difficult than many give it credit. The control is fairly supernatural. He's back to the ball and draped by a defender. He controls it from shoulder (not chest) to foot while running. Just a great deal of skill

All pretty goals and why we watch the game.

Suarez must have decided Errys ban wasn't long enough, that looked painful
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 am
  • Mostly fair result from Stamford Bridge today.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:22 pm
  • I know your GOTY question is probably aimed at EPL goals but I did find this unusual one from the Belgian league.

Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 am
  • Liverpool supporters in this thread, how do you feel about Brad Jones's performance in Reina's absence? I say he's performed admirably and that Reina may be shopped in the window, agree? Pepe can't be out this long with just a minor hamstring knock.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information