Wow.... Wilson's QBR.... 45.8!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, Wilson's overall rating of barely above average makes sense. As fans, we usually live in the moment, and Wilson has been progressively getting better, thus we have rose colored glasses on.

His stats, no matter what system you want to use, are poor on the road. He's well below average there. At home, he's very good, well above average. The mean is right around "above average".

Also take into account that he played poorly more often than not at the beginning of the season, while playing better more often than not recently. Those probably average out to...an average as well.

Taking into account that we had a lot of road games to start the year, rookie learning curve, and Wilson's (and the historically, the team's) performances on the road, and it's not surprising he grades out worse than a lot of people on this board feel he performs. We have more home games than road games left, plus one road game we have is against an opponent that gives us some yards though the air (Buffalo). Wilson will end up having a rating that most of us here can tolerate and agree with at the end of the year.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13y7soq8 said:
Wilson's QBR rating is a load of junk and we all know it.

Well he did spot the other team 7 points.

And I think I just realized why Wilson's QBR is bad. It's because QBR downgrades performances that occur when the other team is up big, ie the seahawks for the 4th quarter and such. BUT, when the game was close, Wilson performed very poorly, and because the game was close it factored more into Wilson's performance. That's probably why Wilson had such a bad score.

DohBoy

Reaction score
If I want to read depressing, pseudo-metrics which indicate my team sucks, I'll just go over to USSMariner.com. Their (and others) overly-anal analysis of statistics in baseball has sort of rendered Mariner baseball boring, namely because the non-playing know-it-all's already know it all.

I pray the asexual, dweebish types that eschew their families for data compilation and analysis don't do to football what they did to baseball. Let's just play the damn game and enjoy the twists & turns. It's entertainment for Christ's sake, not a refresher of non-parametric statistics. The rest of my life already follows a script, I really don't need the season's outcome of my Seahawk football to be determined in August by guys who are hellbent on using things like QBR & QPR to ruin the excitement.

DohBoy

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sherman had 3 PDs, 1 INT, 1 Sack, and 1 FF......yeah he deserves DPOW.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ze1683l said:
Sherman had 3 PDs, 1 INT, 1 Sack, and 1 FF......yeah he deserves DPOW.

And first team all-pro, along with Browner :)

But seriously I'm gonna be really pissed if one of Chicago's CB's steals first team all-pro away from Sherman.

CANHawk

Reaction score
DohBoy":30liyki7 said:
If I want to read depressing, pseudo-metrics which indicate my team sucks, I'll just go over to USSMariner.com. Their (and others) overly-anal analysis of statistics in baseball has sort of rendered Mariner baseball boring, namely because the non-playing know-it-all's already know it all.

I pray the asexual, dweebish types that eschew their families for data compilation and analysis don't do to football what they did to baseball. Let's just play the damn game and enjoy the twists & turns. It's entertainment for Christ's sake, not a refresher of non-parametric statistics. The rest of my life already follows a script, I really don't need the season's outcome of my Seahawk football to be determined in August by guys who are hellbent on using things like QBR & QPR to ruin the excitement.

DohBoy
:common039:

Bless you Doh.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":lu6p0tzh said:
His first half QBR must have been horrible. I kinda agree with this though, that fumble return TD and his other fumble....... He might as well have tossed INT's.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321111026

Bruce Irvin does not look like a bust BTW. 2 sacks along with 2 QB hits. A blank on the stat sheet for Clemons though :(

Clemons had a mostly quiet game but I do remember him coming from the left edge to blindside Sanchez. Really knocked the shit out of him on that hit. I feel that hit went a long way towards stymied offensive progress on behalf of the Jets.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawksfan515":w21nr1t1 said:
.......But seriously I'm gonna be really pissed if one of Chicago's CB's steals first team all-pro away from Sherman.
Tillman's almost a shoe-in already. He's created a bunch of turnovers and the media lovefest for him is through the roof. Sherm's competing for the one remaining spot IMO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DohBoy":2a0tcj1z said:

DohBoy
Great post man. With you 100%. Football is more than stats, it's heart, desire and will to overcome no matter the team being played or the conditions. Baseball and basketball have far less of that than football does.