Marquess Wilson vs Mike Leach and the Cougs

SharkHawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":9arc2oww said:
Sharkhark, if he is the kind of guy that leaves at first opportunity then why the decade at Texas Tech? Or does that not fit with your narrative? He's eccentric, and a little insane, but it seems like some of your accusations are bordering on hyperbole. A lot of coaching and teaching, at any level, is manipulating behavior, if Leach is manipulating their behavior, in whatever manner, to teach those guys to be disciplined, play hard all the time and be accountable, does the end justify the means?

Btw, link to the truth about the Craig James thing,

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/craig-jam ... logy-29972

Go back and look at how many times during that ten years (and you can't include the first 5 or so where he got established) where he falsely used another school to boost his contract or at least attempted to. Leach went as far as to leave Lubbock under the guise of going to "interviews" with other schools that DID NOT EVEN EXIST.

He is a manipulative liar. I could care less what you think of my "narrative". You know more about Leach than I do.... congratulations. I've known of Leach for well over 20 years from those who have worked directly with him. I and family members were at BYU with him. He's an ass. I may be too. Just another case of "it takes one to know one" just like I said with Marquess and Leach.

Leach is not just eccentric, I assure you of that. He's a wackjob.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect there is a lot of truth to Wilson's expressed concerns. OTOH I think Wilson has just screwed himself badly in terms of draft position and has confirmed his reputation as a prima donna and selfish player.

He needed to simply put up with his suspension and keep his mouth shut until the Cougs played their final game this season then he could have gone public w/o hurting himself by his quitting on his team. Time will tell but his draft stock has likely taken a huge hit.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
Yeah I never believed the garbage Wilson was saying. Whats funny is that he had only positive things to say to the recruit he talked to. Then Moos reveals this...

“What is not widely known but is of great importance is I received a text message from the departing player following the UCLA football game where he recanted the allegations of abuse made in a letter written by he and a relative and sent to the media earlier that evening.”

I don't know Marques Wilson but I do have a brother who went to Wazzu and was a Pi Kappa Alpha frat member (they have a couple players in the house) and he told me the talk was that he had heard that it was just that Marques was to fragile to the coaching. He didn't like the tough love and expected special treatment because he was the star of the team. It happens all the time with a new coaching regimes. I like Leach, and as an outsider knowing that coaching and recruiting at Wazzu is a tough battle I think they are lucky to have him. Leach may not be perfect but Marques and Adam James have both been on record of taking back what they said. Kids lie when they feel mistreated but when they are in a court of law and sworn under oath, or a investigation is taken its funny how they retract their bull shit.

On a positive it is nice to see Leach actually cares about academics. Thats pretty cool and for that I say Go Cougs!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marquess only had to put up with it for a few more weeks, and he would have been getting ready for the draft. I don't care how bad it was, or don't know if it was bad at all, but his inability to endure a few more weeks tells everyone what they need to know. Don't draft me was the message he sent.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
So, does Wilson have any stock value at all if the Pac-12 confirms Wazzu's findings? I'm thinking he won't even get a UDFA invite at this point. A player can have all the talent in the world, but they're always going to get beat by the guy (with marginally less talent) who wants it more.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Whether there was abuse or not, to call Wilson a "pussy" is asinine. Many coaches are assholes even at the pop-warner level. He's most likely had to deal with douchebag coaches his entire life. He may have an attitude problem, but to call him a "crybaby" or anything of that nature is ignorant.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
razgriz737":3ad05slv said:
Whether there was abuse or not, to call Wilson a "pussy" is asinine. Many coaches are assholes even at the pop-warner level. He's most likely had to deal with douchebag coaches his entire life. He may have an attitude problem, but to call him a "crybaby" or anything of that nature is ignorant.
I prefer Momma's Boy.
Simply put, his decision may have cost him millions. If he keeps his mouth shut and endures, he probably gets drafted on his athletic potential fairly early.
But he didn't. So, fair or not, he will get tagged as immature. And I am going to guess right now that time is going to prove that tag to be true.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
razgriz737":3e24y8wi said:

I don't get why that is asinine, especially after hearing the details of what exactly transpired. Those were some serious false accusations. The bottom line in my mind was he was coddled with the previous coach and now he cant take the heat. I WOULD NOT want the hawks to end up with him, thats for sure. Even if you believe he was verbally abused the bottom line is HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM. :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

NYCoug

Reaction score
I kinda feel bad for Marquess. It's obvious that he got bad advice from a family member and was just trying to clear his name before the crap hit the fan. He didn't want the headlines to read "Wilson suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team" because of the possible drug implications that could go along with it. His, and more so his family's move, backfired on him horribly and now his pro prospects are going to suffer because of it.

If I were him I'd try and transfer to Idaho State or somewhere like that to repair his image. Be a model citizen for a year, show teams that you're a hard worker and want to be an NFL star desperately, and then go for the NFL next year. As it stands, his chances of getting drafted are slim to none.

I'm hoping for the best for this kid. He was a lone bright spot on some pretty dismal teams. It just sucks that everything went down the way it did. Hoping for the best for all parties involved.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
NYCoug":4k76xc1g said:
I kinda feel bad for Marquess. It's obvious that he got bad advice from a family member and was just trying to clear his name before the crap hit the fan. He didn't want the headlines to read "Wilson suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team" because of the possible drug implications that could go along with it. His, and more so his family's move, backfired on him horribly and now his pro prospects are going to suffer because of it.

If I were him I'd try and transfer to Idaho State or somewhere like that to repair his image. Be a model citizen for a year, show teams that you're a hard worker and want to be an NFL star desperately, and then go for the NFL next year. As it stands, his chances of getting drafted are slim to none.

I'm hoping for the best for this kid. He was a lone bright spot on some pretty dismal teams. It just sucks that everything went down the way it did. Hoping for the best for all parties involved.

Agreed. From the beginning of the year I didn't like his attitude and body language. I wanted him off the team but never wanted him to become a villain. I hope the best for the kid.

razgriz737

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2xuzz9cy said:
razgriz737":2xuzz9cy said:

I don't get why that is asinine, especially after hearing the details of what exactly transpired. Those were some serious false accusations. The bottom line in my mind was he was coddled with the previous coach and now he cant take the heat. I WOULD NOT want the hawks to end up with him, thats for sure. Even if you believe he was verbally abused the bottom line is HE QUIT ON HIS TEAM. :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:
The point I'm trying to make is that "pussies" and "whimps" (whatever name you prefer) don't even make it to the college level. These kids are coached by hard asses from the time they start playing.

What am I even doing here? I'm a Husky trying to defend a Coug!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Since you don't like the idea of pussies and wimps, how about soft? Wilson played soft and was an entitled little turd, and, by the way he handled this, a complete coward.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
razgriz737":18nuf4fz said:
How's that ignorant? He had an opportunity thousands of kids would've killed for...he couldn't handle it when his back was against the wall. He's a talented player but his attitude screams "crybaby".

-The Glove-

Reaction score
razgriz737":3790hvr6 said:
T-Sizzle":3790hvr6 said:
razgriz737":3790hvr6 said:

The point I'm trying to make is that "pussies" and "whimps" (whatever name you prefer) don't even make it to the college level. These kids are coached by hard asses from the time they start playing.

What am I even doing here? I'm a Husky trying to defend a Coug!

I don't believe that. "Pussies" and "whimps" don't make it to the professional level. A lot of weak minded, athletic crybabies have made it in the NCAA. They're still amateurs at that point.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I think there is an equally high a probability that he has been babied by coaches his entire life. He has probably been the best athlete on his teams his whole life. A lot of coaches let their best players get away with crap because they know they would suck without them.