Golden Tate is entrenched as the #2 WR

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Golden Tate is entrenched as the #2 WR
Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:58 pm
  • According to snap counts.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/11/12/36 ... k-analysis

Golden Tate is officially the starting X-receiver for the Seahawks, if there was any lingering doubt about depth charts or roles going forward. He and Sidney Rice are the two receiver mainstays in this offense now, both seeing 50 offensive snaps apiece vs. the Jets. Both players are clicking very well with Wilson, and both players are providing Wilson great downfield options.

Both Rice and Tate saw 50 snaps apiece.

Anthony McCoy is not being phased out of the offense, collecting about 37 snaps. Evan Moore on the other hand, seems to be, even though he did collect a DPI on his only snap.

In other news though, Bruce Irvin got two TFL's and two sacks in 13 snaps! Damn, that's pretty good!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Um, aren't the sacks the tfl's?
    Remembering rookies will play like rookies, since 2012.
    JerHawk81
    NET Veteran

• JerHawk81 wrote:Um, aren't the sacks the tfl's?

They are.
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

• good to see G tate finally coming around.. he's got all the talent in the world, good to see it materializing on the field... he's a legit weapon and so is rice... so is baldwin for that matter when he's healthy..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• He has completed more passes than Matt Flynn too, does that mean he's our #2 QB? :-D

In seriousness though, Tate is looking like he's turned the corner.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• I think Tate could be in store for yet another iterative breakout next year after an offseason of work with Wilson. I think he has a chance to be a great #2 because he's a playmaker.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• oh please, next time he drops a few balls you will be the first to demand his head on a silver platter...
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

• Both Tate and Rice have 6 TD apiece too.

When was the last time both of our starting wideouts had at least 6 TDs each?
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Jac wrote:I think Tate could be in store for yet another iterative breakout next year after an offseason of work with Wilson. I think he has a chance to be a great #2 because he's a playmaker.

I think it depends on the offense. I think 3-5 catches a game is the most a receiver in our offense can hope for in normal games with a "point guard QB" style offense where we are only throwing 20 times a game. If we open it up next year, I would expect Rice and Tate to be up there in numbers with other league leaders.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Golden Tate is the current #2 receiver with no clear competition for that distinction.

But I wouldn't go so far as to declare him entrenched. At least not yet. He needs to stay focused and finish well.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

You know timing is so important to the passing game. It's really everything.

I see Baldwin as a Timex ....... takes a licken and keeps on ticking.

I see Rice as a Seiko ...... he's so smooth and precise in every move he makes.

And then there is Tate as a Casio .... he's has multiple features and modes to work with.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:
    Aros wrote:It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

dunno if its receivers or QB but it sure looks like the short game timing is getting there, maybe cuz they didn't play too much of it? lol

but yea, way to work around it and not force the issue!

great game fellas
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Golden Tate is a BAWSE!
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Jville wrote:
    Aros wrote:It's too bad Baldwin hasn't been able to stay healthy so far this year. He's a wicked slot option when healthy. I look forward to his full potential return, joining Rice and Tate as a powerful option for RW.

And then there is Tate as a Casio .... he's has multiple features and modes to work with.

Seiko is the best you can do? Rice is more of a Rolex.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Jville wrote:

Seiko is the best you can do? Rice is more of a Rolex.

The other Rice is a Rolex ......... along with Hall of Fame receiver Mr. Steve Largent. :th2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information