12/2 vs. Bears

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
12/2 vs. Bears
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm
  • Really needs to replace the Cowgirls/Feables game on National TV.
    * NET Staff *

Re: 12/2 vs. Bears
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm
  • WHAT?! How dare you suggest America's Scrotum--err, Team, be replaced on national TV!
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:America's Scrotum--err, Team, should be replaced!

Fixed it for you :D
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm
  • Not gunna happen. I expect our game against the 49ers to be flexed into prime time, if the 49ers haven't
    used up their allotment already.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:40 pm
  • Better not be flexed! I have a 9 pm flight back to seattle after the game and will have to sell my tickets if thats the case.
    fishhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:45 am
  • start looking for buyers... if the division race or seeding is decided by this game, it will get flexed to prime time....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 am
  • I was traveling for business this week waiting to catch my flight back to Seattle last night from DFW. Over some time, I started feeling nauseous and wasn't sure what was going on. Then I realized I was too close to the Dallas team store. Once I moved a couple of gates away I started feeling much better. It may be a coincidence but I think not.

I agree that there are much more appealing games to be had. I would be extremely surprised if they ever bumped up a Seahawks game this year.
    BullHawk33
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 am
  • Don't agree with the PP. I think there's a lot of interest in the Seahawks and especially Wilson and Lynch, and we don't have a lot of Sunday night or Monday night exposure this year. (Just one game so far, correct? Packers at Seahawks, which became infamous.) I think looking at our schedule that the most likely games to be flexed would be us at Bears or 49ers at Seahawks.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:04 am
  • BocciHawk wrote:Don't agree with the PP. I think there's a lot of interest in the Seahawks and especially Wilson and Lynch, and we don't have a lot of Sunday night or Monday night exposure this year. (Just one game so far, correct? Packers at Seahawks, which became infamous.) I think looking at our schedule that the most likely games to be flexed would be us at Bears or 49ers at Seahawks.

I think the national audience actually enjoys watching games at Centurylink. Of course i am biased but the site of our stadium, especially at night, with the 12th man in full throat, is very impressive. I doubt the Chi town game gets flexed as that would give us an advantage. No 10 am start. There is no way the south alaska Seahawks get a break like that.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:09 am
  • We should find out Monday.
    * NET Staff *

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 am
  • I would think that even with the paltry records that DAL/PHI currently have, they are still a bigger draw nationally than the Bears/Seahawks..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:Don't agree with the PP. I think there's a lot of interest in the Seahawks and especially Wilson and Lynch, and we don't have a lot of Sunday night or Monday night exposure this year. (Just one game so far, correct? Packers at Seahawks, which became infamous.) I think looking at our schedule that the most likely games to be flexed would be us at Bears or 49ers at Seahawks.

We already had a Thursday night game against the Digits. I kinda doubt the next digits game will also be nationally televised.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm
  • Barthawk wrote:I would think that even with the paltry records that DAL/PHI currently have, they are still a bigger draw nationally than the Bears/Seahawks..

Dallas will probably be 6-5 and that alone will be enough for them to justify having that game on, even though Philly will be at best 4-7.

Sad because they both suck and neither will be in the playoffs.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:43 am
  • I could see Dallas contending in the NFC East. New York seems destined for a 9-7 season, and Dallas currently owns the tiebreaker against them by a slim margin. If Dallas finishes 5-2, assuming those losses aren't in the division, they are probably in. Heck, they might end up hosting the Seahawks.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 am
  • kearly wrote:Heck, they might end up hosting the Seahawks.

I'd pray for us to get a game there, if we don't win the division. It's the most mild enemy environment I can imagine in the entire NFL. Against a mediocre team in the playoffs, too.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:01 am
  • Bruce could get his first NFL sack AND first NFL playoff sack against them...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 am
  • I hope not. I get it HD on Sunday Ticket and they black out national games so you're forced to watch the local feed. Rather have it on HD so I can really see how crooked Pete's nose is.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:Don't agree with the PP. I think there's a lot of interest in the Seahawks and especially Wilson and Lynch, and we don't have a lot of Sunday night or Monday night exposure this year. (Just one game so far, correct? Packers at Seahawks, which became infamous.) I think looking at our schedule that the most likely games to be flexed would be us at Bears or 49ers at Seahawks.

We already had a Thursday night game against the Digits. I kinda doubt the next digits game will also be nationally televised.

Maybe I'm old school but I don't consider Thursday night games nationally televised. Sunday night football is a MUCH bigger deal than either Thursday or Monday night...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:Don't agree with the PP. I think there's a lot of interest in the Seahawks and especially Wilson and Lynch, and we don't have a lot of Sunday night or Monday night exposure this year. (Just one game so far, correct? Packers at Seahawks, which became infamous.) I think looking at our schedule that the most likely games to be flexed would be us at Bears or 49ers at Seahawks.

Maybe I'm old school but I don't consider Thursday night games nationally televised. Sunday night football is a MUCH bigger deal than either Thursday or Monday night...

It doesn't matter whether or not you consider TNF games to be nationally televised. It matters what the League and the Networks think. And I'm pretty sure they consider TNF to be nationally televised.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
  • You need someone with you to wake you up cause you're dreaming!

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 pm
  • they need to delete TNF, period
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 am
  • I wouldn't argue with that at all.

UNLESS they were to adopt a new scheduling rule, that TNF games and London games will only be played by teams immediately after their bye week. I'd be OK with that.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information