We're ending the regular season...

60niners

Reaction score
How are so many of you writing off the Niners as a sure win? I understand having confidence in your team but I believe the Niners match-up really well against the Seahawks and would give them fits at either field.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
60niners":2yunznvf said:
How are so many of you writing off the Niners as a sure win? I understand having confidence in your team but I believe the Niners match-up really well against the Seahawks and would give them fits at either field.

What? You're questioning why there's an optimistic post on a Seahawks board?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way, Seahawks fans actually think their team can beat the precious over-rated 49ers? Oh the horror :roll:

60niners

Reaction score
Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Personally, I think the Niners win in Seattle (duh for a Niner fan) but I am quite concerned should they have to play in the playoffs. I think Seattle has the same youthful energy that the Niners had last year that makes them dangerous anytime. The Niners seem off this year... very flat at times!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think we all deep down realize that is one hell of a tough game, but Denial works better :)
A lot of ppl, including myself, see the Niners/Hawks series as a split type thing, mainly because we don't lose at home often, and seem to find new ways to lose on the road. And as much as it's tough to admit, the Niners are pretty damn good. :pukeface:

12thMode

Reaction score
I actually saw a few posts on here from people that are worried about the 9ers game, even though it is here at home. IMO no game is a for sure win. What is for sure is that this season has been better than alot of us expected!

Like one said a few posts above, you are on a Seahawks forum, and there will be blue Kool-Aid being passed around every once in a blue moon ;)

Either way may the best team win. And as much as I hate the 9ers I am also biased and will root for them if they do make it past us. NFC West love!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
60niners":27mzuzy3 said:

Eh, I think it's a combination of knowing that our offense is improving as the season continues paired with the knowledge that our last game against the 49ers was very close. Add to that the fact that it's a home game where our team has been outstanding this season, and I think it's reasonable to be optimistic about the Hawks' chances in that one.

blue 22

Reaction score
Im thinking nfc championship as well with the packers getting their revenge in that game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
60niners":2amsjgu9 said:
Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Personally, I think the Niners win in Seattle (duh for a Niner fan) but I am quite concerned should they have to play in the playoffs. I think Seattle has the same youthful energy that the Niners had last year that makes them dangerous anytime. The Niners seem off this year... very flat at times!

I don't get that feel at all. Most if not all respect the 49ers, but the last 3 games that have been played have been extremely close. I beleive both teams are equally matched and I beleive this game will feel like last Christmas eve, which had the intensity of a playoff game.

Since this is at Seattle I think Seattle has the slight edge. It should be a fun one, but of course most Seahawks fans will hope to win that game.

The interesting thing is this game comes after SF has to travel to New England and quite possibly their 3-4 loss, this Seattle vs SF game could be the deciding game for the division title and a playoff home game.

I'm of the opinion that Seattle will go 6-0 to close out the year, getting impressive wins over the Bears and the 49ers and taking the #2 seed in the playoffs. Hey if I'm going to dream, might as well dream big.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
60niners":2s6qusab said:

Eh, you guys benefited from all the vanilla scheming on both sides of the ball that every NFL team used last year because of the lockout. You benefited more than most, that is. A number of us around here predicted a drop-off in 49ers production for various reasons, that being a big one.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dowiqlh said:
60niners":3dowiqlh said:

Eh, you guys benefited from all the vanilla scheming on both sides of the ball that every NFL team used last year because of the lockout. You benefited more than most, that is. A number of us around here predicted a drop-off in 49ers production for various reasons, that being a big one.
To be fair, they had a new coach coming in and implementing a whole new playbook in that short offseason is no small task. What SF did last year was a hell of an accomplishment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
60niners":2nxvcrx0 said:

It'll depend on if the 49'ers have the division wrapped up by then.

If they do? Then that would mean the Hawks are fighting for their playoff lives, therefore have the edge in being the more desperate team......which should result in a victory.

If BOTH teams are vying for the division or more favorable seed? Then all bets are off.........and this game will be a blood bath.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
60niners":ksfre979 said:

Well someone's got to win the game it might as well be the hawks at their house...

Strike that.>>I suppose we could do what Ninners been doing lately and end in a TIE. Not. :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32tt9cui said:
I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.
I'm terrified that you, of all people, are predicting this. ;) Admittedly, I feel very good about this, too. First rookie QB to ever make/win a Super Bowl; and no, Kurt Warner does not count. He was far from a rookie with the Rams.

firebee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1k3hepf7 said:
MontanaHawk05":1k3hepf7 said:
I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.
I'm terrified that you, of all people, are predicting this. ;) Admittedly, I feel very good about this, too. First rookie QB to ever make/win a Super Bowl; and no, Kurt Warner does not count. He was far from a rookie with the Rams.

You forgot about one of the biggest travesties in Seahawk history? Wish I could forget about that game too.

Super Bowl XL... Ben Roethlisberger... First rookie QB to win a Super Bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny, my official prediction in the archives have us going 5-1 to close out the season. Losing only to da Bears.

:)

kidhawk

Reaction score
firebee":2npefx85 said:
RolandDeschain":2npefx85 said:
MontanaHawk05":2npefx85 said:

Yep.

You forgot about one of the biggest travesties in Seahawk history? Wish I could forget about that game too.

Super Bowl XL... Ben Roethlisberger... First rookie QB to win a Super Bowl.

Roesthlisberger, much like Marino, went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year He was drafted in '04 and went to the superbowl in the '05 season