"Getting better all the time" by Pete and John

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1a47bulj said:
Sub .500? As in the Hawks go 1-5 in the last six games? Jacksonville has a better chance of going 5-1 than the Hawks do of going 1-5.

Hence why PC will not be on the hot seat in 2013.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
CANHawk":rpbsbal8 said:
I could see something like that being Pete's "retirement plan", but I also see Pete as the kind of cat who won't even be interested in retirement until well into his 70's. Either way though, I don't see Pete putting down his whistle until he's accomplished what he set out to accomplish in the NFL and that's to win a championship his way. But knowing Pete and his desire to compete, he probably won't rest until he wins 3.

But after that... sure, why not. But I see the next HC in that kind of scenario coming from within the Family. If not someone like Gus Bradley or Tom Cable who are already in the system, then somebody like Sark or Lane Kiffen who came from the system. Chip Kelly and John Gruden are too far removed from the Pete Carroll system IMO. Pete Carroll seems to me like the kind of guy who's going to end up having his own huge branch on the overall coaching tree when it's all said and done. Maybe not quite like Parcells or Walsh (who are practically the trunk of the overall modern coaching tree), but like Holmgren or Tony Dungy. To graft on guys from other branches seems out of character.

Agreed. Pete's been wanting to be exactly where he is for sooooo long. His plan is right on schedule with the progress he expected. He wants to see it through and he's just getting the ball rolling. Maybe after he hoists the Lombardi, then we might see one of his guys take over the sideline part of the job. Pete's philosophy is to promote from within, as stated in his book. BTW, I was re-listening to it yesterday and love this quote from him (recently after being hired by Paul Allen): "To have the ability to make decisions, be innovative, and work with what will be known as the best front office in football, is the perfect fit for my personality." -- PC, "Win Forever", disc 4, track 11. That is so freakin' cool.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bellingerga":1alfkluh said:
Sarlacc83":1alfkluh said:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why people freaking out about PC being on the hot seat come next year was so irritating to the rest of us.

He's made alot of progress, but if this team finishes sub .500 this year I truly believe he is on the hot seat. Do I personally endorse that? no. I think he's earned atleast a couple more years, based on what we're seeing. I'm currently very impressed, but this nfl is a win NOW league.

Win Now? Are you so sure that you know what Paul Allen will consider as measures of success, or failure ESPECIALLY when he's seeing a Rookie Quarterback having such huge success out of the gate?, I sure as hell ain't.

The fact that the loss numbers are on the decline, and by much fewer points in the boot, Allen knows that his Seahawks are trending nicely.

Both sides of the ball have undergone some big growth patterns, and that is why I believe Paul Allen will consider keeping Pete, as well as John, and the rest of the coaching staff in place.
I believe he knows that jumping around would only take everything back to square one....He'll stay with what's working, even if there were to be some small setbacks, because it's trending the right direction, , just my 2 cents.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1wrzz4dh said:
bellingerga":1wrzz4dh said:
Sarlacc83":1wrzz4dh said:
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why people freaking out about PC being on the hot seat come next year was so irritating to the rest of us.

He's made alot of progress, but if this team finishes sub .500 this year I truly believe he is on the hot seat. Do I personally endorse that? no. I think he's earned atleast a couple more years, based on what we're seeing. I'm currently very impressed, but this nfl is a win NOW league.
Win Now? Are you so sure that you know what Paul Allen will consider as measures of success, or failure ESPECIALLY when he's seeing a Rookie Quarterback having such huge success out of the gate?, I sure as hell ain't.

The fact that the loss numbers are on the decline, and by much fewer points in the boot, Allen knows that his Seahawks are trending nicely.

Both sides of the ball have undergone some big growth patterns, and that is why I believe Paul Allen will consider keeping Pete, as well as John, and the rest of the coaching staff in place.
I believe he knows that jumping around would only take everything back to square one....He'll stay with what's working, even if there were to be some small setbacks, because it's trending the right direction, , just my 2 cents.
I agree with everything you said, except for your use of the word "consider." I believe his decision to hire Pete and John has only been confirmed, and is stronger as time goes on. At this point, there is no way he would even consider the possibility of moving on from either one of them. Something major would have to change first.