Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: 3 Reasons the Seahawks should pursue Payton
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:29 pm 
NET Starter

"Three seasons into his five-year contract Pete Carroll is not living up to expectations."

http://thesportsblitz.com/blog/3-reasons-the-seahawks-should-pursue-payton

PS: randomly happened across this article

Post subject: Re: 3 Reasons the Seahawks should pursue Payton
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 pm 
NET Veteran

3, 2, 1, .........

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:35 pm 
NET Veteran

:141847_bnono: :187734: :229031_banghead: :177692: :229031_rant: :229031_rolleyes: :240039: :cussing: :censored:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Ummm..... Jeez.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 pm 
NET Veteran

Seriously? In what way has he not delivered?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

It was written by a guy who says he is a Seahawks fan. For one, I doubt Payton is going to be leaving New Orleans but if he does, I don't think he would want to head up this way. He just moved his family back to Dallas, encountering some grief from the local New Orleans media but that is where he wants his family raised. This is just too far away.

Payton would probably produce a more potent offense but he would have to find a good defensive mind to run his defense for me to feel the move is worth the change. It is something to speculate during the bye week but I just don't think it fits.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Last edited by drdiags on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

That was legitimately the worst sports article I've ever read.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:50 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Same site as that juvenile "Wilson will win Super Bowls with the Seahawks".

Congratulations, Bleacher Report. You've been outdone.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:01 pm 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

That guy's elevator was stuck in the basement. He says he is a Seahawks fan, but he comes across as a Pete Carroll hater. With Pete Carroll's total NFL record sitting at 52-53 after the queens game, he had the audacity (and stupidity) to say, "his record in the NFL is a losing one or break even at the very best."

Actually, I'm kinda impressed with that article. It's not often that you can find that much stupidity crammed into four paragraphs.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Sometimes I hate the internet.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 am 
* NET Alumni *

Pete has flipped the roster the equivalent to ten full times in 2.5 years, and has gone 7-9, 7-9, and is now 6-4 and could very well reach 10 wins in season 3 with every player on the team being a new starter with the exception of Leroy Hill, who is really just a role player. Can you imagine that? Turn over everybody but Leroy Hill up to ten times and be sitting at 1 game under .500 for his career here, and having the second youngest roster in the league, and staring double digit wins in year 3 along with being set at essentially every skill position (if they can afford it) for the next 5 years plus. Line: Okung, Carp, Unger, (Moffit, McQuistian/Jean Pierre/Sweezy), Breno (all young). TE: Miller and McCoy. Both young and talented. QB: Wilson, Flynn, Portis. Hmmm... I see a trend all 3 young and talented. WR: Rice, Baldwin, Tate (Noticing a pattern? All 3 young and very talented!). ST: Ryan and Hauschka - kickers are ageless. Both fairly young and at the top of their game. And no I didn't forget... the big talent: Lynch - Locked up long term. Not 30. Already at 1,000 on the year after 10 games. Amazing! Still playing like he's wanting his first contract. Turbin - Rookie, playing very well. Learning behind the master and is cheap and tough. Robinson, best pure FB left, and does a lot of other stuff and is relatively young and FB's can have long careers.

Now, do the same with the defense. Tell me how many other coaches could flip a team and win 8 games, then 7, now 6 10 weeks in over his first 2 and a partial season. I don't see many that could manage the roster that well and still churn wins out and seemingly improve every week. We were within a play of winning every game but 1. Pretty amazing.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:52 am 
NET Veteran

SNDavidson wrote:

Sometimes I hate the internet.

hahah

You're on a roll lately dude.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:54 am 
* NET Eeyore *

...........uh, ok

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:56 am 
NET Veteran

Yeah just look at this collection of "articles" written by the same guy "Adam Plumlee".

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/author/aplumlee/

Sorry plumlee but if you're a member here and you're paying attention to this: Don't quit your day job. Unless your dayjob is sports writing, then quit your dayjob.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 am 
NET Veteran

Just say no to Payton. If anyone were brought in to work with Wilson ala Brees style it should or would be his QB coach and OC. Even then I don't believe Carroll has failed this team in any way. He's delivered some pretty amazing results from the shit storm he inherited.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:25 am 
NET Veteran

Maybe if we finished 7-9 again and the team quits on him. But does anyone think that would happen? Certainly not me.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 am 
* NET Radish *

Know what's so stupid about this? Walter Payton is dead!

:141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 am 
NET Veteran

this guy is pretty stupid. Maybe he was mad because his other predictions didn't come true...

Quote:
Quarterback: The Russell Wilson experiment will be over when Paul Allen informs Pete Carroll the basement is his least favorite place, both at Century Link Field and in the division. By week 10 the Seahawks will be 4-5, Matt Flynn will take the helm in week 10 against the New York Jets, and during the post game interviews an ecstatic Tom Cable will declare it was wonderful to finally be able to call passing plays. Neither Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow will be the talk as Flynn steps in, throws 5 touchdowns and leads Seattle to a 38-3 victory over New York. The Seahawks will later claim having a bye so late in the season (week 11) was crucial to running the table from weeks 12 to 17 and ending the regular season 11 and 5.

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/2012 ... y-week-17/

After reading through a lot of his articles it is clear to see he is just a Wilson hater, and will only hate PC as long as Wilson is starting.

Not to mention this article just looks stupid in very little hindsight...

Quote:
The Seahawks have all the ingredients to be a championship caliber team, but until they figure out how to blend it all together they will continue to watch the Super Bowl from home. Seattle fans will have to continue enduring nail biting down to the wire wins and loses until Coach Carroll (1) gives Wilson the time necessary to grow and mature into a player befitting an athlete of his capability and potential and (2) finds the confidence to let who ever is under center the ability to win the game before the final down. As the saying goes Coach Carroll you’ve got to take a chance sometime, might as well be now.

I wonder if that chance of starting Wilson is paying off? Also, you evaluated Wilson 3 weeks into his rookie season idiot. He (predictably) improved greatly.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 am 
NET Veteran

I think we found Kingdome Karlisemo!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 am 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:
Pete has flipped the roster the equivalent to ten full times in 2.5 years, and has gone 7-9, 7-9, and is now 6-4 and could very well reach 10 wins in season 3 with every player on the team being a new starter with the exception of Leroy Hill, who is really just a role player. Can you imagine that? Turn over everybody but Leroy Hill up to ten times and be sitting at 1 game under .500 for his career here, and having the second youngest roster in the league, and staring double digit wins in year 3 along with being set at essentially every skill position (if they can afford it) for the next 5 years plus. Line: Okung, Carp, Unger, (Moffit, McQuistian/Jean Pierre/Sweezy), Breno (all young). TE: Miller and McCoy. Both young and talented. QB: Wilson, Flynn, Portis. Hmmm... I see a trend all 3 young and talented. WR: Rice, Baldwin, Tate (Noticing a pattern? All 3 young and very talented!). ST: Ryan and Hauschka - kickers are ageless. Both fairly young and at the top of their game. And no I didn't forget... the big talent: Lynch - Locked up long term. Not 30. Already at 1,000 on the year after 10 games. Amazing! Still playing like he's wanting his first contract. Turbin - Rookie, playing very well. Learning behind the master and is cheap and tough. Robinson, best pure FB left, and does a lot of other stuff and is relatively young and FB's can have long careers.

Now, do the same with the defense. Tell me how many other coaches could flip a team and win 8 games, then 7, now 6 10 weeks in over his first 2 and a partial season. I don't see many that could manage the roster that well and still churn wins out and seemingly improve every week. We were within a play of winning every game but 1. Pretty amazing.

Tate is the "roll" player. Hill is actually "top pot".

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

The Radish wrote:

Thought he was talking about Gary Payton :shock:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

hawksfan515 wrote:
this guy is pretty stupid. Maybe he was mad because his other predictions didn't come true...

Quote:
Quarterback: The Russell Wilson experiment will be over when Paul Allen informs Pete Carroll the basement is his least favorite place, both at Century Link Field and in the division. By week 10 the Seahawks will be 4-5, Matt Flynn will take the helm in week 10 against the New York Jets, and during the post game interviews an ecstatic Tom Cable will declare it was wonderful to finally be able to call passing plays. Neither Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow will be the talk as Flynn steps in, throws 5 touchdowns and leads Seattle to a 38-3 victory over New York. The Seahawks will later claim having a bye so late in the season (week 11) was crucial to running the table from weeks 12 to 17 and ending the regular season 11 and 5.

Yeah, that quote says all that needs to be said about why this guy has a beef with PC.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 am 
* NET Radish *

grizbob wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Wrong ball Griz

:D

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:38 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

The Radish wrote:
grizbob wrote:
The Radish wrote:

Wrong ball Griz

:D

Oh yeah, pointy ends, got it :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am 
NET Veteran

This guy writes like a spambot

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 am 
NET Starter

NinjaHawk wrote:
That was legitimately the worst sports article I've ever read.

No way this one takes the cake IMO from a RW superbowl thread

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... s/12200662

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 am 
NET Starter

hawksfan515 wrote:

Quote:

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/2012 ... y-week-17/

After reading through a lot of his articles it is clear to see he is just a Wilson hater, and will only hate PC as long as Wilson is starting.

Not to mention this article just looks stupid in very little hindsight...

Quote:
The Seahawks have all the ingredients to be a championship caliber team, but until they figure out how to blend it all together they will continue to watch the Super Bowl from home. Seattle fans will have to continue enduring nail biting down to the wire wins and loses until Coach Carroll (1) gives Wilson the time necessary to grow and mature into a player befitting an athlete of his capability and potential and (2) finds the confidence to let who ever is under center the ability to win the game before the final down. As the saying goes Coach Carroll you’ve got to take a chance sometime, might as well be now.

Nice find

I wonder if that chance of starting Wilson is paying off? Also, you evaluated Wilson 3 weeks into his rookie season idiot. He (predictably) improved greatly.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:48 am 
NET Veteran

Haha, someone should link this thread to that guy...he needs a good eye opener. What a jabroni!!!! He should trade his 'hawks gear in for Steeler gear...# this guy.

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

BlueTalons wrote:

I'd forgotten about him! But yeah, it fits his passive-aggressive Seahawk pessimism.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:42 pm 
NET Veteran

BlueTalon wrote:
BlueTalons wrote:

I'd forgotten about him! But yeah, it fits his passive-aggressive Seahawk pessimism.

I actually had the same thought lol

This guy is a joke, in one article he's writing about how horrible Wilson is and when he'll be replaced, now he's writing about why we'll win superbowls because of Russ.

HURRRR DURRRR DERP

:!:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:04 pm 
NET Veteran

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
nothing needs to be said.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:25 am 
NET Veteran

His latest post is chock full of win!

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/wils ... -2-qb-set/

:34853_doh:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 am 
* NET Philistine *

volsunghawk wrote:
His latest post is chock full of win!

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/blog/wils ... -2-qb-set/

:34853_doh:

Wow. Just...wow. Anybody who's taking 'ideas' from the NY Jets should probably go in for a CAT scan.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Ohmugodwhatastupidideawhatatoollulz

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 am 
NET Veteran

They need to make keyboards more difficult to plug in so idiots can't use them.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 am 
NET Veteran

well this got me going for a hot second, then once i composed myself, and read through most of the fine posts on this subject, i came to this conclusion, and say :141847_bnono:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]