diehard dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

themunn

Reaction score
we have a -17 point differential on the road, that is hardly a "BAD" road team (albeit not a very good one either), we've been seriously unlucky - with the opportunity to win against the Cardinals, an amazing performance from Legatron and a fake FG (which shouldn't have been snapped since Pete called TO before they snapped it) and a last minute spazz-out by our D in Detroit.

We're conceding 18.1 PPG on the road (less than all but SF, Chicago and Houston, all three of which have had the luxury of playing @ the Jets, and two of whom have also had the luxury of going to Jacksonville - oh, and all three are conceding more points at home than on the road too).

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
this is what i'm trying to say, i'm just too lazy to go look up all these points. so thank you themunn... i'll never claim to be a stat guy, just go by what i see on the field on sunday.

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":2grrnhf4 said:
this is what i'm trying to say, i'm just too lazy to go look up all these points. so thank you themunn... i'll never claim to be a stat guy, just go by what i see on the field on sunday.

And YOUR GUT! Don't discount your magnificent clairvoyant GUT! I bet it's glorious. I want to rub it then make wishes...

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
themunn":1kwex5bf said:
we have a -17 point differential on the road, that is hardly a "BAD" road team (albeit not a very good one either), we've been seriously unlucky - with the opportunity to win against the Cardinals, an amazing performance from Legatron and a fake FG (which shouldn't have been snapped since Pete called TO before they snapped it) and a last minute spazz-out by our D in Detroit.

We're conceding 18.1 PPG on the road (less than all but SF, Chicago and Houston, all three of which have had the luxury of playing @ the Jets, and two of whom have also had the luxury of going to Jacksonville - oh, and all three are conceding more points at home than on the road too).

You left out the most important "statistic".... Wins and Losses. Nothing else matters.

We are competitive, no doubt. Time to take the next step and win games.

Largent80

Reaction score
This is life as a hawk fan. We always feel we should win games like this and seldom do. I'm with aros and the doc. Until they prove otherwise. I am not predicting a Seahawks victory. Prove us wrong players, get some friggin road pride

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Until we win games on the road they really have no reason to fear us.

i'll be at the game on Sunday expecting the best preparing for the worst.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2t7ubeih said:

see it's post like this that i just can't get behind... they have no reason to fear us? a team that just lost to the bills, a team where there own fanbase wont go to the games because they're so bad? people wanna say my reasoning is irrational, because i think we'll win because we're the better team., but this kind of thinking is not... ? sorry can't agree with fans like this...

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm going to say it like this and you can try and clown me all you want Canhawk.. i know this team, i've followed this team since the beginning, i know what our history is, i know what our recent history is... i am not predicting a win sunday, i never said that... i did say if seahawks play to their potential, they are the better team hands down and should win.

i'm not stupid, or a desperately devoted fan who can't see or distinguish reality... i understand this is the NFL, i understand andy team can beat any team on any given sunday, i get it... this whole post was about dumbass dolphin fans looking at the 1st half of our season , and by those stats alone are predicting a easy win, cuz we all know hawks can't win on the road... to me that's an insult, and just simply not true... for fellow hawk fans who want to believe this as well, feel free, i'm not one of you... i know we have the superior team, road or not, i know if they play to their potential they will win... whether they show up and do that or not remains to be seen but i'll leave you with this..

if they show up and screw the pooch, you can forget about playoff runs and superbowls this year, because they simply are not there yet... do i think they're good enough to win a superbowl this year? NO... do i think they're good enough to win on the road...Yes..

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawker84":1whag6jg said:
NFSeahawks628":1whag6jg said:

see it's post like this that i just can't get behind... they have no reason to fear us? a team that just lost to the bills, a team where there own fanbase wont go to the games because they're so bad? people wanna say my reasoning is irrational, because i think we'll win because we're the better team., but this kind of thinking is not... ? sorry can't agree with fans like this...
Who says you have to agree? You seem to think we can't air our opinions on the matter though. I am with Largent80. Until they prove they are winners on the road, a loss to this team would not surprise. Sorry, wins are wins and losses are losses. We lose much more on the road than we win no matter how good or BAD the opponent is(Rams game anyone?). Those are the facts. So, I am hoping they surprise me. Nobody here "wants" a loss.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Wow! Can we get someone (kearly maybe?) to dissect and respond to this random madness?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawker84":31073h2o said:
a team that just lost to the bills

I don't find it particularly shocking that a mediocre team lost on the road to a mediocre team in their division, nor do I find that it has a lot of bearing on this Sunday's game.

I'm with CANHawk, we will go with your magic gut on this one.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawker84":2ma1waq8 said:
:mrgreen: there you go.. all kidding aside, just tired of hearing all the we can't win on the road in the morning stuff, from the media, hawk fans, and now dolphin fans, who can't even win at home... so please for the love of god Seahawks, start winning on the road, so the rest of my faithful seahawk bretheren and the rest of the sports world can see the light and i don't have to hear this crap any more... i'm done.
... and that's what most all of us are waiting for. This team (especially the offense) needs to execute better on the road. 'bout the only guy that consistently shows up ready to play away from home is Russell Wilson. The rest do their best to sabotage all of his hard work/preparation.. They showed progress against Detroit, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
All players and coaches know the truth. It doesn't matter who you are playing against in this league cause it can hit you on any given Sunday. The NFL has some parity and therefore even the easy seeming match ups can sneak up and get you with a few lucky breaks and explosive plays.

I for one am in the "show me" department at this point. I don't want to be here, and I certainly hope the Seahawks can change my feelings in that regard. I feel the same about this game as I did the Rams, Cards, and Detroit games to be honest. I seriously think we are much better than we seem to play on the road and we should dismantle the Fins on paper.

We passed the eye test last game I think, even though it was against the Jets who have had their struggles this year. The Jets are confused and seeking an identity. They did win this weekend against the Rams who took care of us at their house earlier this year. You never can tell in the NFL.

I will be screaming at my television like a madman on Sunday and enjoy the ride.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawker84":ma4t9hpb said:
i'm going to say it like this and you can try and clown me all you want Canhawk.. i know this team, i've followed this team since the beginning, i know what our history is, i know what our recent history is... i am not predicting a win sunday, i never said that... i did say if seahawks play to their potential, they are the better team hands down and should win.

i'm not stupid, or a desperately devoted fan who can't see or distinguish reality... i understand this is the NFL, i understand andy team can beat any team on any given sunday, i get it... this whole post was about dumbass dolphin fans looking at the 1st half of our season , and by those stats alone are predicting a easy win, cuz we all know hawks can't win on the road... to me that's an insult, and just simply not true... for fellow hawk fans who want to believe this as well, feel free, i'm not one of you... i know we have the superior team, road or not, i know if they play to their potential they will win... whether they show up and do that or not remains to be seen but i'll leave you with this..

if they show up and screw the pooch, you can forget about playoff runs and superbowls this year, because they simply are not there yet... do i think they're good enough to win a superbowl this year? NO... do i think they're good enough to win on the road...Yes..
Who you fighting with, O mighty Kreskin? Nobody here has said that the Seahawks are not the better team. Nobody. So clearly we all know that if they play to their potential they will win.

Do they always play to their potential on the road? Nope.

I expect a Hawks win. I just don't think it will be easy, and a post based on the fact that some Dolphins fans think they just might win is hardly worth getting butt hurt about.

BTW: CanHawk, with this particular genie I heard it isn't his belly you rub to get your three wishes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Do we have better talent? I think so, do we show up with that talent on the road especially the far East? Rarely is the problem. We have shown more competiveness, we have not quit, we just need to close it out. History if ignored will repeat itsel, I think Pete looks at history and has tried to do some things to change the trend, still a work in progress though. We should win on paper, problem is paper gets flushed a lot.

Rose colored glasses are fine as long as your not emotionally tied into it like many are and want to have some protection for that heart of hearts that gets broke with being to high.

As far as Dolphin fans believeing they can win, it doesn't bother me at all, we as Seahawks fans look for a silver lining where we can and the fringes for any chance of improvement.

They have a flashy new RB, and Brand new Rookie QB and I don't care what we think of him they probably have as many QB threads as us this year.

So I watch the game and hope for the win and watch our guys grow, it's baby steps on some things, were improving.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
got it , i'm butthurt and i don't know my punctuation because i don't start my sentences with capitols... still nobody's told me why we shouldn't win in convincing fashion, other than it's on the road and in the morning... tell ya what , convince me that this team can't go up there, or shouldn't go up there and win convincingly.. instead of attacking my opinion... tell me why, for me to say i have a feeling they're going to go up there and take care of business, is any different than saying, we should take care of the rams and cards at home, there's stats to back up those claims, but as it's been well stated, anything can happen on any given sunday... so why am i so irrational to think they can beat a bad dolphin team on the road.. sorry for the spelling errors and lack of capitol letters...

i feel very confident going into miami, give me some good reasons why i shouldn't be.. last time i checked i'm allowed to have an opinion and express it..

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
You mean "capital letters". Unless you're referring to D.C., which would be Capitol letters.

Aside from that, I love your energy and enthusiasm. I will sponsor you at our next meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts