whats flynns eventual value?

mikeak

Reaction score
You don't cut the backup qb to save $1-2 million. Flynn has a preseason under his belt he is in the meetings, knows the system and the coaches knows why they have.

If they trade Flynn then it is because they feel they gain something by doing so

If they cut Flynn it is because they don't think he can come in and win games and they think alternates are better

It will not be to save $1-2 million. If the saving was $10 million then I would listen to this argument but you need a backup that can win.

Can you imagine getting rid if Flynn have RW injured the first game next season and then go 3-13 meanwhile see Flynn take some team to a winning record? Someone would get fired if this happened.

Funny paying Flynn that money and make him a starter was not an issue. Now as a backup suddenly he is overpaid due to lack of experience. He was simply beat by what we all hope is the franchise qb for a long time to come....

mikeak

Reaction score
SeahawkGeoff":1bxdas21 said:
Matt Flynn 3/18/2012: Signed a three-year, $19.5 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Flynn's 2012 base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $5 million is available through escalators. An additional $2 million worth of incentives is available, but is "unlikely to be earned." 2012: $2 million, 2013: $5.25 million, 2014: $6.25 million, 2015: Free Agent

Matt Moore 2.75 million

Jason Campbell Signed a one-year, $3.5 million contract. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. Another $1 million is available through incentives based on playing time. 2012: $1.4 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2013: Free Agent

Tjack 2012: $1.75 million, 2013: Free Agent

If I figured it right Seattle is paying him 6 million next year because of the guaranteed money, I might be wrong. Somebody correct me if I am. Campbell got payed 5.5 Million with signing bonus and there's incentives. I doubt he'll take much less then that next year. Tjack would be logical from a financial and playbook stand point, but why sign Flynn over Tjack in the first place. I think Carroll got what he needed out of Tjack and would only prosue this line is we could get draft pick(s) for Flynn. Matt Moore isn't a bad choice, he'll probably cost about the same as this year (2.75) with a signing bonus plus incentives. The biggest thing I would mention is Flynn as are Back up will have had one year under are offense in the books and be part of the team. I get what your saying but it's not going to change much if at all the budget or cap (Moore or Campbell), maybe a little (Tjack).

So still think we should cut Flynn and sign Campbell and save a million or two.... Watching tonight's game and I am not really impressed and this is after practicing with the starters all week....

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Flynn is a quality QB, he can play and has done so. The Hawks need to have him there if he doesn't ever take a snap.

If he doesn't, that means Wilson stayed healthy and continued to play well.

I just wish the Hawks were allowed to play the Bears at home against Jason Campbell.

Instead, for the 3rd year in a row they are in Chicago.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2eanzqx3 said:
Flynn is a quality QB, he can play and has done so. The Hawks need to have him there if he doesn't ever take a snap.

If he doesn't, that means Wilson stayed healthy and continued to play well.

I just wish the Hawks were allowed to play the Bears at home against Jason Campbell.

Instead, for the 3rd year in a row they are in Chicago.
This.

mikeak

Reaction score
I wish the Seahawks could play Chicago with Jason Campbell anywhere home / away / London wherever...

Cutler knows his "offensive line" and can still play the game. Campbell not so much which is why u thought it was funny that someone thought he is / was a better solution than Flynn...

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
mikeak":2ag68ki7 said:
SeahawkGeoff":2ag68ki7 said:
Matt Flynn 3/18/2012: Signed a three-year, $19.5 million contract. The deal contains $10 million guaranteed -- a $6 million signing bonus, Flynn's 2012 base salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Another $5 million is available through escalators. An additional $2 million worth of incentives is available, but is "unlikely to be earned." 2012: $2 million, 2013: $5.25 million, 2014: $6.25 million, 2015: Free Agent

Matt Moore 2.75 million

Jason Campbell Signed a one-year, $3.5 million contract. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. Another $1 million is available through incentives based on playing time. 2012: $1.4 million (+ $100,000 workout bonus), 2013: Free Agent

Tjack 2012: $1.75 million, 2013: Free Agent

If I figured it right Seattle is paying him 6 million next year because of the guaranteed money, I might be wrong. Somebody correct me if I am. Campbell got payed 5.5 Million with signing bonus and there's incentives. I doubt he'll take much less then that next year. Tjack would be logical from a financial and playbook stand point, but why sign Flynn over Tjack in the first place. I think Carroll got what he needed out of Tjack and would only prosue this line is we could get draft pick(s) for Flynn. Matt Moore isn't a bad choice, he'll probably cost about the same as this year (2.75) with a signing bonus plus incentives. The biggest thing I would mention is Flynn as are Back up will have had one year under are offense in the books and be part of the team. I get what your saying but it's not going to change much if at all the budget or cap (Moore or Campbell), maybe a little (Tjack).

So still think we should cut Flynn and sign Campbell and save a million or two.... Watching tonight's game and I am not really impressed and this is after practicing with the starters all week....

I'm not sure if the question was posted towards me as you used my quote or just as a reference about contracts , but just for record, I never thought we should cut him.

Atradees

Reaction score
Flynn can win us games if Wilson gets hurt. Priceless. Worth more than picks if you ask me because most NCAA qbs are a gamble in any round.

Throwdown

Reaction score
skater18000":hbf4m5yx said:
List the great Russell Wilson backups out there or in the ncaa right now

Tim Tebow

Tavaris Jackson

Terrell Pryor

Etc.

Hell no

Been there, not opposed but it wont happen

no

Flynn is fine here, just don't know how the FO will view it in a few months when they try to re-sign or extend key players.

mikeak

Reaction score
SeahawkGeoff":1h4e3zls said:
I'm not sure if the question was posted towards me as you used my quote or just as a reference about contracts , but just for record, I never thought we should cut him.

My bad - remembered the thread and pulled the wrong quote from the phone

olyfan63

Reaction score
skater18000":5u9w6jjx said:
List the great Russell Wilson backups out there or in the ncaa right now

Tim Tebow

Tavaris Jackson

Terrell Pryor

Etc.

Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins. Unfortunately, Cousins did well in some action relieving RGIII so now has a little more value.
I recall reading reports out of Washington training camp that Cousins did very, very well and would have challenged for the starting job with almost anyone else but RGIII.
Russell and Kirk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf9QLmgZ8nU
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/10/7/3 ... vs-falcons

Similarly, Nick Foles
http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/ ... -good-one/