Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Pass rushing productivity and tackling efficiency PFF
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:33 am 
NET Veteran

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... ductivity/

Bruce Irvin and Jason Jones are on the list. Red Bryant is near the bottom in the other. No Chris Clemons :(

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... fficiency/

Bobby Wagner and KJ are some of the best tacklers. No Seahawks in the bottom 20 list.

Post subject: Re: Pass rushing productivity and tackling efficiency PFF
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

I know a lot of people will get their knickers in a bunch about this statement - but Clemons is not having a great season.

Outside of the amazing first half against Green Bay, he has not been much of a factor. In his defense, he does get held a lot which rarely gets called.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 am 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:
I know a lot of people will get their knickers in a bunch about this statement - but Clemons is not having a great season.

Outside of the amazing first half against Green Bay, he has not been much of a factor. In his defense, he does get held a lot which rarely gets called.

Maybe he'll turn it around. And at least Irvin and Jones are picking up the slack. But, they can only do that on passing downs...

And early on in the season Clemons was like top 3 in this list. His play has just tapered off recently.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 am 
NET Veteran

It's interesting that Mychal Kendricks is third-worst out of all LBs on that list, since the post-draft debate was him vs. Wagner.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:00 am 
NET Veteran

i respectfully disagree, i think he's doing just fine... he's not getting the sack numbers , but he is getting back there and disrupting plays... and the fact that he's nowhere on this list is a little suspect to me, not even on the bottom? he has just as many sacks as irvin, and i'm pretty sure he has more pressures than bryant... so i'm not reading much into this list.. i'll go by what i've been seeing on the field, that's clemons getting in the back field often, dispite the numerous holds and double teams.....

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 am 
NET Veteran

hawker84 wrote:
i respectfully disagree, i think he's doing just fine... he's not getting the sack numbers , but he is getting back there and disrupting plays... and the fact that he's nowhere on this list is a little suspect to me, not even on the bottom? he has just as many sacks as irvin, and i'm pretty sure he has more pressures than bryant... so i'm not reading much into this list.. i'll go by what i've been seeing on the field, that's clemons getting in the back field often, dispite the numerous holds and double teams.....

Bryant is in the bottom 20. Irvin is in the top 20.

Clemons hasn't been looking so good the last few games though. I hope he picks it up. And this stat is not just sacks, it is also pressures and hurries which are factored in, and Clemons hasn't been keeping up.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

When I've watched him, Clemons has really impressed me with his run stopping ability. Good run defense plus 11 sacks (pace) is nothing I'd downplay.

Still, I've love to see Seattle invest in more pass rush sooner than later. If Clemons tanks next year without insurance (Irvin isn't that guy), it could derail a Superbowl season.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Vontaze Burfict top 10 in tackling efficiency.
He was a guy I thought PC/JS would have (and should have) brought in to compete in training camp, apparently the Bengals were the only team that bothered to contact him.
He's having a pretty good season considering how the draft went for him

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:20 pm 
USMC 1970-77

Jones has missed a couple of games, right? I think that may have hurt Clem (and Irvin FTM).

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
NET Veteran

FlyingGreg wrote:

Yah, the Opposing Offenses have seen enough game film to game plan against him, and those poorly disguised holds are not being called, and that's BS.
Pete needs to make a tweak in the scheme to counter the holding, because there are other defenses that are adjusting to fix the problem, it's blatantly obvious that the Ref's are inept at doing their job correctly.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am 
NET Veteran

themunn wrote:
Vontaze Burfict top 10 in tackling efficiency.
He was a guy I thought PC/JS would have (and should have) brought in to compete in training camp, apparently the Bengals were the only team that bothered to contact him.
He's having a pretty good season considering how the draft went for him

The dude had huge red flags, and I'm not talking the Bruce Irvin, I got in trouble when I was a kid variety. I mean the never saw the inside of weight room, consistently missed film study and practice type. I'm VERY surprised he has worked out as well as he has.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]