Winston Guy suspended

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maybe he didn't pay attention to Pete's instructions for time off, per Bruce Irvin: "Protect the team and stay out of trouble."

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":32fhftxm said:
John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle
According to the NFL transactions list, #Seahawks rookie S Winston Guy has been suspended four games. No reason listed.

Slow news day but yeah...

Hate to speculate.....ahhh why not......4 game suspension to me, without anything to proceed it, such as an arrest (that I know of) or something serious on the field, reeks of PED's

Basis4day

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3w1ghgq4 said:
Four game suspensions are almost always performance enhancement drug related.

It's a very fair prediction bases on other historical suspensions for exactly 4 games.

Another victim of the Adderal ban?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":ycjss1f6 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":ycjss1f6 said:
Four game suspensions are almost always performance enhancement drug related.

It's a very fair prediction bases on other historical suspensions for exactly 4 games.

Another victim of the Adderal ban?

That's really the big question.....was it the simple mistake of having an allergy or a cold and not checking the list before taking something or was this a more serious type of violation?

I'm hoping it was just a stupid mistake and he learns to check the list from now on.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
That means we have an open roster spot to add a new player as suspended players don't count against the 53. This doesn't hurt us - Guy has been inactive nearly every week anyway.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Just spoke with Winston Guy's agent, said it is a PED violation. Said Guy took something over the counter with an ingredient on banned list.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2wxgpaz0 said:
His agent said it was an over the counter drug that wasn't on the ban list

That was NOT on the banned list? Does that mean that the brand name wasn't on the list, but an ingredient in the drug is on the list? Or did you mean to say that it was an over the counter drug that WAS on the list?

It wouldn't make sense to ban someone for a drug that isn't on the list....I'm sure there would be an appeal by the players association if that were the case.

EDIT: Just saw the below post....this makes more sense now

Basis4day":2wxgpaz0 said:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Just spoke with Winston Guy's agent, said it is a PED violation. Said Guy took something over the counter with an ingredient on banned list.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I respect the fact that he won't appeal or make excuses. He made a mistake - probably an honest one and will take the punishment.

There are so many OTC medications/supplements with things like Ephedra (not saying that this was the drug in question - just an example) in it and you wouldn't know.

kidhawk

Reaction score
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/20/guy ... our-games/

Official announcement from the Seahawks...

Rookie safety Winston Guy has been suspended for four games by the league, it was announced today.

The suspension was for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, the league said in the release announcing the penalty. Guy will be eligible to rejoin the team on Dec. 17.

Guy, a sixth-round draft choice, was inactive for eight of the Seahawks’ 10 games. The team has four other safeties and 10 defensive backs total on the active roster.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yet another example of Petes and Johns dumb choices.

Have they no class or dignity? They're role models. I always tell my daughter; "see those men, ramming their heads into each other? That causes permenant brain damage. And, baby, I want you to have athletes who inflict violence and self-harm, to be who and what you aspire to become."

Then I put my arm around her, she looks into my eyes, says "I will dad, because I love you".

endzorn

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Rookies who make little impact are busts.