diehard dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sorry I was away. Had to give grandma her pills. Trust me... You do NOT want to be around grandma when she's off her meds....

Anyway dawg, WHY do you keep saying I'm attacking you? I'm totally on your side bro. It takes balls to guarantee wins in this day and age of parody, especially when the game were talking about guaranteeing is after the bye, on the east coast, at 10am AND as far away as humanly possible; all things that historically bite the hawks in the ass. But you don't care about any of that and I DIG THAT. MAN! I love your balls!

Hey, what's your favorite kind of pie? We should TOTALLY get together one day and get some pie.

Decimation

Reaction score
CANHawk":a45cd37z said:
Sorry I was away. Had to give grandma her pills. Trust me... You do NOT want to be around grandma when she's off her meds....

Anyway dawg, WHY do you keep saying I'm attacking you? I'm totally on your side bro. It takes balls to guarantee wins in this day and age of parody, especially when the game were talking about guaranteeing is after the bye, on the east coast, at 10am AND as far away as humanly possible; all things that historically bite the hawks in the ass. But you don't care about any of that and I DIG THAT. MAN! I love your balls!

Hey, what's your favorite kind of pie? We should TOTALLY get together one day and get some pie.
I like pie...

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
damn to think i waited a half hour for a pie reply, got to tell you i'm a little disappointed..word of advice, be careful, you know what they say when you keep repeating the same thing, expecting a different result.... think you might need to have your smackmeister status revoked till you learn how to poroperly harness that power.... anyhoo your last reply has made me sleepy... till we meet again, and i'm sure we will... give granny a hug for me... piece..

chris98251

Reaction score
I want this to be a reality show Can and the Hawker, two neighbors that eat Pie and Chase grandma while talking about man love and the Seahawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
AgentDib":2lemgo3h said:
Those delusional dolphins fans think they have a chance against us because we are 1-4 on the road and Vegas only has us as slim favorites. What homers!

Vegas are biased. They are completely influenced by money......

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Humanitarian Helpful Hint of the Day: Dude, you really need to relax. People are foolin' with you because you are making it too easy. Learn to take it in stride and your experience here will be much more pleasant.

As for statements of substance, how can you expect anyone to follow up your omnipotent intestinal tract? To think that all this time, I've been wasting my hard earned dollars on magic 8-balls when I should have been eating more garlic.

More On-Topic: Has anyone mentioned the "bye" factor yet? Seems we don't have much luck coming off bye weeks.

Bipolar

Reaction score
there are no truly shitty teams in the NFL.

Re: Jaguars @ Texans.

it is all about game planning and extreme motivation. I would caution everyone against thinking that Dolphins are a bunch of pushovers.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would like to have a beer with Obama.

I would also like a series of Hawk road wins.

See what I did there?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":zgpqcq4b said:
More On-Topic: Has anyone mentioned the "bye" factor yet? Seems we don't have much luck coming off bye weeks.

Branching off of this, I'm curious about how many "trends" or "tendencies" we plan to carry over from previous regimes.

Now, don't get me wrong. The road difficulties seem to have been an issue no matter who our HC or GM has been, though I'd argue that most of the time, we've experienced those road woes just because we weren't a very good team.

But the performance after a bye thing... yeah, we were 0-1 after a bye under Mora and 2-8 after a bye under Holmgren. But we're 1-1 after a bye with Carroll thus far. 2010 was a strange year, but we went on the road and beat the Bears after a bye that season. And in 2011, we could have won our game after the bye if we'd had either our starting RB or starting QB, most likely.

Here's another point: This year marks the 8th straight season in which our first game after the bye is on the road. Think that might have something to do with the poor record after a bye?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
PlinytheCenter":1rjmd2ne said:
e.e. cummings lives!

FTW!

Also, one thing to consider here in the mix: Everyone is playing the ol' Seahawks suck on the road card against the Dolphins were totally inept against a bad Bills team card. Tell me, folks, is a couple of weeks good for calling it a "trend?" Would we have said the same things after 10/28's games, when they had just ROFLSTOMPED the NY Jets into submission in New York, and we'd just lost our second game in a row to the Lions? Are the last two or three weeks indicators of a change, or are they fluctuations in the normal up and down of a season?

We righted our issues after our two-game slide with wins over the Vikings and Jets, but both at home. The Dolphins are on a three-game slide, with two of three losses on the road. Will they right their issues against a traditionally weak-on-the-road Seattle team, or will pure team talent indicate the winner?

zayden185

Reaction score
mikeak":db5nt4lq said:
This was a very competitive Dolphins team prior to two really bad games. One of those games was a Thursday night game on the road which I completely ignore when evaluating a team as it is not truly reflective of them as a team.

Now you give them a bye week to figure things out again - I think they are coming out on the field ready to get back to playing the kind of football they did for a few games.

I expect us to win and we should but it is ironic that you get annoyed with their fans for expecting to beat the Seahawks based on stats and you expect to crush the dolphins based on a feeling / how you view the teams currently

I think they were doing it with some smoke and mirrors...beat Cincy...bad

Rams...nearly lost at home..watched every snap had 200 on Miami money line

They have zero threat past 5-7 yards down field

Third and long and they are in trouble as we can rush 4-5

They made the bills D look great!

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":2ujqstv4 said:
Humanitarian Helpful Hint of the Day: Dude, you really need to relax. People are foolin' with you because you are making it too easy. Learn to take it in stride and your experience here will be much more pleasant.

As for statements of substance, how can you expect anyone to follow up your omnipotent intestinal tract? To think that all this time, I've been wasting my hard earned dollars on magic 8-balls when I should have been eating more garlic.

I might have mentioned something about it... but I'm just Chandler and offer no substance.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I surely hope we never see another game like last season's post-bye week disasterpiece (the 6-3 loss in Cleveland).

Of course, that *should* have been a W since the block in the back call that negated Leon's punt return TD was one of the worst calls in Seahawks history -- and THAT's saying something (yes, I'm talking to you Testaverde and Roethlisberger, the only two QB's to ever get credit for TD's after breaking the plane of the one-yard line).

I'd much rather see a result like Pete's first post-bye week game - the win in Chicago in 2010.

Basis4day

Reaction score
This thread has bad karma written all over it.

Any Given Sunday. The only guarantee is there are no guarantees.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":1diev58z said:

i would respond to this, but honestly i have no idea what you're talking about. i don't think you do either...

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
in response to seahawk sailor, i would agree 100% with your thinking... for those of you who doesn't realize i was being sarcastic about the gut feeling thing, let me put your minds at ease.. it was a joke!!!!

having said that, i understand our history , we've not performed well on the road, however i would argue, and i think most of you would agree, there is something different about this team, now that alone doesn't guarentee anything, when i say i think the seahawks should have no problem agains a bad dolphins team, it's not because of mysterious visions or voices in my head, it's simply due to the seahawks are the better team, in every catagory...

and i'll finish with this... if this is the type of team i think they are, they will get past these road woes , and start picking up some of these much needed wins, and make some noise in the post season... if they go to miami and lose, well then it's obvious they're not the team we think they are , YET.... from everything i've seen this year on the field, i see no reason why they can't go in there and take care of business...

Twisted

Reaction score
ensett":3c6ggpy3 said:
I think the Dolphins are really underrated, they arent as bad as anybody here wishes they were. But even with that, theres no reason we shouldnt win

not sure the Bills are that bad as well? sheesh, no walk in the park by any stretch..

Status
Not open for further replies.