Hasselbeck threw for 20+ TD's 4 times in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is very close to having thrown for over 20TD's in his very first season. :th2thumbs:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread comparing RW to hasslebeck. Here are a few interesting observations:

Hass only has 2 seasons (14 seasons) with a 90+ QB rating- 2005= 98.2, 2007= 91.4
RW is sitting at 93.9 QB rating.

Hass has 5 (of 14 seasons) seasons with YPA over 7.0 -2002= 7.3, 2003= 7.5, 2004=7.1, 2005=7.7, 2007=7.1
RW is at 7.3 YPA

Hass has 4 seasons with 20+ TD passes- 2003= 26, 2004= 22, 2005=24, 2007= 28.
RW has 17 TD passes.

Russell Wilson so far is on track to hit or exceed each of these marks, which is incredibly impressive, when you compare him to arguably the best QB in franchise history.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
In a season where the first half was devoted to the run, to limit the amount of passing he'd have to do while learning the ropes as a rookie, Wilson has some pretty impressive numbers.

We've been talking all season about how Wilson wasn't passing enough, but compare the first part of the season with now. Before, we were complaining that he wasn't cutting it as quarterback because he couldn't pass for even 200 yards a game. Now we're saying we want to see more passing because not only is that becoming the dominant part of our offensive game, it's because he's showing he's just that good.

Oh, and he has five games left to throw nine touchdowns for the rookie record. And five left to throw three more to get to that 20 TD plateau.

Jac

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1dqvdhvc said:
Oh, and he has five games left to throw nine touchdowns for the rookie record. And five left to throw three more to get to that 20 TD plateau.

I was down on Griffin a couple weeks ago for regressing off his fast start...but it could be tough for Wilson to hold off Griffin (who shot from 8 TDs to 16 in the past two weeks). It could be a case where both these guys tie/break the record.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Jac":24rlbu32 said:
Seahawk Sailor":24rlbu32 said:

I was down on Griffin a couple weeks ago for regressing off his fast start...but it could be tough for Wilson to hold off Griffin (who shot from 8 TDs to 16 in the past two weeks). It could be a case where both these guys tie/break the record.

If only he could play the Cowboys and Eagles every week!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander scoring from inside the 5 many many times probably did a lot to deflate Hass' TD numbers.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1v3e5ueo said:
LymonHawk":1v3e5ueo said:
Here's another stat: Hass went to the SB with this team. Russell?

It took Hass a few years. Give Russell some time, man!

The only two stats that matter are; W-L, and Super Bowls. The rest is just so much masturbation.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1xdtbje2 said:
HawkFan72":1xdtbje2 said:
LymonHawk":1xdtbje2 said:

It took Hass a few years. Give Russell some time, man!

The only two stats that matter are; W-L, and Super Bowls. The rest is just so much masturbation.

If you are going to take that stance -

Hass and Wilson have won the same number of Super Bowls. The rest is just masturbation. Who cares if Hass went to a Super Bowl on SA's back? Moreover, Wilson hasn't even finished a season and could lead this team to their first SB win this year. He hasn't even failed at it yet.

But to trun anti-troll down a little - Wilson has exceeded all expectations and has been great.

themunn

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jza4oo9 said:
Shaun Alexander scoring from inside the 5 many many times probably did a lot to deflate Hass' TD numbers.

And Alexander running for 1800 yards over the course of the season probably made it a little easier for Hass, just as Lynch is making it easier for Wilson.

Starrman44

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":28h22s5p said:
If you are going to take that stance -

Hass and Wilson have won the same number of Super Bowls. The rest is just masturbation. Who cares if Hass went to a Super Bowl on SA's back? Moreover, Wilson hasn't even finished a season and could lead this team to their first SB win this year. He hasn't even failed at it yet.

But to trun anti-troll down a little - Wilson has exceeded all expectations and has been great.

He had to take the two things that he thinks Hass has an edge in and then declare those to be the only things that matter and we shouldn't talk about anything else. Way to turn it right back at him.

Be it far from me as a fan to actually enjoy a superb storyline that is being created before my eyes on my favorite Sports team. I guess in Seattle we are so elitist that we can't stoop to being jazzed up for a great first Season by a kid that is in all probability (barring injury) going to be one of (if not the) greatest QB of all time.

Way to go Russell. What you are doing is phenomenal. I love it. I appreciate it. I recognize it. I am reveling in it. We all know there is enough negativity in following sports, so I am going to enjoy all the positives that I can.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3e0n45rj said:
Uh, How many times has Russell Wilson failed to get us to the Super Bowl? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I think your reply to this thread was a premature ejaculation.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vwa67h1 said:
LymonHawk":1vwa67h1 said:
Uh, How many times has Russell Wilson failed to get us to the Super Bowl? Yeah, that's what I thought.

I think your reply to this thread was a premature ejaculation.

Not bad. But, what I'm trying to say is: If you're going to compare Wilson to Hass stats, then use the ones that count. Not a bunch of froo-froo. All his wonderful stats didn't stop RW from throwing that pass to Lynch.

For the Record: I like Wilson. I root for whomever plays for us. But, what I do have a problem with is this god-like adoration some folks on this board obviously have. People already have him in the HOF, and compare him to Farve and Montana. Have you noticed when we win it is all because of RW, but if we lose, it is never his fault? The Teflon Man!!

MrCarey

Reaction score
Flynn would already have the NFL record since he throws for 6 TDs a game.

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with some of these seahawk fans... Today on KJR they had idiots calling up talking about how terrible our qb is and that we need flynn to start if we are going to make the playoffs... then on here saying hes overrated and seahawk fans shouldn't be excited for him. If you want to go apples for apples lymonhawk compare hasselbecks first season starting to russell wilsons first season starting....

LymonHawk

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":2fbrhrpw said:
What the hell is wrong with some of these seahawk fans... Today on KJR they had idiots calling up talking about how terrible our qb is and that we need flynn to start if we are going to make the playoffs... then on here saying hes overrated and seahawk fans shouldn't be excited for him. If you want to go apples for apples lymonhawk compare hasselbecks first season starting to russell wilsons first season starting....

I didn't call KJR; nor have I ever said Flynn should be starting. Nor have I ever said RW is terrible. I dare you to show me a post of mine where I said that! C'mon, show me. Prove it!

In Hass' first season, no one was calling him a HOFer. That's the major difference.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I already like him more than Hasselbeck. Why?

Because Wilson actually does have the "it" factor. You can see it in his eyes.

Hass? We always hoped he had the "it" factor but I don't think he ever did. He just couldn't make ice cream outta horse $hit.
Wilson can. I haven't seen eyes like Wilson's since Joe Montana. So calm, so collected, with a sea of anarchy going on all around him.

We have the real deal here folks. The Joe Cool comparison is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts