Giacomini's helmet

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Ok things are getting heavy around here with the PED stuff and the loss. But aside from the sprinkler business, another funny thing from yesterday's game was Breno's helmet. It was COMICALLY small. I saw it before the announcers did.

Any idea what's going on here? Does the dude just have massive head? It looked like he grabbed Tate's helmet by accident or something.

JKent82

Reaction score
That was pretty funny. It was covered like half his head. Looked hilarious.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":368a0pww said:
Ok things are getting heavy around here with the PED stuff and the loss. But aside from the sprinkler business, another funny thing from yesterday's game was Breno's helmet. It was COMICALLY small. I saw it before the announcers did.

Any idea what's going on here? Does the dude just have massive head? It looked like he grabbed Tate's helmet by accident or something.
Ya it's like he's stolen some pop warner helmet LOL :mrgreen:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He has a really long neck, which I noticed a few weeks ago. I think that's part of the issue. I also think he has a small facemask that makes his helmet look smaller. It might be to help his peripheral vision. I can't see him getting away with a helmet with reduced sized padding in it. I know of guys that did it in order to get a smaller helmet, but that was back in the days when helmets were lined with spongy foam and you could shave it down with a razor to make the helmet fit your head more perfectly so it wasn't popping off. You'd just go a size smaller and shave the lining down. I think he'd get busted for doing that, since it is impossible, unless he's got an air helmet and has totally removed the bladder and shaved the foam it is encased in (the air bladder that fits on your head and is pumped to a certain tightness can be taken out and replaced as they sometimes pop/lose air consistently). The air bladder part fits right on your head like a an old style leather and padding bicycle helmet does.

I think he just has a long Merton Hanks neck (some people have 2 or even 3 extra cervical vertebrae believe it or not), and then with a small facemask and the small shoulder pads he wears then his helmet looks kind of funky. I am 90% sure that's what it is. Long neck, small mask, small shoulder pads (for less to grab on to, which is great for a tackle).

razgriz737

Reaction score
It's so small I wonder if it even provides any protection to his head. Perhaps that's why he's had so many bonehead plays.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've noticed this pretty much every time I've seen him for awhile now. I'm guessing nobody brought it up before, because it was never mentioned on air?

Slick

Reaction score
I always thought the same about Brian Urlacher. Maybe it is the shape of a guy's head or they truly have a smaller helmet.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Slick":1ojt2tyh said:
I always thought the same about Brian Urlacher. Maybe it is the shape of a guy's head or they truly have a smaller helmet.

Urlacher's head does have a weird shape. He's got a tiny forehead and his top of his scalp is about even with his eyebrows. Haha.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
23238878.jpg

:lol:

mikeak

Reaction score
one thing mentioned AFTER the MLB steroid era was how suddenly for those years everyone needed bigger helmets...........

just saying

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Since Canhawk crowned me .NET helmet guru, my contribution to this thread is that he has a chinstrap in the cooler but more common high hookup configuration, instead of the uglier but more rare lowhookup configuration. the main difference is that the wearer of the high hookup can maintain his coolness when the helmet is unsnapped. It seems to be a Ridell REVO speed helmet from this angle, im not sure though.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
A Player that needs to be replaced in the upcomong draft:

ORT-Giacomini, Replace with any of these ORT's: Brennan Williams, Rick Wagner, Xavier Nixon, Manase Foketi or Oscar Johnson in rd 3, 4, 5 - with or without helmets.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1zvh6yl1 said:
Players that need to be replaced in the upcomong draft:
WR-Edwards, Replace with any of these WR's: Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams or Justin Hunter in round-1
OLB-Hill, Replace with any of these LB's: Anthony Barr, Arthur Brown, Khaseem Greene, Brandon Jenkins or Jamie Collins in rd 2 or 3.
OLT-Giacomini, Replace with any of these OLT's: Brennan Williams, Rick Wagner, Xavier Nixon, Manase Foketi or Oscar Johnson in rd 3, 4, 5
CB-Trufant, Replace with any of these CB's: Mark Anthony, Micah Hyde, Blidi Wreh-Wilson or Sanders Commings in rds 4, 5, 6,
TE-Moore, Replace with any of these TE's: Joseph Fauria, Dion Sims, Ryan Otten or Chris Gragg in rounds 4, 5, 6, 7.

If possible, also pick up any of these players:
DT-Akeem Spence
DE-Quanterus Smith, (*sleeper)
ILB-Kevin Riddick
RB-Kenjon Barner
WR-Markus Wheaton
QB-Aaron Murray(?)

So there we have a draft done early.
So that's where left field is...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":37mhm090 said:
It's so small I wonder if it even provides any protection to his head. Perhaps that's why he's had so many bonehead plays.
This.

He needs a different helmet as bad as the team needs a different RT