What Happened To Being The Best Fans In The League?

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":976mlfh1 said:
Seriously? I thought we prided ourselves on being the best fans in the league. The fans that stand by the team no matter what. The fan base that was comprised mainly of NON-bandwagon fans. The "us against the world" fans. Where'd that go? We were atrocious in 2009. Atrocious. Old, lazy, overpaid, entitled. And now we get turned around in 2 short years, have had some seriously good drafts, have a stud of a QBOTF, we are young, talented, and still sitting in the drivers seat of a playoff spot.

But some of you are calling for heads to roll? For Pete to be canned? Throwing players under the bus? Calling them fakes and pretenders? Get. Real. Apparently a large portion of this fan base are the fakes and pretenders and only root when winning.

Go ahead, call me out for a low post count or whatever (like its been done--still don't know what that has to do with anything. I'm less qualified to post because I just signed up? I don't know, I always thought that was the most pointless of insults on sports message boards--ok now off that rant). Did today suck? Of course. But I sure as $&@t won't give up on this team now or ever.

Thanks, I needed that. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I thought of posting something similar but I don't want to be the kind of guy that pushes an agenda of any kind. So I was hoping someone else would speak up and inject some sense into this board.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahawks are the loudest fans in the league, not the best. Thinking we are somehow better than 31 other fanbases is silliness. .NET, on the other hand, is clearly the best Seahawks fan site.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2iw6863g said:
Seahawks are the loudest fans in the league, not the best. Thinking we are somehow better than 31 other fanbases is silliness. .NET, on the other hand, is clearly the best Seahawks fan site.

We're better than 30 other fan bases. C'mon, the 49ers is a gimme.

sam1313

Reaction score
Good post.

I react differently on different losses. The Cards and Rams didn't bother me all that bad. Even the 49er game I could handle knowing how good of a team they are (although is still stung to see our rush D play so bad). The Lions and Phins game were different because it wasn't just bad luck or a rookie QB struggling - our prized Defense became mush at the most important time of those games. They both really left me feeling as though this team is not what I thought it was and that stinks.

Anyway, thanks for the optimism, it is appreciated.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Good post to the OP. I'm with you 100% on this one.

Hey, as long as we're not like THESE GUYS than I'm good...

[youtube]r4xGGgz5TcI[/youtube]

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Aros":1lxa8cmi said:
I've been doing this long enough to know that this is absolutely normal. We all have unique personalities. Some of us shrug our shoulders after a loss, some of us rant and rave, some of us say stupid things in the heat of the moment, some of us like to call others out for not being a "real fan". One thing that never changes, in all of my years of running - and now simply being a fellow member of - a popular fan forum community, is that we all deal with a loss in our own unique way.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever change that fact.

For the record, I applaude the OP's points, but nothing will ever change the fact that we all deal with a loss in our own way. It doesn't make any single one of us better or worse as a fan.

Yes.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
NYCoug":ej14hp15 said:
Good post to the OP. I'm with you 100% on this one.

Hey, as long as we're not like THESE GUYS than I'm good...

[youtube]r4xGGgz5TcI[/youtube]

Boy do those fans know how to motivate!! Seriously... why would their team want to put forth any effort for those assholes?

OP
OP
S

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
For the record, I am NOT against being critical or holding the team accountable. I was merely trying to point out that the overreactions were unnecessary as we are still in ok shape and the team is needing us to rally more now then ever this season. Anyways, I think this subject as been discussed enough! Onto the next game!

The Radish

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3mnt1dde said:
Seriously? I thought we prided ourselves on being the best fans in the league. The fans that stand by the team no matter what. The fan base that was comprised mainly of NON-bandwagon fans. The "us against the world" fans. Where'd that go? We were atrocious in 2009. Atrocious. Old, lazy, overpaid, entitled. And now we get turned around in 2 short years, have had some seriously good drafts, have a stud of a QBOTF, we are young, talented, and still sitting in the drivers seat of a playoff spot.

But some of you are calling for heads to roll? For Pete to be canned? Throwing players under the bus? Calling them fakes and pretenders? Get. Real. Apparently a large portion of this fan base are the fakes and pretenders and only root when winning.

Go ahead, call me out for a low post count or whatever (like its been done--still don't know what that has to do with anything. I'm less qualified to post because I just signed up? I don't know, I always thought that was the most pointless of insults on sports message boards--ok now off that rant). Did today suck? Of course. But I sure as $&@t won't give up on this team now or ever.

By whoms definition are we not the leagues best fans,,,,,,,yours?????

One of the no nos around here is suggesting someone is a better fan that someone else. Bullshit!

We are all fans in our own way and if you can't handle that perhaps you need to put hand on the door handle,,,,,from the outside.

:141847_bnono:

garydrake425

Reaction score
Is it sunday yet? Gheesh, if only some people had amnesia after these kinda losses. They have all been hard losses, mostly cuz they were close games but next year i expect to win those. Fans will be fans and express themselve in many diffrent ways thru anger and joy. Some are classy and some are'nt, weather its a win or a loss people with find something to bitch about. Thats just the way it is in the world not just here. I think i'd say us Seahawk fans have handled are ups and downs better than any other teams fans would. I think we all just have alot to say and some take it more personal then others but we all gotta remember we are here for the same reason and thats to see the Seahawks whoop ass every week am i wrong. Now i see a big improvement and see Pete has a vision and a goal on what he wants this team to do, now some players just aren't gonna work and i think he's starting to see that and so are some other teams. I think im blabbing and going on and off topic so im gonna end it with hang in there fellow 12's cuz the team is looking pretty freaking good at home and its a matter of time before it clicks on the road and im betting sooner then later.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":r6qjail7 said:

Great another fan elitist that thinks being a fan means you live in la la land. Just so you know being critical of your team when criticism is due does not mean you bailed on your team. It means you care enough to make it known your not happy. Jumping the bandwagon means you have deserted the team and have adopted a new team. We would not be here if we weren't Seahawk fans. By the way you do reflect your low post count. Just saying.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2vlepdpa said:
SeaToTheHawks":2vlepdpa said:

Great another fan elitist that thinks being a fan means you live in la la land. Just so you know being critical of your team when criticism is due does not mean you bailed on your team. It means you care enough to make it known your not happy. Jumping the bandwagon means you have deserted the team and have adopted a new team. We would not be here if we weren't Seahawk fans. By the way you do reflect your low post count. Just saying.

Oh, I think we know who the elitist is around here.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
While I appreciate the OP pointing out the lack of perspective around here, I wouldn't bring the word "fan" into it. That's a board no-no.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I am still down in Florida right now.

Had a season ticket holder say to me....
"I wish our fans were as hard core as you guys. You guys bring it every week."
Apparently Miami fans are just like Arizona fans. Nobody is from there and they disappear fast if they're losing.

Then I heard a fan in the parking lot shrug his shoulders to his buddy and say.....
"Damn, we always lose to the bad teams, then we beat the good ones?"

Just sayin'

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":lcvj0des said:
SeaToTheHawks":lcvj0des said:

Not defending any posts in particular, but being a fan of a team doesn't mean blind support for every move or every player every single day. You can question coaches decisions, players abilities, and many other things. You can love or hate any particular part of any particular game, and still LOVE YOUR TEAM. You can still root your ass off each game day, while still having negative thoughts about the season or the performance in any game or group of games. None of this means your not a fan, as long as you are there and rooting for them each and every game day, you are still a fan
:th2thumbs:

BINGO!
What he said^

Latest posts