Carroll thinks our CB depth will overcome

iigakusei

Reaction score
The thought of Trufant covering a #1 receiver gives me nightmares.

ensett

Reaction score
Hes the same guy that turned no-name Browner and Sherman, players that nobody else wanted, into stars overnight, who are we to disagree?

Basis4day

Reaction score
iigakusei":1yk37115 said:
The thought of Trufant covering a #1 receiver gives me nightmares.

Which is why they would probably use Thurmond for that situation.

But again, they are appealing and will play till it's resolved.

garydrake425

Reaction score
If Tru and Hill are still starters next year somebody is not playing attention to 2 weak links in the D. I'd be down seeing Lane, Maxwell and Thurmond get a shot. It'd be kinda exciting getting to see the young guys out there that we haven't gotten to see much of. Im kinda upset with Tru can't u tell.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
When is the last time Pete has ever said anything that wasn't sunshine and flowers (about a player)? He will very rarely admit when something is wrong with any of his players. Does he criticize himself, or the team at large? sure... sometimes... but he never talks down the individual players publicly. We will probably never know how he really feels about this situation.

mikeak

Reaction score
Who needs corners if you can sack Cutler on every play is probably what PC is thinking

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh, they're gonna be suspended. Now both of them say the testing was flawed. Buh-bye. At least we get 'em for the hardest game (Bears), then if we survive to run the rest of the schedule, we'll have 'em both for the playoffs.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
3 of our final 4 games are at home, so there is that to consider. A bit better pass rush just might help the coverage.

And Pete's CB schemes are really pretty simple. SO yeah, we might not fall off the cliff just because they are gone.

Besides, didn't we beat the Cowboys and take the Bears to the limit while starting a corner fresh off the street?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Pete already talking about moving ahead withoout Sherman and Browner is basically admitting that he thinks they will be suspended...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":29fabhg0 said:
Pete already talking about moving ahead withoout Sherman and Browner is basically admitting that he thinks they will be suspended...
Well, it was Pete's water bottle they drank out of.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3oponvu1 said:
Tech Worlds":3oponvu1 said:
Pom pom Pete would say nothing different.

What do you want him to say?

Pete: Ya guys, we are screwed.

Don't even address the chance they will be suspended until they actually are. Assure us he is confident it will be overturned and Sherman and Browner are innocent. That is what I wanted him to say.

pinksheets

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3ngwjoo2 said:
T-Sizzle":3ngwjoo2 said:
Tech Worlds":3ngwjoo2 said:
Pom pom Pete would say nothing different.

What do you want him to say?

Pete: Ya guys, we are screwed.

Don't even address the chance they will be suspended until they actually are. Assure us he is confident it will be overturned and Sherman and Browner are innocent. That is what I wanted him to say.
He can't say that. He's not allowed to comment on it beyond talking about his other corners and that "it's a league issue".

hawker84

Reaction score
they drag felony cases out for months, one would think a good lawyer could drag out these appeals till the off season.. but that again brings in the problem with starting out next season with them on the bench.. man these players are so stupid some times, why do they think they won't get caught eventually..especially in this day and age..

madbohem

Reaction score
The advantage of having this happen at the beginning of next season is having the off-season to make sure you have the personnel to go through 4 game suspensions.

Not to mention, the offense should be on another level, capable of attacking and scoring more points. Even so, I kind of hope it happens now so that the offense can rise to the occasion anyways.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
ensett":3a2jpb2i said:
Hes the same guy that turned no-name Browner and Sherman, players that nobody else wanted, into stars overnight, who are we to disagree?

We've had 5 fourth quarter meltdowns with those two in place; can't see it getting much better with them out.