Hasselbeck threw for 20+ TD's 4 times in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jac":ns2mmylq said:
Seahawk Sailor":ns2mmylq said:
Oh, and he has five games left to throw nine touchdowns for the rookie record. And five left to throw three more to get to that 20 TD plateau.

I was down on Griffin a couple weeks ago for regressing off his fast start...but it could be tough for Wilson to hold off Griffin (who shot from 8 TDs to 16 in the past two weeks). It could be a case where both these guys tie/break the record.

And doesn't Griffin have a grip of rushing touchdowns? He or Martin should be ROY. I think Luck is probably #4 at this point, behind Russell. Great year for rookie production.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":vkokfbhm said:
The rest is just so much masturbation.

"So Much Masturbation," is the name of my upcoming jazz-xylophone album.

<starwarsnerd> Are you a Jizz Wailer? </starwarsnerd>

-SH

Mods: I know this is the main forum; but that's actually what the Max Rebo band in Return of the Jedi played, haha...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1qcoj7co said:
For the Record: I like Wilson. I root for whomever plays for us. But, what I do have a problem with is this god-like adoration some folks on this board obviously have. People already have him in the HOF, and compare him to Farve and Montana. Have you noticed when we win it is all because of RW, but if we lose, it is never his fault? The Teflon Man!!

Honestly, who gives a flying f-word whether those fans get a little over excited? Or if they celebrate his great year by comparing him favourably (and not unfairly) to previous seasons by one of the best and most successful quarterbacks in Seahawks history? If you're going to get bent out of shape about that, why are you even a Seahawks fan?

Fancy that - a god-like admiration for the teams starting quarterback. Whatever next? A keen interest in the fortunes of the teams running back? An over-exuberant celebration during Golden Tate's latest touchdown? Shocking behaviour for a fan.

But at least you've taken the time to reassure us you 'like' Wilson and 'root for whomever plays' for the Seahawks. What a relief! There was me wondering if you were even willing to take such a giant leap of faith. Kudos for that.

Russell Wilson is having a terrific first season as the Seahawks starting quarterback and nobody should be trying to put a lid on that. It's OK to be excited about this team. And the OP using Hasselbeck's stats to emphasise just how well Wilson is doing this year is a fine way of doing just that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
On one hand, I like being analytical about my team. On the other hand, I've learned this year that sometimes we try too hard to be detached because it's the trend in some fan circles, and forget to pump our arms and yell. So I'm trying to be both.

It's not easy. ;)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2mr1mahg said:
LymonHawk":2mr1mahg said:
For the Record: I like Wilson. I root for whomever plays for us. But, what I do have a problem with is this god-like adoration some folks on this board obviously have. People already have him in the HOF, and compare him to Farve and Montana. Have you noticed when we win it is all because of RW, but if we lose, it is never his fault? The Teflon Man!!

Honestly, who gives a flying f-word whether those fans get a little over excited? Or if they celebrate his great year by comparing him favourably (and not unfairly) to previous seasons by one of the best and most successful quarterbacks in Seahawks history? If you're going to get bent out of shape about that, why are you even a Seahawks fan?

Fancy that - a god-like admiration for the teams starting quarterback. Whatever next? A keen interest in the fortunes of the teams running back? An over-exuberant celebration during Golden Tate's latest touchdown? Shocking behaviour for a fan.

But at least you've taken the time to reassure us you 'like' Wilson and 'root for whomever plays' for the Seahawks. What a relief! There was me wondering if you were even willing to take such a giant leap of faith. Kudos for that.

Russell Wilson is having a terrific first season as the Seahawks starting quarterback and nobody should be trying to put a lid on that. It's OK to be excited about this team. And the OP using Hasselbeck's stats to emphasise just how well Wilson is doing this year is a fine way of doing just that.

Let me guess: You have a little alter in your living room, with a picture of RW on it, and burning candles on both sides...incense too? Am I right?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2i6kvy4e said:
Let me guess: You have a little alter in your living room, with a picture of RW on it, and burning candles on both sides...incense too? Am I right?

No, I'm an atheist and dislike the scent of incense.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
LymonHawk":f06c7g53 said:

I have something similar to that. I also have a Marshawn Lynch Fathead on the ceiling above my bed. What of it?

Hawkdog

Reaction score
My first post here. I wear my Hasselbeck Jersy every gameday. What our team lacks is age old. Defenseive backs getting burned or commiting fouls, what is there "mission statement" anyway? And little protection from the O line! I see it every week. Wilson is good. Offensive line is bad. Also affecting the ability to run when Lynch get hit 3 yds deep almost every time.
Come on Seahawks, get fired up, ready to go!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I knew before I even clicked on this thread what would happen here.

Someone posts about how good Russell Wilson is doing by comparing his numbers to Hasslebeck's as a point of context

Somebody takes offense to the comparison that would imply that Wilson is better than Hasslebeck.

Somebody takes offense to that person taking offense.

The initial person who took offense has his fanhood questioned.

Thread devolves into standard back and forth of "He's a rookie and hasn't proven anything yet" to "He reminds me of Joe Montana".

Good work fellas, medals of valor awarded to both sides.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
seahawk2k":312f4ubu said:
I knew before I even clicked on this thread what would happen here.

Someone posts about how good Russell Wilson is doing by comparing his numbers to Hasslebeck's as a point of context

Somebody takes offense to the comparison that would imply that Wilson is better than Hasslebeck.

Somebody takes offense to that person taking offense.

The initial person who took offense has his fanhood questioned.

Thread devolves into standard back and forth of "He's a rookie and hasn't proven anything yet" to "He reminds me of Joe Montana".

Good work fellas, medals of valor awarded to both sides.

Albert? Is that you?

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":32lz8smg said:
the OP using Hasselbeck's stats to emphasise just how well Wilson is doing this year is a fine way of doing just that.
[x] Gets it
[ ] Does not get it

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LymonHawk":35088yfx said:

ZnqQ5

THANK. YOU. SO SO MUCH.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":9j3kx5lo said:
LymonHawk":9j3kx5lo said:

I have something similar to that. I also have a Marshawn Lynch Fathead on the ceiling above my bed. What of it?

The difference being you have a picture of pehawk on your alter....and please, let's not talk about the stains on the fathead. :141847_bnono:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1zhv2q1z said:
In Hass' first season, no one was calling him a HOFer. That's the major difference.

That probably has to do with the fact that in Hass' first season, his stats and performances were FAR worse than what we're seeing from Wilson right now.

Yeah, part of that has to do with Wilson having a better team around him, and I agree that people talking HoF for Wilson are out of bounds.

But it's not far fetched to suggest that based on performances thus far, Wilson stands a very good chance at being our best QB ever.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
LymonHawk":3b0y65la said:
Zebulon Dak":3b0y65la said:
LymonHawk":3b0y65la said:

The difference being you have a picture of pehawk on your alter....and please, let's not talk about the stains on the fathead. :141847_bnono:

No, it's a picture of RW. A big one. Because he's awesome and amazing and funny and handsome and smart and talented and handsome.

I can't understand why anybody cares how much people like him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":26624jhq said:
LymonHawk":26624jhq said:
Zebulon Dak":26624jhq said:

No, it's a picture of RW. A big one. Because he's awesome and amazing and funny and handsome and smart and talented and handsome.

That's because you aren't one of the cool kids. If you were one of the cool kids, you would know that a big part of coolness is not liking anything too much or too little, but just the right amount.
28433365.jpg

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3nxcuitc said:
LymonHawk":3nxcuitc said:

ZnqQ5

THANK. YOU. SO SO MUCH.

You mean the god-like adoration for a guy who is having one of the greatest rookie campaigns ever for a quarterback? One that compares favorably to every QB who has ever lived including Favre and Montana.

Yeah, I am not impressed either.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scottemojo":64t6bmij said:
Zebulon Dak":64t6bmij said:
LymonHawk":64t6bmij said:

That's because you aren't one of the cool kids. If you were one of the cool kids, you would know that a big part of coolness is not liking anything too much or too little, but just the right amount.
28433365.jpg

I love the Fonz! Not as much as I love RW but I love the Fonz! I loved Hass too! And TJ!! I support the players on our team! Even Leroy and Tru and Breno! Crazy, I know. Cray.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1kkg7sex said:
Here's another stat: Hass went to the SB with this team. Russell?

Hass had a totally different team with a far superior O-Line, but yeah.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":hymv7f6r said:

Yea, I kinda noticed that too :16:
Trouble is, the kid is so damned easy to root for, :th2thumbs: , been that way everywhere he goes....and now it's those darned Seahawks fans have just latched onto something really positive about the team, and just refuse to let go, hmmm , go figgure :snack:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts