Not open for further replies.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
SA had 5x of 10TD's+ of rushing. Which his highest was 27TD's in 2005
Lynch has only 1x of 10TD's or more. Which his highest was 12

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":30j3zr3w said:
Shaun Alexander scoring from inside the 5 many many times probably did a lot to deflate Hass' TD numbers.

Or deflated his int's. :lol:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2qorwdaj said:
LymonHawk":2qorwdaj said:
Here's another stat: Hass went to the SB with this team. Russell?

Hass had a totally different team with a far superior O-Line, but yeah.

This only applies if Hass took the Hawks to the SB in his first season as a starter...well, did he Lymon? :roll:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3c0oy97c said:
StaffAmerica74":3c0oy97c said:
What the hell is wrong with some of these seahawk fans... Today on KJR they had idiots calling up talking about how terrible our qb is and that we need flynn to start if we are going to make the playoffs... then on here saying hes overrated and seahawk fans shouldn't be excited for him. If you want to go apples for apples lymonhawk compare hasselbecks first season starting to russell wilsons first season starting....

I didn't call KJR; nor have I ever said Flynn should be starting. Nor have I ever said RW is terrible. I dare you to show me a post of mine where I said that! C'mon, show me. Prove it!

In Hass' first season, no one was calling him a HOFer. That's the major difference.

'In Hass' first season' he stunk up the place. Maybe that's why, eh?

Throwdown

Reaction score
It is true, Hasselbeck did play like dog crap his first season, and Russ is doing work on these fools in his first.

themunn

Reaction score
He's set 2 rookie records and is on pace to break 2 more (though RGIII might do better overall, since he has the luxury of two more games against the Eagles and Cowboys, whereas Russ has to play 3 of the top 6 passing defenses).

He's also on course to set the franchise record for passer rating.

Is it wrong to be optimistic of his future?

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Throwdown":1ptp8h3e said:
It is true, Hasselbeck did play like dog crap his first season, and Russ is doing work on these fools in his first.

Actually, that was his 4th season. Wilson still has 3 more years to learn and improve before all things are equal. Hasselbeck didn't throw for 20TDs till his 6th NFL season and didn't have over a 90 passer rating till his 8th NFL season.

THAT is how good Russell Wilson has been. He is going to rewrite every Seahawks passing record. Enjoy the ride.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
themunn":szc3zazm said:
He's set 2 rookie records and is on pace to break 2 more (though RGIII might do better overall, since he has the luxury of two more games against the Eagles and Cowboys, whereas Russ has to play 3 of the top 6 passing defenses).

Please let me know when breaks the rookie record for wins.

Thank you.

No, there is nothing wrong with being optimistic of his future. However, IMHO, it is wrong to call him a HOFer before the season began.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1q0c1w0m said:
themunn":1q0c1w0m said:

Thank you.

His next win will be the Seahawks rookie record for wins. Rick Mirer won 6 games as a rookie in 1993. I will be sure to let you know when he breaks that record.

themunn

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2lzatt4f said:
themunn":2lzatt4f said:

Thank you.

Because football's an individual game and the quarterback is solely reponsible for whether or not the team wins, right?
Do you know which rookie holds the record for wins in the postseason?
Mark Sanchez

That must mean that unless Wilson wins 3 post season games, Sanchez was a better rookie, right? I mean, Sanchez was not only good enough to lead his team to the playoffs, but he then won 2 games while he was there!

Peyton Manning only won 3 games in his rookie season so there's no way he could be as good as Ryan Leaf who won just as many, but in just 10 games!

Get a grip

LymonHawk

Reaction score
themunn":3mrynzq9 said:
LymonHawk":3mrynzq9 said:
themunn":3mrynzq9 said:

Thank you.

Because football's an individual game and the quarterback is solely reponsible for whether or not the team wins, right?
Do you know which rookie holds the record for wins in the postseason?
Mark Sanchez

That must mean that unless Wilson wins 3 post season games, Sanchez was a better rookie, right? I mean, Sanchez was not only good enough to lead his team to the playoffs, but he then won 2 games while he was there!

Peyton Manning only won 3 games in his rookie season so there's no way he could be as good as Ryan Leaf who won just as many, but in just 10 games!

Get a grip

I think you just proved the point that 'rookie records' don't mean squat. Thanks. :th2thumbs:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3um87ip8 said:
LymonHawk":3um87ip8 said:
themunn":3um87ip8 said:

Thank you.

His next win will be the Seahawks rookie record for wins. Rick Mirer won 6 games as a rookie in 1993. I will be sure to let you know when he breaks that record.

So Rick Mirer now holds the 'Hawks record for wins by a rookie...how'd that work out?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":f2nqwq8d said:
Scottemojo":f2nqwq8d said:
LymonHawk":f2nqwq8d said:

Thank you.

So Rick Mirer now holds the 'Hawks record for wins by a rookie...how'd that work out?
Granted, the bar was set rather low. But you asked the question, I answered it.
I think we both know how Rick Mirer turned out. So clearly, Wilson is going to flop next year. My apologies for ever thinking he might be better than Rick Mirer.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2274fjdr said:

Would you prefer Wilson to NOT break rookie records? Your logic and argument does not make sense to me.

The more records he can break the better. IMHO when its all said and done he will by far be viewed as the greatest Seahawks QB of all time. On the way to doing that why not celebrate his accomplishments? I sure will. :th2thumbs:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
LymonHawk":2gjpyruf said:
themunn":2gjpyruf said:

Thank you.

No, there is nothing wrong with being optimistic of his future. However, IMHO, it is wrong to call him a HOFer before the season began.

Roethlisburger had 15 wins as a rookie in 2004. I don't see that broken for a long, long time.

Of course, he might have had a couple of good players around him on that team. Tougher to do on a rebuilding team. But he's going to break the Seahawks record for rookie wins, and that's something. It's also something he's proving not to be a liability like most rookie quarterbacks, and is instead one of the strong points of the team.

Some other records he might have a shot at:

Best touchdown pass–interception differential, rookie season: 14 (20–6) Dan Marino, 1983 - he's at 17-8 currently.
Highest completion percentage, rookie, season: 66.44, Ben Roethlisberger, 2004 (196/295) - he's at 63.6% currently.
Highest passer rating, rookie, season: 98.1, Ben Roethlisberger, 2004 - he's at 93.9 currently.
Most Passing Touchdowns, Rookie, Season 26, Peyton Manning, 1998 - he's at 17 currently.

I don't think it's blind sycophancy to laud what he's doing here. He's breaking some pretty impressive rookie records, and looking very good doing it. Wouldn't we rather look back at this season fondly, remembering how much we enjoyed the ride, rather than remembering how we stood strong in our doubt and skepticism, holding out, making him really, really prove himself, before we let ourselves enjoy what he's done?

We're fans, not jury members, folks.

Tical21

Reaction score
I just don't get it. We're Matt Hasselbeck haters now? Already like Wilson more? Only in Seattle is this discussion even possible. I'm embarrassed to be a Seahawks fan today.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tical21":19rx73zv said:
I just don't get it. We're Matt Hasselbeck haters now? Already like Wilson more? Only in Seattle is this discussion even possible. I'm embarrassed to be a Seahawks fan today.

I don't see that at all. Hass is still one of my favorite Seahawks of all time. Great Seahawk! I am, however, more than happy to be lauding our new quarterback's performance as even better so far. I also want Wilson's eventual replacement to be even better than him. What is possibly wrong with that?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3c369p12 said:

I'm embarrassed that "Matt Hasselbeck haters" is what you took from this discussion.

Hasselbeck is the best QB we've had, and he's the obvious guy you compare to if you want to judge the player you believe is the next franchise QB. So far, the comparisons are positive. That's not hating on Hasselbeck.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":10js1e79 said:
Tical21":10js1e79 said:

I don't see that at all. Hass is still one of my favorite Seahawks of all time. Great Seahawk! I am, however, more than happy to be lauding our new quarterback's performance as even better so far. I also want Wilson's eventual replacement to be even better than him. What is possibly wrong with that?
:13:

And thanks for the previous post showing potential records he could break.

themunn

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1d7gsu3v said:
I think you just proved the point that 'rookie records' don't mean squat. Thanks. :th2thumbs:

No, all I've done is prove that it's daft to judge QBs by wins.
You judge TEAMS by wins. You judge players by their individual performance. And right now Russell Wilson's individual performance is whats showing him as a fantastic player and gives the impression of a possible HoF career.

Sonny Jurgensen is a Hall of Fame quarterback who lost more games than he won.
Warren Moon only barely breaks the .500 barrier
Rex Grossman has a better win percentage than both (and his one superbowl appearance matches that of Jurgensen and is one more than Warren Moon's)

Is Rex Grossman a better QB because he wins more?

Status
Not open for further replies.