Outside linebacker

arghawkfan

Reaction score
With all the talk recently about our lb's coverage issues, I realized that Leroy hill has 0 career interceptions. Over and above that, we have not had an olb with an interception in over 2 seasons. The last one I can remember is when Curry intercepted cutler in a bears playoff game, but other than that, i think you have to go back to the days of Julian Peterson to have a seahawks olb with a pick, iirc, all of Hawthorne's int's were when he was a MLB. Just a thought

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I think Curry almost had a pick last year against the Giants. It went right through his hands. Then, we sent him to Oakland.

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Not taking advantage of opportunities...up until Wagner's pick, no other position than db had a pick all yr

hawker84

Reaction score
just a weird season TO wise, nobody's making plays seems like accept sherman.. how many pics has ET dropped this year.. how many times has the ball been batted up in the air at the line of scrimmage only to fall harmlessly to the ground.. just not getting the bounces and crucial pics this year.... miami game prime example.. LB makes the play and it's reversed on a penalty... just a weird year..

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawker84":gtlalt66 said:
just a weird season TO wise, nobody's making plays seems like accept sherman.. how many pics has ET dropped this year.. how many times has the ball been batted up in the air at the line of scrimmage only to fall harmlessly to the ground.. just not getting the bounces and crucial pics this year.... miami game prime example.. LB makes the play and it's reversed on a penalty... just a weird year..

I agree. Last year's 2nd half success was due in large part to the defense thriving on turnovers. We haven't had much luck this year with that. The only one I can remember with multiple turnovers was the Dallas game (fumble, punt block, INT).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Definitely weird, and not in our favor. I almost put money down before the season that we would end up with 20-25 interceptions and 3-4 defensive TD's.

We only have 10 picks on the season, no defensive TDs. Kam had 4 picks last season and hasn't even been close to one this season. They are using Earl and Kam differently this season, for sure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Wright doesn't have the in line speed to cover TE's, and Hill has lost a step.

I'd really like to see us get a dynamic OLB in the draft this year. Malcolm Smith doesn't excite me, and I still think Hill would provide solid depth and a starter if the rookie isn't ready to go.