Hasselbeck threw for 20+ TD's 4 times in his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Yeah I don't get calling a 6 year vet (he's in year 7 now) a rookie.. especially since he had previous starter experience. At least in Hasselbeck's start he didn't start one game and only really had in-game experience when Green Bay would fake a field goal or when he'd come in in mop-up duty.

I think what Lymon is saying is.. lets back off of Wilson's enshrinement into Canton. Lets hold off on calling him the next Montana or even the next Brees..

If he develops into any of those things.. lets face it.. NO Seahawk fan alive is going to be pissed off about that, lol. But he's played ELEVEN games.. let's at least wait until he gets 3 years of starting under his belt before we go out throwing historical comparisons to the kid. And if he breaks some records this season.. that's good too.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is rewriting history with everything.he is doing. I fully plan on celebrating that and enjoying it all along the way. In my OP there was no disrepect meant....the reality is Wilson is putting up those numbers.....its a shame not to be excited.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3mmv5gmh said:
Scottemojo":3mmv5gmh said:
He's no troll. He's just sour today.

I don't know. That point about the definition of what a rookie is is so stupid, it's got to be trolling. :|
So now anytime I say anything that is just dumb, I get to claim I was trolling? I can work with that.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Russel Wilson could break every passing record in the books. I love Hass like a brother but he never did that.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3gb33ahx said:
Scottemojo":3gb33ahx said:

I don't know. That point about the definition of what a rookie is is so stupid, it's got to be trolling. :|

Please explain. Perhaps you can tell me what the proper definition is for 'rookie' in professional sports?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
LymonHawk":1zh164q0 said:
volsunghawk":1zh164q0 said:
Scottemojo":1zh164q0 said:

Please explain. Perhaps you can tell me what the proper definition is for 'rookie' in professional sports?

You used the label "Seahawks rookie" for 2 people who were in completely different stages of their career. You're not a rookie again just because you switch teams. Your previous experience is still just that, experience.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
BTW Russell Wilson is on pace for about 450 TD's, assuming he plays at a consistent level and is able to avoid injury for 17 seasons. Just FYI. NBD.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":33g270l1 said:
He is rewriting history with everything.he is doing. I fully plan on celebrating that and enjoying it all along the way. In my OP there was no disrepect meant....the reality is Wilson is putting up those numbers.....its a shame not to be excited.

What history have I been rewriting?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hasselbeck's rookie season with the Titans really was substantially better than Jake Locker's rookie season.
Jerry Rice's rookie season with the Seahawks was very disappointing, though. As was Franco Harris's rookie season with the Seahawks.

You know, Lymon is right, the word rookie is very versatile. I plan to use it much more.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
LymonHawk":254w6g73 said:
T-Sizzle":254w6g73 said:

You should really not need me to answer that for you.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":y1xqx1to said:
You used the label "Seahawks rookie" for 2 people who were in completely different stages of their career. You're not a rookie again just because you switch teams. Your previous experience is still just that, experience.

You are correct. Hass' was in his third year when he came here. If you want to compare his rookie stats, you should start with his first year with GB......but that's not what happened, is it?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2thwo9s5 said:
LymonHawk":2thwo9s5 said:
T-Sizzle":2thwo9s5 said:

You should really not need me to answer that for you.

You made the comment, now please back it up, or admit you were fabricating 'facts.'

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":jbj6qclm said:
Hasselbeck's rookie season with the Titans really was substantially better than Jake Locker's rookie season.
Jerry Rice's rookie season with the Seahawks was very disappointing, though. As was Franco Harris's rookie season with the Seahawks.

You know, Lymon is right, the word rookie is very versatile. I plan to use it much more.

So, do you consider Hass' first year with Seattle as his rookie year?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
LymonHawk":e5jmhmmz said:
Zebulon Dak":e5jmhmmz said:

You are correct. Hass' was in his third year when he came here. If you want to compare his rookie stats, you should start with his first year with GB......but that's not what happened, is it?

The original comparison had nothing to do with Hass being a rookie. It had to do with Hass being "arguably the best QB in franchise history." You're the one who got your panties in a bunch over it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2ed90j2c said:
Scottemojo":2ed90j2c said:

So, do you consider Hass' first year with Seattle as his rookie year?
Nope. He played for the Packers for two years.
So really, with all that extra time to learn the game, and playing with the offensive genius that is Mike Holmgren, it is really a bit sad that he is being outclassed by a bona fide rookie.

12evanf

Reaction score
rook·ie
n.

2. Sports A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

Topps doesn't make rookie cards for when a player arrives on a new team.

Russel is rewriting the recent history that no quarterback under 6' can play in the modern NFL, but I don't think that's what anyone was referring to.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
12evanf":24dokzux said:
rook·ie
n.

Russel is rewriting the recent history that no quarterback under 6' can play in the modern NFL, but I don't think that's what anyone was referring to.

And he's also rewriting the history books for every QB named Russell Wilson. Amazing!

12evanf

Reaction score
LymonHawk":30foli4i said:
12evanf":30foli4i said:
rook·ie
n.

And he's also rewriting the history books for every QB named Russell Wilson. Amazing!

No, he's just writing that history for the first time, not rewriting it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
He's performing admirably, especially for a rookie. No reason not to be excited about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.