The Seahawks will win in Chicago and Buffalo

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HansGruber":2lnewzhz said:
Just got a feeling. Mostly based on watching Wilson's press conference.

Which of Wilson's boring monotone cliche's fired you up with inspiration? Was it "one game at a time"............or "I just wanna prepare as hard as I can." Or wait, maybe it was "we tune out all those distractions."

I know, gives me chills too!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1vmga843 said:
Seattle cannot win on the road vs decent teams. Chicago and Buffalo are decent teams.
That's all that has to be said. Not happening this year folks.

BS. That's a ridiculous stance. Seattle has been in every road game. We haven't been able to close it out on a consistent basis. But the fact is anything can happen in close games and both will be close games. Seattle has a fighting chance to win both of these games.

We need to stop with the "gee it's the Bears, were gonna lose." sentiments. This year has made me convinced that Seattle can play with ANYONE and still have a chance to win. Because it's happened every game. Sure we all wanted to win a few more of those close one's but we were in striking distance in all our games with an opportunity to tie or win on the final drive.

That's pretty remarkable considering just 2 years ago we were getting demolished by teams at HOME and AWAY.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hey Hans, why don't you go down to Vegas and drop 1000 bucks down on the Hawks in each of the next 2 games?

Easy money right?

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2s0del8u said:
HansGruber":2s0del8u said:

Which of Wilson's boring monotone cliche's fired you up with inspiration? Was it "one game at a time"............or "I just wanna prepare as hard as I can." Or wait, maybe it was "we tune out all those distractions."

Hahahahaha!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
hawker84":3u5jvgr2 said:
this is a tough one... chicago's a good defensive team, cutler is a good game manager, not a great QB... so if we go by the ways it's been going this year.. we beat the teams we should lose to , we lose to the teams we should beat... how do you call this one.. Chicago's a good team, at full strength their a team that would be tough to beat on the road.. but they're decimated with injuries and their O line is horrible, so are they a team we should beat now, or a team we should still lose to on the road still? don't know how to call this one...

i'll just stick to my guns, if the hawks play anywhere near their capabilities on both sides of the ball, coaches call a good game and make necessary adjustments, we should squeek out a victory.. but i'm not holding my breath...

damn it - now we are going to loose.......... :D

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Forte is apparently playing.

I agree though that Chicago is definitely more beat up than we are, and we usually don't turn the ball over mindlessly... that plus the long ball are the things that make Chicago dangerous, and I don't really see either happening much for them. If we take care of the ball, which we should, and get a decent pass rush, which we should, this game should be a win. That said, I am nervous as hell and would never put money on it, we have lost too many road games at 10 AM for me to feel confident against anyone on the road.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
After what i saw last week, I have no illusions that this team will sack up and win either game. I predict the biggest margin of defeat so far this year in the Chicago game and we'll coug it against the beefalos. Mediocre coaching= lack of discipline= 8-8 or 9-7.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HansGruber":2inec1r7 said:
I'm actually surprised how little credit Seattle is getting from its own fans.

What weapons does Chicago have on offense to outscore Russell Wilson? Forte is out. They don't have any burners at WR. And their offensive line is just terrible, and now they're even worse - they've got some injuries and they've shifted Carimi to RG where he's never played. That's going to negate the Red Bryant injury, if he's out. Bruce Irvin is going to feast on Sunday, and same with Clemons. Add to that how angry this defense is coming into the game, how much trash has been talked about them, I think they're going to be playing all-out psycho. I expect to see a couple turnovers. I think that Miami loss put a fire under their butts, and listening to Carroll lately, I have no doubt in my mind about that. They know they HAVE to win this game to make the playoffs. Win and you're in, lose and you might still go, but the odds get way way lower.

The interesting thing to me is that teams have beaten us even when their awesome playmaking WRs get shut down. Look at the Detroit game for example. It has often been the slot guys and tight ends utilizing the middle of the field who have killed the hawks. So I am not buying the idea that we will just shut down Marshall and not need to worry about anyone else. Run of the mill NFL WRs seem to have no problem getting open against the hawks if they are being guarded by anyone other than Sherman and Browner. The Miami game has me very worried that we are going to have to suffer through more and more games of no name NFL players slicing and dicing us across the middle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HansGruber":13oky8jx said:
I'm actually surprised how little credit Seattle is getting from its own fans.

What weapons does Chicago have on offense to outscore Russell Wilson?

idk, what awesome weapons did St. Louis, Miami and Arizona have? Cause those teams beat us with 1/2 the talent that Chicago has.

Credit is given when credit is due. If you let a terrible team like Miami run for 180 yards with a rookie QB ripping the hell out of your secondary the whole 2nd half, then sorry.........no credit for you.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
If we don't win at least one of the predicted, good look making the playoffs.

hawker84

Reaction score
mikeak":1uglj0cc said:
hawker84":1uglj0cc said:
this is a tough one... chicago's a good defensive team, cutler is a good game manager, not a great QB... so if we go by the ways it's been going this year.. we beat the teams we should lose to , we lose to the teams we should beat... how do you call this one.. Chicago's a good team, at full strength their a team that would be tough to beat on the road.. but they're decimated with injuries and their O line is horrible, so are they a team we should beat now, or a team we should still lose to on the road still? don't know how to call this one...

i'll just stick to my guns, if the hawks play anywhere near their capabilities on both sides of the ball, coaches call a good game and make necessary adjustments, we should squeek out a victory.. but i'm not holding my breath...

damn it - now we are going to loose.......... :D

you're right i should have said could instead of should.. SON OF A B**CH

smashmouth59

Reaction score
If we can run the ball, we will win. The problem is their d line is very stout with Paea, Melton, Peppers, and Wilkerson. Urlacker is old and slow. If Briggs is out, that would be huge. I do see us running the ball down their throats with success while using playaction passes to get big gains. Why? Because i am a homer and that is what homers do.

My prediction record is the same as the Hawks record. 6-5.

We will win this game comfortably. It will be our 11' Giants game, a big statement on the road.

Hawks 31 (Bring it Kam)
Bears 3 (U 2 Russ)

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":303ag7kq said:
Says here Briggs is in the "out" column - 0 chance of playing.
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawksblog/201where dif yo9801324_seahawksinjuries30.html
Where did you see that? This shows him as probable. This got me stressed out about Sidney though. Sounds like he'll be fine, but I don't like seeing him as questionable. We need him.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hlsnolk said:
HansGruber":3hlsnolk said:

Watch it for yourself. It doesn't matter what he said, it's how he said it. I haven't seen him fired up like that since we lost in Week 1 against Arizona and he was cussing up a storm on the sideline. Except this time, instead of cussing, he was telling the press that he thought we had a really great team, that he disagreed with Pete Carroll that the guys didn't play hard enough, that the guys had left it all out there and that they were looking forward to winning next week. It's on the Seahawks site, you can watch it for yourself.

And if it doesn't get you fired up, then maybe you haven't seen many QB press conferences. They're ALL cliche. For a reason. That kid Russell Wilson though, he's got a fire in his belly. Haven't seen anything like that since Matt Hasselbeck in 2003-2004. And I think he has a much higher ceiling.

gargantual

Reaction score
endzorn":m8zeq1zr said:
There is no way you thought this through. The Dolphins offense was and is inept and we...WE...are responsible for allowing them to look good. We have lost on the road to Arizona, St. Louis, Detroit and Miami and even with injuries the Bears are miles ahead of any of those teams.

I want us to win...desperately, but I'm not going to smear lipstick on this road pig we've become.
Due to our track record on the road this year, I have very little confidence this game....BUT...

I don't agree with the highlighted part there. Arizona was on tear at the start of the season, undefeated for the first, what was it 4 or 5 games, until teams figured them out. St. Louis isn't the team we've grown accustomed to any more for so many years (ie an easy win). Tying the 9ers in their own house? Jeff Fisher has them playing above their talent level right now...and they are only getting better in the future. And then both Detroit & Miami have dangerous Os when everything is going right and elite and potentially elite rookie QBs.

All that compared to a Bears team that has feasted on weaker teams and bombed against good ones.

Giving them credit, they did what a team should, dominate weaker opponents. I just hope we can play to our ability potential on Sunday.

OP
OP
HansGruber

HansGruber

Reaction score
1 down... 1 to go.

I saw it in Russell Wilson's eyes at his press conference last week. He is going to drive this team into the playoffs.

And that last OT drive is ALL on Russell. How many first downs did he create with his feet? I'm tellin ya... this kid is the real deal, and I am a believer!!!