Where are we with RW leadership????

jallen6243

Reaction score
I was just thinking about RW when he arrived at Wisconsin, and he was almost immediately voted by his peers to be a captain.

When will RW be named a captain?

Can Captains be changed in the middle of a season?

I mean honestly, who do you think on that team is that far beyond RW when it comes to leadership?

This is by no means a knock on our current captains. I'm just curious, and I wanted to get that first topic on this forum out of the way. No longer a virgin. LOL

"Go Hawks"

Throwdown

Reaction score
They can change, I believe RGIII became one a few weeks ago for the Redskins.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I think he is a lock to get next year. Caps are chosen by the players at the start of the year. They can probably switch mid season especially for off feild issues... but who would you take it from?
I dont think it would be good for him to get it when TJ was on the team fighting for the spot.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Captain or not, he's already the leader.

He'll probably never be the fiery RAH RAH leader that some are. But Michael Robinson has already said that the veterans are inspired by his work ethic and preparation. The true leader is one who can lead without saying a word. And I think thats what Russell Wilson is.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":nkceh9xl said:
Captain or not, he's already the leader.

He'll probably never be the fiery RAH RAH leader that some are. But Michael Robinson has already said that the veterans are inspired by his work ethic and preparation. The true leader is one who can lead without saying a word. And I think thats what Russell Wilson is.

I said this in another thread. Leaders don't NEED a "C" on their jersey to lead. Captains are voted before the season starts. Wilson had never played a regular season NFL game. It would have been odd for him to get voted a leader before he's even really had a chance to show his leadership abilities.

I have no doubt that next season Wilson will be voted team captain on offense, but in the meantime, he's already the proven leader, and it is really a breath of fresh air to see that from him so quickly in his career.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Throwdown":1zsmvdca said:
They can change, I believe RGIII became one a few weeks ago for the Redskins.

I didn't think this was the case. WAS hadn't used all of their captain designations, so had one available to give to RG3. It wasn't like it was stripped from someone else, and given to RG3. If I remember correctly, Seattle didn't use all of their designations either, but I could be wrong.

Either way, everyone knows where Wilson stands, regardless of which patches he has on his uniform.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I would not want to make a change in that area. If we make RW a captain in the middle of the season then what does that say about Max Unger's leadership who is currently the captain? You don't want to do that to any of your players especially if they are being a really good leader like Unger is this season.

Wilson is already the leader so making him the captain won't mean much this season. Maybe, next year.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2sr7mwin said:
I would not want to make a change in that area. If we make RW a captain in the middle of the season then what does that say about Max Unger's leadership who is currently the captain? You don't want to do that to any of your players especially if they are being a really good leader like Unger is this season.

Wilson is already the leader so making him the captain won't mean much this season. Maybe, next year.

Seattle has used 4 of their captain designations, all teams have 6 available, I believe. They wouldn't have to strip anybody of the title to give one to Russell.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
HawksFTW":588k8285 said:
SeahawksFanForever":588k8285 said:

Seattle has used 4 of their captain designations, all teams have 6 available, I believe. They wouldn't have to strip anybody of the title to give one to Russell.

ahh got it. It's cool then

ensett

Reaction score
Seeing everything we do about Wilson, he looks like the hollywood movie definition of leader. This guy is out of this world.

Zowert

Reaction score
Wilson is definitely a rare breed. There are born leaders, then there is Russell Wilson. A kid, third round draft choice who overcame all the odds (talking about his height) and silenced the critics with class. Despite all that, he has managed to lead this football team and he's made it look so damn easy.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I really don't see how it means anything othen than calling the coin toss.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":ndnf116z said:

A little name recognition and a patch with stars.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":17ym5tvi said:

Get your point. But why then did Flynn make the call in OT? He's not a captain. Pete throwing him a bone for being a good sport?