Secondary playing softer less press coverage

canzag

Reaction score
Perhaps getting ready for the suspension?I did not notice as much press coverage this week.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

:34853_doh:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Sherman wasn't lined up on Marshall, which i think he should have been every play , especially that play.

Basis4day

Reaction score
652cHAWK":33qyuker said:
I don't know about less press coverage equaling softer play from the secondary. More like negative press coverage overall. I'm already hearing stuff from people like Chris Rose 'NFL Network' Gameday Final host, after that Marshall reception with 20 seconds left(about Sherman); "probably didn't have his Adderall..."

Pretty sure that was Heath Evans' voice. Dude is still pissed about Beastquake.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Basis4day":13ereeon said:
652cHAWK":13ereeon said:

No kidding. I've honestly never heard that guy say anything positive about the Hawks. Seems bitter or something.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Can they appeal until next season? If we lose BB and Sherm now, we don't have a chance for any playoff run. This sucks. I think the timing and the fact that it is BOTH of our corners seems suspicious(like they were set up).

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":17bw7udf said:
Can they appeal until next season? If we lose BB and Sherm now, we don't have a chance for any playoff run. This sucks. I think the timing and the fact that it is BOTH of our corners seems suspicious(like they were set up).

Depending about the context of their appeal, yes it can. The Star Caps thing went on for a WHILE.

But it needs to be said again. We know very little about what actually happened with them or what is their basis for appeal. They are allowed to keep playing until their appeal is resolved.

hawker84

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":4p9jbspf said:

to say we don't have a chance is a bit strong.. starters get hurt all the time.. that's what back ups are for

pugs1

Reaction score
Since Harbaugh bitched to the NFL about Browner and Sherman they have gotten a defensive holding call on the first defensive series in every game.

zayden185

Reaction score
Basis4day":7qve0qdd said:
652cHAWK":7qve0qdd said:

that guy is a douche! they have a segment for him called "DO YOUR JOB" he had some guard not making a block or something...i wanted to ask NFL Network for my 30 seconds back.

and speaking of NFL Network, whats up with the lighting on that set? The Dude with the Big Ears and the girl that comes on...she is hideous under a certain light! Who does the hiring for that job...fire that mofo

ensett

Reaction score
Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.

razgriz737

Reaction score
ensett":19198q99 said:
Its true, we dont know what will happen if we lose both these guys. A little over a year ago, Sherman was our #4 CB, and not much further than that, Browner wasn't even in the league. No reason we can't work that magic again.
Yeah. Obviously the talent evaluation was spot on, so unless they were just really lucky with getting 2 great DB's, I'm honestly not that worried.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
652cHAWK":2fp8ftxr said:

I think he is talking about actual press coverage on the field (ie man coverage, bump and run, near the line of scrimmage) instead of media coverage.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":33u85cxg said:
652cHAWK":33u85cxg said:

In retrospect?, we can be thankful that Heath Evans got dumped, the guy is a dweeb turd :pukeface:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
razgriz737":1sn85xtm said:
ensett":1sn85xtm said:
Yeah. Obviously the talent evaluation was spot on, so unless they were just really lucky with getting 2 great DB's, I'm honestly not that worried.

The best way to mitigate the problem of backup CB's is to get consistent pressure from the D line. That hasn't been happening with any regularity lately and THAT is what is worrisome.

razgriz737

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1o7yfcm0 said:
razgriz737":1o7yfcm0 said:
ensett":1o7yfcm0 said:

The best way to mitigate the problem of backup CB's is to get consistent pressure from the D line. That hasn't been happening with any regularity lately and THAT is what is worrisome.
I definitely agree with that. Our pass rush has certainly been MIA these past few weeks...

652cHAWK

Reaction score
HawksFTW":1lwbnuq6 said:
652cHAWK":1lwbnuq6 said:

Double :34853_doh:

Yes, X & Os press coverage. Plus, it was Heath Evans on that Adderall comment; i.e. negative media coverage.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Basis4day":3uv3cjqg said:
652cHAWK":3uv3cjqg said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that Heath said that and he himself during his NFL days had a prescription for adderall too? Seems a little hypocritical...
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this- ... uth-idiots

twelfman

Reaction score
We play much better it seems when we press the recievers hard right on the line but were they worried these guys were gonna juke em out of their shoes or somethin cuz we need to be able to do that to everyone
It felt like prevent all over again at times