Charlie Whitehurst trade looking pretty good now

ivotuk

Reaction score
That trade resulted in us somehow getting Golden Tate. Plus he got us in to the playoffs where we hosed the 'Aints :)

kearly

Reaction score
I would have at least considered cutting Tate early in 2011. He really was horrible back then. He couldn't block, he couldn't get open, he'd run backwards 5-10 yards after catching the football. He was an embarrassment. He's obviously the complete opposite of that player now. I have to give the coaching staff props for that. If there was ever a guy who screamed "lost cause", it was a young Golden Tate.

I'd have to think about it a bit, but he might get my vote for the most improved Seahawk I've ever seen. Max Unger would be in the running too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't know, we had the 40th Pick that year, we could've easily taken Tate with that pick had we not did that trade.

kearly

Reaction score
Throwdown":16ao9iqe said:
I don't know, we had the 40th Pick that year, we could've easily taken Tate with that pick had we not did that trade.

That plus we still lost a 3rd rounder. And it's not like CW carried the team on his back against the Rams.

In hindsight, I am so glad we won that game against the Rams though. Not just because of the Beastquake- but because if Seattle is picking 8th overall they would have likely drafted Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert was JS's #1 QB that year.

TLD0550

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ubkz56z said:
That trade resulted in us somehow getting Golden Tate. Plus he got us in to the playoffs where we hosed the 'Aints :)
Can you please explain how he had anything to do with us drafting Golden ??

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm sure SD would do the trade again? Who's in?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
kearly":3myhne1j said:
Throwdown":3myhne1j said:

That plus we still lost a 3rd rounder. And it's not like CW carried the team on his back against the Rams.

In hindsight, I am so glad we won that game against the Rams though. Not just because of the Beastquake- but because if Seattle is picking 8th overall they would have likely drafted Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert was JS's #1 QB that year.

dodged that bullet.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
TLD0550":2yv7r2p9 said:
ivotuk":2yv7r2p9 said:
Can you please explain how he had anything to do with us drafting Golden ??
What is it about "somehow" that you don't understand? lol

TLD0550

Reaction score
Charlie had nothing to do with it so "somehow" just seems like an excuse of no facts somehow lol

I would say the only good thing he did for our club was buy us time to Get RW