Mike Carey since 2008

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Mike Carey since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm
  • I know we pulled this one out but was I trippin when after a call Mike Carey looked like he was tellin another ref
    to call a hold (i mean with his look and gesture?) i don"t have a dvr.
    " There's levelz 2 these bezzles"1-0 19inarow.go hawks!!!!
    User avatar
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 156
    Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 pm


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm
  • HommyHawk wrote:I know we pulled this one out but was I trippin when after a call Mike Carey looked like he was tellin another ref
    to call a hold (i mean with his look and gesture?) i don"t have a dvr.


    I saw that and thought it was funny too. Doubt we'll ever know for sure what was going on there.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14254
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 pm
  • I don't believe in an active plot by the refs to screw us, but he sure made it harder to keep my tinfoil hat off. Not all the calls were bad, but they sure were ill timed and ticky tack. Conversely, the bears got away with a lot of non-calls. It didn't help that he seemed really disappointed (as stated in the game day thread) with giving us that last TD.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:I don't believe in an active plot by the refs to screw us, but he sure made it harder to keep my tinfoil hat off. Not all the calls were bad, but they sure were ill timed and ticky tack. Conversely, the bears got away with a lot of non-calls. It didn't help that he seemed really disappointed (as stated in the game day thread) with giving us that last TD.

    Agreed. I've never been one to believe conspiracy theories, and I'm still not, but that game provided a hell of a lot of ammo for those who do.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 pm
  • I think that if there was indeed a conspiracy, the refs would have found a way for chicago to steal that game.
    decaff907
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 174
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 pm
    Location: Sunnyvale, CA


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 pm
  • I saw that too - the "hold" signal and smirk, but I constantly read too much into too little

    Plus, I was already pissed off at the refs by that point, so my attitude was more like "Of course."
    User avatar
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *
     
    Posts: 2593
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am


Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm
  • Before yesterday, the Seahawks were 1-6 in the past seven games that Carey's crew had officiated. If Carey's crew had their way it would now be 1-7. This inludes the '08 - '12 reg seasons. That's one win in five years with this joker's crew...until yesterday.

    The Bears game yesterday, enough said. Possibly the most one sided officiated regular season game I've ever watched. One personal foul against SEA.

    His crew did the Rams game in week 4. Three personal fouls against SEA. I remember two ticky-tack personal fouls being called on Giacomini in that game. And it seems like another ticky-tack personal foul on Clemons after an interception.

    2011, week 7 at Celveland (the Marshawn back spasm game). The "Game Winning" punt return for a touchdown by Leon Washington that was negated by a phantom block in the back call during the return. Two personal fouls called agianst SEA. The one when Kam sacked the QB on a picture perfect form tackle but was called for the phantom "blow to the head". Also in that game, Red Bryant was ejected.

    2010, week 11 at New Orleans. Three personal fouls called aginst the Seahawks. A called INT that Seattle had to challenge to get reversed. On a key drive we stop NO on 3rd down...but the drive continues after a roughing the passer call. Saints go on to score a touchdown.

    Finding data on the '09 and '08 games is tough, and I do actually have a life.

    In the games mentioned above, not one single personal foul was called on Seattle's opponents.

    Mike Carey and his wife own a company called Seirus Innovation. One of their biggest competitors is a company called K2 Sports. K2 Sports is based in Seattle. (Just sayin')

    Most of my research was derived from CBS Sportsline and done with a beer in hand.
    User avatar
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:33 pm
  • Edited for a spelling error.
    User avatar
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm
  • Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.


    How's this whining? He's presenting us with information.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14254
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    It's not whining when its as egregious and blatant as yesterday's game. When the announcers make several comments about the officiating, they're not doing too well.

    And we're not just talking penalties here.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6958
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm
  • Situation: Chicago had the ball, fourth-and-inches at the Seattle 15-yard line with 12:55 left in the second quarter. Chicago led 7-0.

    The Play: Chicago running back Michael Bush carried the ball for no gain and the Bears turned the ball over on downs.

    My Take: Referee Mike Carey went over to the replay booth to review the spot and that’s a no-no. He did come out and say the play was not subject to review by the replay official.

    The only way this play could have been reviewed was if the Bears had challenged. A lot of people were confused because they felt that all turnovers were subject to review by the replay official. That’s not the case when it comes to failure to make a first down. It’s a change of possession, but it is not considered a turnover.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/week ... ect-120212

    This from former head of officals, now Fox Sports coorspondant Mike Pereira.

    We were very close from having Carey change that 4th down call over turned.

    What up Carey!?
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 530
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:55 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 pm
  • Great info. Perhaps we could start a seahawks movement to ban his officiating crew from officiating our games?
    Once upon a time Little Red Manninghood,
    went for a walk in the forest.
    She was never seen again.
    End of story

    *NorthHawk's view of SB XLVIII
    User avatar
    rpmischris
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm
  • I usually hate complaining about the refs - and we've had our share of 'fortune' with those guys this year. But yeah, yesterday's game was a joke. Every little thing was called against Seattle. Nothing against the Bears. Turning over the Edwards touchdown was farcical. I mean - even on the game winning play. Why no flag for the hit on Rice? Defenseless receiver? Helmet to helmet? That should've been touchdown or half the distance to the goal. And why the seemingly never ending review at the end. It was a clear touchdown.

    Hopefully we don't get that crew again for a while.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7944
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:42 pm
  • The guy is a meddlesome joke of an official. Can't stand him.
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1620
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm
  • When's the last time somebody got called for holding Bruce or Clem? Because I'm pretty sure they get held on almost every play.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14254
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:51 pm
  • At least Bill Leavy had the decency to admit he botched the SBXL* calls against us. To the point of losing sleep over it.

    Mike Carey is the Honey Badger of officials.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 7977
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:53 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football
    User avatar
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 276
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:58 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:When's the last time somebody got called for holding Bruce or Clem? Because I'm pretty sure they get held on almost every play.


    I'm usually hollering at the screen every damn Sunday because of the blatant holding on our DEs. It's sickening.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2718
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.


    First point, I do not whine (in general). Second point, I had no idea penalties were measeured by weight. Third point, who cares if you agreed with the calls or not? I wasn't asking. Fourth point, what research have you done to support your statement that ALL refs make bad calls? Last point, congratulations on getting this one...the Seahawks did win the game.

    Lighten up dude, I thought some Seahawk fans would find the info interesting.
    User avatar
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:09 pm
  • hawkfan333 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football


    I'm tired of all you guys whining about refs. Everyone has problems with refs. Maybe if we lost it would be alright, but we pulled out the win, and this guy is trying to say Mike Carey is biased against us? yeah right... He just made a couple bad calls. happens.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 pm
  • its not that we don't make penalties, i'm just amazed how other teams never seem to make any! just sayin.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 495
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:12 pm
  • 515, Mike Carey sucks. I have feared seeing his face in a Hawks game for 3 years now, and yesterday only confirmed my opinion.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10855
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm
  • Call me naive but I had no idea that Mike Carey and his crew had it out for us. Is he this bad calling other games or is he just a total douche against Seattle?
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2718
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm
  • zhawk wrote:its not that we don't make penalties, i'm just amazed how other teams never seem to make any! just sayin.


    If you watch the games and come back with some real proof, I will believe you... Didn't mean for this to come off overly rude BTW.

    I watched the New Orleans game and quite honestly we deserved all those personal fouls against us. The Raheem Brock roughing the passer call was just frustrating.

    The Browns game, the Kam Chancellor sack penalty was odd. He placed his helmet on McCoy's back, which is not allowed. Blame the bogus rule, IMO. And the phantom block in the back looked very real in real time, as the announcers noted. Blame Kennard Cox for being a dumbass as Leon had already passed him.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    You missed the game I take it
    User avatar
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm
  • Greenhell wrote:Call me naive but I had no idea that Mike Carey and his crew had it out for us. Is he this bad calling other games or is he just a total douche against Seattle?

    Every game he calls is a joke, and it isn't just Seattle. I have watched him call quite a few games, and he is just plain incompetent. I don't think he is anti-Seattle per se, but he is a horrible referee. The bullshit block in the back at Cleveland last year cost us the game.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10855
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    Crap he is not whinning. During the actual game in the Game thread I brought this up. I asked have we ever won when Carey is ref'ing the game with his crew. I asked if any one could find the the data because my recollection was we have never won when he has been the crew and we have always had bad calls against us. Thank you OP you have confirmed my suspisions that I have had for years with this crew. some one needs to get this to the NFL, or the the hawks if they are not on top of this and I am sure they are.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    User avatar
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1648
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    hawkfan333 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.

    if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football


    I'm tired of all you guys whining about refs. Everyone has problems with refs. Maybe if we lost it would be alright, but we pulled out the win, and this guy is trying to say Mike Carey is biased against us? yeah right... He just made a couple bad calls. happens.

    What game were you watching? The Marshawn fumble. The muffed punt that Maragos recovered. The low blocking foul on Farwell when he was dragged down by his face mask. The overturning of a TD to BE with inconclusive evidence to overturn.

    Here's another idea...you're tired of people "whining about officials". Why continue to read and post in them?
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6958
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Call me naive but I had no idea that Mike Carey and his crew had it out for us. Is he this bad calling other games or is he just a total douche against Seattle?

    Every game he calls is a joke, and it isn't just Seattle. I have watched him call quite a few games, and he is just plain incompetent. I don't think he is anti-Seattle per se, but he is a horrible referee. The bullshit block in the back at Cleveland last year cost us the game.


    Thanks for the heads up. Honestly had no idea about him and his crew and their history with our team. And yes, that call did cost us the game.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2718
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:24 pm
  • Rose colored glasses be damned, that was a poorly officiated game. I don't care if it was Colts vs. Ravens, or Texans vs. Jaguars, I don't know how any football fan could be happy with the way that game was officiated, IMO.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1550
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:28 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:What game were you watching? The Marshawn fumble. The muffed punt that Maragos recovered. The low blocking foul on Farwell when he was dragged down by his face mask. The overturning of a TD to BE with inconclusive evidence to overturn.

    Here's another idea...you're tired of people "whining about officials". Why continue to read and post in them?


    I guess you missed the part where I said he made a couple of bad calls :roll:

    The only one I hated was the muffed punt. That one was really bad. Lynch run we got very unlucky, probably shoulda been called down earlier but refs do us favors by letting those runs continue and Lynch get more yards.

    The OP was trying to claim bias, and I don't think carey's biased. Plain and simple. Maybe he just sucks, like some people think, (not gonna argue that point, don't think he's that good) but I don't think he's biased.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm
  • I agree with this post. Mike Carey always calls a one sided game against us. It's obvious he has some hidden bias against us. The business connection is interesting. He should be banned from calling any Seattle games ever again but it won't happen.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 923
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 pm
  • Every fan base in the league would complain that Mike Carey's crew has screwed their team at some point or other. Every coaching staff knows them to be the most neurotic crew in the league.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11248
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:38 pm
  • It isn't obvious. As someone else said, he just plain sucks at calling games. I don't think fans of many teams like him.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:48 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    zhawk wrote:its not that we don't make penalties, i'm just amazed how other teams never seem to make any! just sayin.


    If you watch the games and come back with some real proof, I will believe you... Didn't mean for this to come off overly rude BTW.

    I watched the New Orleans game and quite honestly we deserved all those personal fouls against us. The Raheem Brock roughing the passer call was just frustrating.

    The Browns game, the Kam Chancellor sack penalty was odd. He placed his helmet on McCoy's back, which is not allowed. Blame the bogus rule, IMO. And the phantom block in the back looked very real in real time, as the announcers noted. Blame Kennard Cox for being a dumbass as Leon had already passed him.


    I DIDN'T SAY WE DIDN'T COMMIT PENALTIES... I said it's kinda funny the other teams have minimal penalties.... especially when the are like hits with no call on the other team for like hits on ours.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 495
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 pm
  • It's obvious. If you don't think so then you're not paying attention
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 923
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:57 pm
  • It isn't obvious and if you think so your not paying attention to every other game he has reffed. Your paying attention with team bias, he called a bad game so he must hate us. Even if he has some bias subconsciously and that makes him not throw flags on our opponents, he has a whole crew that could have called something on the other team. It was poorly called, and we have shit luck, but we are not the only ones in the league with that kind of luck.

    Also, your definition of obvious bothers me. You may have some points, but that doesn't make it obvious. Obvious would be Carey leaving his mic on while telling another ref to screw us over, having an anti-Seahawks website, or running up to cause a fumble himself. An unfortunate trend is speculation.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm
  • If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4582
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 pm
  • I saw that too and don't want to believe it, but it was very strange.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 495
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm
  • The one game the Seahawks did win with Carey's crew officiating was PC's first game as HC. It was at home against SF and we worked them pretty hard that day. Something like 31-14.
    User avatar
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm


Re: Mike Carey
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm
  • Carey being discussed here.

    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58187
    Image
    No last minute heroics will be needed this time.
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18559
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:It isn't obvious and if you think so your not paying attention to every other game he has reffed. Your paying attention with team bias, he called a bad game so he must hate us. Even if he has some bias subconsciously and that makes him not throw flags on our opponents, he has a whole crew that could have called something on the other team. It was poorly called, and we have shit luck, but we are not the only ones in the league with that kind of luck.

    Also, your definition of obvious bothers me. You may have some points, but that doesn't make it obvious. Obvious would be Carey leaving his mic on while telling another ref to screw us over, having an anti-Seahawks website, or running up to cause a fumble himself. An unfortunate trend is speculation.


    I'm sorry that the term obvious bothers you but it's obvious. Don't give me this he's just a bad ref. basically you are saying he is a bad ref and all his calls just happen to go against the hawks the last 5 years. Bs
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 923
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 pm
  • If it was obvious, I think someone other than us would have noticed it and he wouldn't be officiating the games for us and probably anyone else. I am not saying it isn't possible he would risk losing a cushy position by calling the game one sided against us, as stupid as a career decision as it may be, I am just saying I don't buy it. Stats can be misleading. Those one sided results show our "obvious" decision to play dirty against the other team.

    There is a chance that we did commit some stupid mistakes (we were one of the highest penalized team over the last few years) and got caught and there is just as good a chance that the unfortunate bad calls (which happen to every team) came at horribly unfortunate moments such as Leon's return. So yeah, I am calling him a bad ref. An unbiased and terrible example of the NFLs need to go full time with the suckers and take as much influence out of their hands as possible.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.


    Prove it......... :|

    EDIT: And by prove it, I mean provide at least 3 instances you can find "bias" in Carey's officiating.

    I get that he sucks. I agree with that. Didn't like the punt call. I don't think he's biased against the Hawks though.....
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:54 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.


    Prove it......... :|

    EDIT: And by prove it, I mean provide at least 3 instances you can find "bias" in Carey's officiating.

    I get that he sucks. I agree with that. Didn't like the punt call. I don't think he's biased against the Hawks though.....


    Prove oxygen exists. Prove the moon isn't made out of cheese. Prove you love your mom.

    There's plenty of evidence presented in this thread. Doubt anybody could "prove it" whether it's true or not. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14254
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:57 pm
  • You can prove Oxygen exists, the moon isn't made of cheese, and that you "love" your mom.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:You can prove Oxygen exists, the moon isn't made of cheese, and that you "love" your mom.



    lol.

    I just don't see enough evidence though. People claiming bias are over the top..... And people telling me to leave the thread, all I'm doing is voicing my opinion, as are the people going "That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS".
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5220
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:You can prove Oxygen exists, the moon isn't made of cheese, and that you "love" your mom.


    Somebody can. You can't. Neither can 515. And sometimes you can't prove if somebody is judging something with a bias even if they are.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14254
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Mike Carey and SEA since 2008
Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 pm
  • I can, but I get your point. I still can say that it is more likely that there is oxygen then magic flys that makes us breathe good. I think it is more likely he is unbiased and less likely he would risk everything to ruin our games.

    * edited to make more relevant.
    Last edited by sturg78 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1062
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information