Mike Carey since 2008

hawksfan515

Reaction score
hawkfan333":1waehmom said:
hawksfan515":1waehmom said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.
if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football

I'm tired of all you guys whining about refs. Everyone has problems with refs. Maybe if we lost it would be alright, but we pulled out the win, and this guy is trying to say Mike Carey is biased against us? yeah right... He just made a couple bad calls. happens.

zhawk

Reaction score
its not that we don't make penalties, i'm just amazed how other teams never seem to make any! just sayin.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
515, Mike Carey sucks. I have feared seeing his face in a Hawks game for 3 years now, and yesterday only confirmed my opinion.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Call me naive but I had no idea that Mike Carey and his crew had it out for us. Is he this bad calling other games or is he just a total douche against Seattle?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
zhawk":2l6j15aa said:
its not that we don't make penalties, i'm just amazed how other teams never seem to make any! just sayin.

If you watch the games and come back with some real proof, I will believe you... Didn't mean for this to come off overly rude BTW.

I watched the New Orleans game and quite honestly we deserved all those personal fouls against us. The Raheem Brock roughing the passer call was just frustrating.

The Browns game, the Kam Chancellor sack penalty was odd. He placed his helmet on McCoy's back, which is not allowed. Blame the bogus rule, IMO. And the phantom block in the back looked very real in real time, as the announcers noted. Blame Kennard Cox for being a dumbass as Leon had already passed him.

Pstark3

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1m75f9ha said:
Stop whining. We commit tons of penalties. I agreed with (mainly) all of them. All refs make bad calls, and we won the game. I'll take it.
You missed the game I take it

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Greenhell":rtca5p2k said:
Call me naive but I had no idea that Mike Carey and his crew had it out for us. Is he this bad calling other games or is he just a total douche against Seattle?
Every game he calls is a joke, and it isn't just Seattle. I have watched him call quite a few games, and he is just plain incompetent. I don't think he is anti-Seattle per se, but he is a horrible referee. The bullshit block in the back at Cleveland last year cost us the game.

Rainger

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1a4fj9nz said:
Crap he is not whinning. During the actual game in the Game thread I brought this up. I asked have we ever won when Carey is ref'ing the game with his crew. I asked if any one could find the the data because my recollection was we have never won when he has been the crew and we have always had bad calls against us. Thank you OP you have confirmed my suspisions that I have had for years with this crew. some one needs to get this to the NFL, or the the hawks if they are not on top of this and I am sure they are.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawksfan515":yk30pkqm said:
hawkfan333":yk30pkqm said:
hawksfan515":yk30pkqm said:
if you agreed with nearly all those penalties then you no absolutely nothing about football

I'm tired of all you guys whining about refs. Everyone has problems with refs. Maybe if we lost it would be alright, but we pulled out the win, and this guy is trying to say Mike Carey is biased against us? yeah right... He just made a couple bad calls. happens.
What game were you watching? The Marshawn fumble. The muffed punt that Maragos recovered. The low blocking foul on Farwell when he was dragged down by his face mask. The overturning of a TD to BE with inconclusive evidence to overturn.

Here's another idea...you're tired of people "whining about officials". Why continue to read and post in them?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1t4xpkdk said:
Greenhell":1t4xpkdk said:
Every game he calls is a joke, and it isn't just Seattle. I have watched him call quite a few games, and he is just plain incompetent. I don't think he is anti-Seattle per se, but he is a horrible referee. The bullshit block in the back at Cleveland last year cost us the game.

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly had no idea about him and his crew and their history with our team. And yes, that call did cost us the game.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Rose colored glasses be damned, that was a poorly officiated game. I don't care if it was Colts vs. Ravens, or Texans vs. Jaguars, I don't know how any football fan could be happy with the way that game was officiated, IMO.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3pz789aq said:
What game were you watching? The Marshawn fumble. The muffed punt that Maragos recovered. The low blocking foul on Farwell when he was dragged down by his face mask. The overturning of a TD to BE with inconclusive evidence to overturn.

Here's another idea...you're tired of people "whining about officials". Why continue to read and post in them?

I guess you missed the part where I said he made a couple of bad calls :roll:

The only one I hated was the muffed punt. That one was really bad. Lynch run we got very unlucky, probably shoulda been called down earlier but refs do us favors by letting those runs continue and Lynch get more yards.

The OP was trying to claim bias, and I don't think carey's biased. Plain and simple. Maybe he just sucks, like some people think, (not gonna argue that point, don't think he's that good) but I don't think he's biased.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I agree with this post. Mike Carey always calls a one sided game against us. It's obvious he has some hidden bias against us. The business connection is interesting. He should be banned from calling any Seattle games ever again but it won't happen.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Every fan base in the league would complain that Mike Carey's crew has screwed their team at some point or other. Every coaching staff knows them to be the most neurotic crew in the league.

sturg78

Reaction score
It isn't obvious. As someone else said, he just plain sucks at calling games. I don't think fans of many teams like him.

zhawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1y4fk95z said:
zhawk":1y4fk95z said:

If you watch the games and come back with some real proof, I will believe you... Didn't mean for this to come off overly rude BTW.

I watched the New Orleans game and quite honestly we deserved all those personal fouls against us. The Raheem Brock roughing the passer call was just frustrating.

The Browns game, the Kam Chancellor sack penalty was odd. He placed his helmet on McCoy's back, which is not allowed. Blame the bogus rule, IMO. And the phantom block in the back looked very real in real time, as the announcers noted. Blame Kennard Cox for being a dumbass as Leon had already passed him.

I DIDN'T SAY WE DIDN'T COMMIT PENALTIES... I said it's kinda funny the other teams have minimal penalties.... especially when the are like hits with no call on the other team for like hits on ours.

Seaswab

Reaction score
It's obvious. If you don't think so then you're not paying attention

sturg78

Reaction score
It isn't obvious and if you think so your not paying attention to every other game he has reffed. Your paying attention with team bias, he called a bad game so he must hate us. Even if he has some bias subconsciously and that makes him not throw flags on our opponents, he has a whole crew that could have called something on the other team. It was poorly called, and we have shit luck, but we are not the only ones in the league with that kind of luck.

Also, your definition of obvious bothers me. You may have some points, but that doesn't make it obvious. Obvious would be Carey leaving his mic on while telling another ref to screw us over, having an anti-Seahawks website, or running up to cause a fumble himself. An unfortunate trend is speculation.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If it were simply him calling a bad game, then like the replacement refs, you'd see bad calls going both ways. In 8 games with Seattle, all the bad calls have gone ONE way - against Seattle. That's not bad officiating, that's BIAS.

zhawk

Reaction score
I saw that too and don't want to believe it, but it was very strange.