He is not RW3, He is DangeRuss

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
taz291819":2iqkzzks said:
EastCoastHawksFan":2iqkzzks said:
I like DangeRuss , also RussellMania .

"first name Russell last name Wilson" is my favorite. thanks deion sanders for that.

I like it also. Seems some of the media has taken to it.

Okay, I admit to being hopelessly out of touch, but could you tell me what song Deion Sanders is taking the "First Name Russell, Last Name Wilson" from?

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
While DangeRuss is okay, I also prefer the last name approach. As for a nickname, I'm sticking with "Will It" Wilson. Rolls off the tongue, it's unique, not derivative, and indicative of Wilson's ability to WILL the Seahawks to WIN!

BTW, we need to get THIS going at the Clink!
[youtube]ur-gnEd6xrg[/youtube]

hawker84

Reaction score
"Will I'ts" Russell will it's???watchooo talkin bout Willis... Na doesn't roll off my tongue.. and again, where does the 3 come from ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
razgriz737":lfayewcf said:
RW3 makes him sound like a RGIII knock-off. He deserves better.

Slick nicknames are for selling cereal and sneakers. I say we admire Wilson for not caring about cool nicknames. Let RG3 waste his time meeting with ad agencies, Wilson will be studying game film to beat his ass.

edogg23

Reaction score
Hopefully Wilson gets some endorsement deals, the guy is not going to earn what he is worth for several years.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ern9dfw4 said:
razgriz737":ern9dfw4 said:
RW3 makes him sound like a RGIII knock-off. He deserves better.

Slick nicknames are for selling cereal and sneakers. I say we admire Wilson for not caring about cool nicknames. Let RG3 waste his time meeting with ad agencies, Wilson will be studying game film to beat his ass.

Yep, Russell Wilson never meets with ad agencies... :roll: I guess Levi's just happened to catch Russell walking around town that time right? All high profile athletes do this type of stuff, their name is a valuable commodity. Especially for a guy like Wilson, who is making a tiny amount comparatively to the rest of the QB field, the more name recognition the better. Don't fool yourself to think that Wilson is any different in that aspect.

The difference is the emphasis place upon it by us fans, that is all.

Largent80

Reaction score
razor150":yccnrzb2 said:
RW3 and DangeRuss are both stupid. One says he us a clone of another player, and the other is just dumb. I am not a big fan of nicknames to begin with, they are just childish.

And please, not another Mighty Mouse.

ALL of this for the win.../thread

hawker84

Reaction score
edogg23":20hwwr83 said:
Hopefully Wilson gets some endorsement deals, the guy is not going to earn what he is worth for several years.

this, 500,000 he's scheduled to make next year. which if it was me, i'd be jumping for joy, but for an NFL starting QB, table scraps... gotta get what you can while you can.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think RW's actual name should just double as his nickname. I have never heard a player called by both his first and last name more than Russell Wilson. It's always "RussellWilson". Never Russell, never Wilson...it's "RussellWilson". Catchy enuff. Let's roll with it. His parents thank you, I thank you.