How confident are you all about a win this weekend?

ensett

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rn8ljkh said:
ensett":1rn8ljkh said:
Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league

Didn't we hear that in week one?

This would mark the 5th or 6th time that our defensive line was suppose to have their way with an inferior or banged up offensive line, and it's yet to come to fruition. Our D Line is also banged up and not performing as well as they should, so don't count on us manhandling Arizona's line.

We heard it, but it isnt the same this time. Skelton is bad, but I am better than Lindley, he isnt an NFL player. Their oline seems to have gotten worse, not to mention they have lost a lot of RBs since week 1. And we aren't on the road this time, we are going to destroy that offense. They just cut Todd Heap, most of their WRs are hurt. They are in shambles.

razgriz737

Reaction score
ensett":1axxiqbo said:
Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way
Just playing Devil's Advocate, the Bears have one of the worst OL's in the league, and we all know how that worked out.

I hope the Bears game sparked something or made something click, but the Hawks have shown they are fully capable of laying an egg (Miami, St. Louis). I'm cautiously confident.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1moag11r said:

Well Aros, I got the other 00.1% covered for ya :lol:
I'm confident in a win, but not at all enough to take Larry Fitz. for granted.

calihawk

Reaction score
How can anyone be confident with two suspensions pending that would weaken an already

shaky defense? .

Hello ! we haven't beat anyone in the nfc west .

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good God, some of you sound like we are playing this game in Arizona. Have SOME faith. Haven't they lost 8 straight? You do recall, that up until last Sunday, our losses come on THE ROAD.

ensett

Reaction score
razgriz737":2nvu1rxr said:
ensett":2nvu1rxr said:
Cardinals have the worst QB and worst Oline in the league, and they'll be in our house. I don't see how we dont destroy that offense so badly and set a couple record along the way
Just playing Devil's Advocate, the Bears have one of the worst OL's in the league, and we all know how that worked out.

I hope the Bears game sparked something or made something click, but the Hawks have shown they are fully capable of laying an egg (Miami, St. Louis). I'm cautiously confident.

That is true, but the Cards wont get the benefit of playing at home, and Cutler is probably a little quicker and smarter than whoever the Cards got

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
calihawk":s6o4jb3z said:
How can anyone be confident with two suspensions pending that would weaken an already

shaky defense? .

Both Sherman and Browner are playing against Arizona. Sherman's hearing isn't until Dec. 14, and Browner's hasn't even been scheduled yet.

And anywways, of all the teams to play without either one of them -- you couldn't pick a better offense than that train wreck Arizona has.

Largent80

Reaction score
hawker84":18ll8aqg said:
one of the better young D's in the league, i'm not touching this with a 10ft pole.

Well I have a 10 foot pole and I'm touching it... :shock:

We will kick their ass. They have a decent defense, but in case you haven't noticed. We have a decent offense now, and at home, and payback is a mother ......

razgriz737

Reaction score
Aros":16cgaljs said:
Good God, some of you sound like we are playing this game in Arizona. Have SOME faith. Haven't they lost 8 straight? You do recall, that up until last Sunday, our losses come on THE ROAD.
I think the Miami game just ruined my confidence for a little while. I was 100% sure we were going to wipe the floor with them, haha.

I do think we will beat the Tards, but I'm not exactly writing this off as an auto-win.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawker84":2boiy12k said:
one of the better young D's in the league, i'm not touching this with a 10ft pole.

Wasn't the BEARS suppose to be an amazing defense too, and even more ballhawking? Chicago got all the breaks and still lost. This is a home game where the team plays at a higher level. WE SHOULD WIN. I expect to win. If we don't win, it will be the worst loss of the season.

There's no reason SEattle shouldn't have 8 wins come next Monday.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
calihawk":180ewkom said:

shaky defense? .

The suspensions won't mean a thing this week. Both will play (not that we need them too).

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess the chest thumping is what it's all about, otherwise why post on an NFL forum? I am confident the team will win. I also have followed this team since 1979 so sorry if I don't get all fired up and feel they are invincible.

I remain in a show me mode. I am enjoying the season but 9-7 was my pre-season pick so kool-aid will not be drank until 10th win is rang up.

Still, it has been a great party so far. Continue while I remain a wallflower. (smile).

Tundra

Reaction score
I'm very confident about this game! The game that actually scare me is the Rams game! They have got nothing to lose and everything to gain. They will be trying to build momentum to carry over to next season.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
I'm tired of us as a beat down "show me" fan base. Stand up. Believe. I know we've been beaten down by high expectations leading to emotional cliffs, but this is a team that is worth believing in. Russell Wilson, even when he was in scared rookie mode, gave us a chance to win every single game we've played this year. When was the last time you could say that about a Seahawks team? Sure, we haven't beaten anyone in the NFCW yet, but we lost all 3 games on the road by 1 score or less. Now they get to come into the meat grinder that is SEAHAWKS STADIUM. Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley, KURT WARNER it doesn't matter. This team does not lose at home right now. They just don't do it. A close road loss = a big home win for this team. That's just the way I see it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Could they lose, sure...this is the NFL all 106 guys on the two active rosters is one of the best at what they do, but that minute chance that Arizona MIGHT win isn't going to change what I think should and probably will happen.

This is our team, its no longer the doormat underachievers. This is a tough hard nosed hungry club that is worth your support win or lose, good or bad. What happened in 1997 has no bearing except on your own psyche's. Learn to love again people. Learn to trust again. This team is worth it, and even if they break your heart, know that they went down swinging to the very last snap.

drdiags

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":rhuelt0x said:
I'm tired of us as a beat down "show me" fan base. Stand up. Believe. I know we've been beaten down by high expectations leading to emotional cliffs, but this is a team that is worth believing in. Russell Wilson, even when he was in scared rookie mode, gave us a chance to win every single game we've played this year. When was the last time you could say that about a Seahawks team? Sure, we haven't beaten anyone in the NFCW yet, but we lost all 3 games on the road by 1 score or less. Now they get to come into the meat grinder that is SEAHAWKS STADIUM. Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindley, KURT WARNER it doesn't matter. This team does not lose at home right now. They just don't do it. A close road loss = a big home win for this team. That's just the way I see it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Could they lose, sure...this is the NFL all 106 guys on the two active rosters is one of the best at what they do, but that minute chance that Arizona MIGHT win isn't going to change what I think should and probably will happen.

This is our team, its no longer the doormat underachievers. This is a tough hard nosed hungry club that is worth your support win or lose, good or bad. What happened in 1997 has no bearing except on your own psyche's. Learn to love again people. Learn to trust again. This team is worth it, and even if they break your heart, know that they went down swinging to the very last snap.

I am tired of loud mouth, let me tell you how to be a fan types. Support the team as you will. Don't try to tell me how I should. You same superfan types are the ones running here to bitch when the team screws up and want to fire the entire coaching staff. Vote me off the island or make me a foe, I do not care. Just spare me the speech. I am not telling anyone else how to support their team. I don't get on here and rag them win or lose so spare me.

Thanks for the positive spin, maybe it will sink in. Or not.

EDIT: BTW, 1979, not 1997, if that even matters.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
drdiags":q2adxhy6 said:
Navyhawkfan187":q2adxhy6 said:

I am tired of loud mouth, let me tell you how to be a fan type. Support the team as you will. Don't try to tell me how I should. You same superfan types are the ones running here to bitch when the team screws up and want to fire the entire coaching staff. Vote me off the island or make me a foe, I do not care. Just spare me the speech. I am not telling anyone else how to support their team. I don't get on here and rag them win or lose so spare me.

Thanks for the positive spin, maybe it will sink in. Or not.

You didn't describe me at all but nice try. I lived on an aircraft carrier for 5 years in the early 2000's as the only Seahawks fan out of 100+ guys. NFL was what we talked 90% of the time when we weren't focused on actually doing our jobs fixing lights for someone or whatever. I had to learn to scrape and fight for my team's respect. I had to go to work the morning after XL and hear it from EVERY single person I knew. Morning muster all 100 guys...looking at me...so yeah. I get why people are in a show me mode all the time.

I just don't understand it. I've never once this year posted that we should "fire all the coaches and cut everyone" that sort of attitude is why I've been a member of this site for as long as I have but rarely post.

But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again. The over sensitive knee-jerk reactionary style around here just doesn't fit me. Thanks, take care. Enjoy the ride, this is a fun one regardless of record at the end of it.

edit: I pulled 1997 as an arbitrary year...I could have said 1986 too...just pointing out that the past is in the past and has 0 impact on the present, especially considering how few players/coaches are left from even 4 years ago.