The reason I became a fan, and a man, has left this life.

Fox0r

Reaction score
My grandfather stepped in the void my dad left (he was never around in my life) and he died when I was ten years old. He too is why I am a Seahawks fan today. When he died, it was like I lost a part of myself. I know how you feel, and it is painful beyond words. Just know there are people here for you if you need them for love and support. My condolences for your loss, man.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I can just imagine your grandfather having a conversation with the big man upstairs along the lines of....."Isn't it time the Hawks made it back to the Super Bowl?"

Focus on the good memories, and know that he's in a better place.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Gramps this time last year. He was to me what yours was to you. I am very sorry niether man saw the Hawks (officially) win it all.

Only recently have I stopped thinking about giving him a call. That's the really tough part. Stay busy my friend. It helps.

Rainger

Reaction score
DericLee":1w9jrr34 said:
My grandfather, the man who raised me, has just lost his fight with his fourth cancer.

He got me into football when I was five, and created a die hard 12th man in the process.

Even though he stopped watching after 2005(for his health he said), he has always followed from the fringes.

I am grateful for everything I learned from him, and I will miss him.

RIP Richard Hodge
You have great memories and left you a Hawks legacy. RIP, condolances to you.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
RIP. The World loses another teacher. If you want to honor his memory, maybe when it's your turn to be the teacher, you'll remember his patience, remember his passion, remember his love of the game.

May the circle be unbroken....

beasthawk

Reaction score
Hard to imagine how you feel, sorry about Grandpa, hopefully the hawks honor him and go to the Super Bowl this year.

samwize77

Reaction score
My condolences D. May your loved one find peace and fly in the wind with hawks!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like he left you with some great memories, though.

Latest posts