Announcers for Sunday vs AZ

HawkFan72

Reaction score
quadsas":4dznoncw said:
I like these guys. Seem to be clearly unbiased and calls out refs.

Yup. It's funny if you listen to them, they seem to be getting to know all our players and even are seeming to root for them at times. They call out the refs too. They are basically becoming the personal announcers for all Seahawk games!

djb28

Reaction score
Wherever Jaime Maggio rolls is the crew I want to announce. Her lips are fun to watch!

Keyhawk

Reaction score
As some of us posted last week, Myers and Ryan seem to be the official crew covering our games. Anyway, I enjoy listening to their call of our games. Also, Ryan exhibits a high level of knowledge about the Seahawks on his Movin' the Chains show on XM, where he often refers to his game coverage when he talks about our team.

mikeak

Reaction score
Easier on the crew as they already studied the one team....

Wonder if Fox does this somewhat on purpose the more a team does one of the teams over again the easier it would be for them and they should sound better.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Every week Ryan has Pete Carroll on his radio show with Pat Kirwan. Ryan has ties to the Niners, he calls their pre-season so he seems to know the NFC west teams pretty well. Plus the USC alum thing. I like these guys best out of all Fox crews.
I like this crew because they seem to have the sideline microphones turned up so you can hear a lot of the on field chatter. I don't know if that is a Fox vs CBS thing, or each crew is different.

blue 22

Reaction score
I like the fact that they have been forced to watch so many of our games. All it does is make them more knowledgeable about the seahawks and that is beneficial for us viewers.

kearly

Reaction score
Barthawk":2lpclql4 said:
Ryan is a USC alum.. that is prolly why is likes Carroll so much..

Actually it all makes sense now. He played at USC in 1989, meaning that he first gained his ability to grow beards at some time during the 1980s. Miami Vice aired from 1984 to 1989.

Riley12

Reaction score
HawkFan72":122eyauh said:
quadsas":122eyauh said:

Yup. It's funny if you listen to them, they seem to be getting to know all our players and even are seeming to root for them at times. They call out the refs too. They are basically becoming the personal announcers for all Seahawk games!

I think they have been pulling slightly for the Seahawks as well. To us, that comes across as "unbiased", but I'd be
curious to hear what the fans of our opponents think.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Riley12":ehmrubzm said:
HawkFan72":ehmrubzm said:
quadsas":ehmrubzm said:

I think they have been pulling slightly for the Seahawks as well. To us, that comes across as "unbiased", but I'd be
curious to hear what the fans of our opponents think.
They hated these two guys on the Bears boards. Hated them and everything they said during the game. Ryan played for the Bears for three years, and he posted great sack numbers in college, but did very little for the Bears. The antipathy for him goes beyond him favoring the Hawks a bit in his broadcast.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":24opl0ao said:
They hated these two guys on the Bears boards. Hated them.

They happen to say why? Other than calling Russell Wilson something other than a short, crappy QB who didn't deserve to beat the Bears, that is.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":aswkg49r said:
Scottemojo":aswkg49r said:
They hated these two guys on the Bears boards. Hated them.

They happen to say why? Other than calling Russell Wilson something other than a short, crappy QB who didn't deserve to beat the Bears, that is.
I edited, see above. Plus, he had 4.5 sacks and 5 tackles in 4 seasons. Then a back issue ended his career. Not good for a 3rd rounder.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Better than Buck, Billick or Martz, and Tim Ryan is pretty cool. But I have never heard an announcer more disinterested in what he calls than Chris Myers.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":133mo6rv said:
But I have never heard an announcer more disinterested in what he calls than Chris Myers.

True, he is no Steve Raible :lol:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hmm. Am I going to be the only one to go out on a limb here and say that I despise Ryan's broadcasting? Guess so. Just can't stand him.

Latest posts