Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck have played 7 common teams

DTexHawk

Reaction score
It's obvious that RW is having a great year and statistically is better than Luck, but it's also obvious that he has been "restricted" by the play calling. If you "forced" RW to throw nearly 20 additional times a game, the spread between the 2 might not be so great.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
NFL avg 1.9 pct passes batted. Wilson 1.6. Weeden 3.5, Dalton 3.4, Freeman 3.1, Tannehill 3.0, Luck 3.0

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DTexHawk":1khisyat said:
It's obvious that RW is having a great year and statistically is better than Luck, but it's also obvious that he has been "restricted" by the play calling. If you "forced" RW to throw nearly 20 additional times a game, the spread between the 2 might not be so great.
I doubt it. Indy is running 10 more snaps per game than Seattle, for one. That accounts for part of the difference in throwing. But the biggest part of the difference is in a stat not mentioned in this thread. Luck has run for 5 touchdowns in the red zone, which has cut some of his touchdown opportunities.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
mikeak":37vxwzwj said:
Luck did come in to a team that won 1 game last year (or did they win 2? - doesn't matter they sucked).

Not disagreeing, just spinning a little here. Was Indy really a suck a$$ 2-14 team last year? Or, were they the previous four years team of 14-2, 12-4, 13-3, 10-6 that was simply sucking for Luck?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
What's amazing is Wilson is getting it done with this less than stellar receiving corp. Our leading receiver Rice was out most of last year and the year before. Luck has Reggie Wayne (88 catches), Donnie Avery, TY Hilton. RG3 has Pierre Garcon and Santana Moss.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2q9ehw9d said:
mikeak":2q9ehw9d said:
Luck did come in to a team that won 1 game last year (or did they win 2? - doesn't matter they sucked).

Not disagreeing, just spinning a little here. Was Indy really a suck a$$ 2-14 team last year? Or, were they the previous four years team of 14-2, 12-4, 13-3, 10-6 that was simply sucking for Luck?

Are you aware that a certain player that might have been kinda important to the team didnt play last year?

Reaction score
I think many of the comments are even more entertaining than the article.

Here's one I loved:

"As a Niner fan I am glad about Kaep, but how can other Niner fans continue to want to suck off Alex Smith with Russell Wilson in his rookie year has been better than Smith in his best year."

:laugh:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":gmi8bnpj said:
SoCalSeahawk":gmi8bnpj said:
mikeak":gmi8bnpj said:

Are you aware that a certain player that might have been kinda important to the team didnt play last year?

Probably the greatest QB of the modern era and arguably of all time? That guy?

Overall, I find the "Luck vs. Wilson" debate to be silly, particularly when we're talking about two rookies who have played 12 whole games. Wilson has helped this team more than reasonable expectations would have dictated, and that is all that matters. I'm very glad the guy didn't get noticed before the draft because that means this team got him.