Carpenter IR'ed

CANHawk

Reaction score
"non-football related injury"? dafuq? What, did he pull something at pilates? Did he hurt himself while sailing? I didn't think Carpenter did much "non-football related" anything besides eat a gym bag full of burritos and sleep. I didn't realize "being fat" was now classified as a "non-football related injury".

BillHawks

Reaction score
The non-football thing is a little concerning after googling it and seeing that the last few guys added to that list were all having some kind of mental/emotional issues.

Hope all is well.

Edit: also for things like cancer and other medical issues unrelated to football. Not really comfortable joking about him if it could be that serious.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
CANHawk":1c4yju1j said:
"non-football related injury"? dafuq? What, did he pull something at pilates? Did he hurt himself while sailing? I didn't think Carpenter did much "non-football related" anything besides eat a gym bag full of burritos and sleep. I didn't realize "being fat" was now classified as a "non-football related injury".

This

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
BillHawks":2o6o3nx2 said:
The non-football thing is a little concerning after googling it and seeing that the last few guys added to that list were all having some kind of mental/emotional issues.

Hope all is well.
That's what I was sort of thinking about, not him being "fat".

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
John Clayton explained on KIRO radio this afternoon that the injury/illness is not related to football activities... so we really don't know what the issue is.

Time will tell.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":1126mmji said:
Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.

He was?

razgriz737

Reaction score
I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":sehhmm2o said:
Fuzzman55":sehhmm2o said:

He was?

Yep, he was an improvement over the other guards inside. The strongest interior point of attack lineman we had. I hate to lose him, but he needs to get healthy.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":15ow6grb said:
Tech Worlds":15ow6grb said:
Fuzzman55":15ow6grb said:

He was?

Yep, he was an improvement over the other guards inside. The strongest interior point of attack lineman we had. I hate to lose him, but he needs to get healthy.
From what I could tell, he was definitely contributing to our good run-blocking.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
FYI From Sando

@espn_nfcwest: Use of non-football illness list for James Carpenter likely means injury more cumulative than suffered at any 1 moment. Result same.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if he's suffering from depression - he seemed to struggle a bit mentally with getting over his injury. Maybe they want to get his body and head right for next year.

sturg78

Reaction score
rpmischris":bws011n2 said:

Didn't take long for the first moronic "bust" call to be thrown out. Thank god some of you champs are not GMs :roll:

MrCarey

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":39rhq95l said:
I am not liking this draft pick at all right now.

This one has not panned out.

Nope, he hasn't been on the field at all and it's getting annoying.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":2m2tnrw9 said:
I wonder if he's suffering from depression - he seemed to struggle a bit mentally with getting over his injury. Maybe they want to get his body and head right for next year.
I doubt it. Many thought he'd be out the whole season, but he worked his butt off and got back a lot sooner than expected. In retrospect, maybe he should've slowed it down and fully recovered.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The strength of this draft is the interior OL. We just might see a high round pick there, and Carp might have to fight for his job, like everyone else has had to do.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":30fqg2by said:
Tech Worlds":30fqg2by said:
Fuzzman55":30fqg2by said:

He was?

You said he was "a very good player", which I think is disrespectful to all the very good players in this league.

Average and perhaps getting better? I can buy that.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
We have exactly ZERO "very good" guards on this roster. Moffit is a joke as is our rookie DT convert Sweezy although there is always hope for a cat named Sweezy and McQuistan. and McQuistan. We got serviceable and we got hopeful but we aint got nothing to write home about.

Moffit is a booger eating freak too. But you wanna have a beer with him. Woo Hoo!

And Dammit!! I had high hopes for Carpal. He is powerful. But Im glad I will never see his big ass hanging out of his pants again this year!!