Seahawk just waived Braylon Edwards

-The Glove-

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1dc5mhaw said:
The lesson here is... don't post stupid things on your Twitter feed.
What did Braylon say on Twitter?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
-The Glove-":216srrnu said:
theENGLISHseahawk":216srrnu said:

He said something about the Jets along the lines of blaming the idiots calling the shots

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Happypuppy":36bfg6d2 said:
-The Glove-":36bfg6d2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":36bfg6d2 said:

He said something about the Jets along the lines of blaming the idiots calling the shots

Why would that get him cut? I don't believe it.

He simply was not a part of what we are building here.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it had to do with the tweet and making a mockery of them basically, if your Richard Sherman and have been putting it up is one thing, if you are Edwards and not and running your mouth it's another. Kearse can get open and where he may drop the wide open balls at times he seems to catch everything in traffic and when it counts.

Rainger

Reaction score

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
With Rice going through concussion test this seems like a bad time, no?

chris98251

Reaction score
Rice doesn't have a concussion fro what i read somehwere earlier.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
SeahawkGeoff":12rsai47 said:
With Rice going through concussion test this seems like a bad time, no?

He already passed the tests on Sunday, if I remember correctly.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds" Why would that get him cut? I don't believe it. He simply was not a part of what we are building here.[/quote said:
The timing can't be a coincidence. The guy was playing on Sunday and made plays. Doesn't fit with the re-build = you're out in the off-season. Not after featuring in a win against the Bears.

Edwards was on trial the whole year and tweeting trash to the Jets management instead of concentrating on Arizona is what's led to his release. It was no business of his to tweet that this week. Stupid move and it's rightly cost him a job.

sc85sis

Reaction score
And he'll have to pass them again before he can practice tomorrow. They aren't going to take any chances, especially with his concussion history.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":80pmm7wo said:
Heap is nobody's long term answer, but I think we can squeeze a few games out of him. He can't be any worse than Evan Moore.
Yeah, I like Evan Moore, Even Less :16:

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
From what I read he still has to pass for practice. So it's not the perfect situation. I think Edwards must have been hurt and obviously not playing up to expectations not that he had many chances to. They also must feel confident that Rice is okay.

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said the team will put WR Sidney Rice (head) through the concussion program. Carroll would not call Rice's injury a concussion, but said the team wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with Rice. 'He's going to go through the process,' Carroll said. 'We want to be very careful and make sure we know what we're doing. He'll go through the whole sequence of the tests and stuff, and probably we will determine on Wednesday where he is for Thursday's practice.'

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3qm1cqn5 said:
Hawkstorian":3qm1cqn5 said:
Heap is nobody's long term answer, but I think we can squeeze a few games out of him. He can't be any worse than Evan Moore.
Yeah, I like Evan Moore, Even Less :16:

Post of the day

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It ticked me off when he didn't go up and fight for the ball that got knocked away. If he jumped and put his hands up for the grab, the defender would not have been in position to knock it down.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Anyone think these roster moves could at be related to dropping the appeals?

MrCarey

Reaction score
lukerguy":2w7ujoad said:
Anyone think these roster moves could at be related to dropping the appeals?

I don't think they drop the appeals, but I think it's because they are going to lose the appeals.

Hawks46

Reaction score
That's really weird, I thought he actually looked pretty good on Sunday. he was getting separation. I don't remember the announcers saying Edwards lost a step, but I did hear Ryan say that Wilson underthrew that ball, which was totally correct.

Edwards had to slow down to get the ball, and it allowed the Chi DB to catch up. Maybe his knee flared up again, and the Seahawks didn't want to waste a roster spot to wait around for it to get better again.