Seahawk just waived Braylon Edwards

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Seahawk just waived Braylon Edwards
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm
  • [quote="Tech Worlds"
    Why would that get him cut? I don't believe it.

He simply was not a part of what we are building here.[/quote]

The timing can't be a coincidence. The guy was playing on Sunday and made plays. Doesn't fit with the re-build = you're out in the off-season. Not after featuring in a win against the Bears.

Edwards was on trial the whole year and tweeting trash to the Jets management instead of concentrating on Arizona is what's led to his release. It was no business of his to tweet that this week. Stupid move and it's rightly cost him a job.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm
  • And he'll have to pass them again before he can practice tomorrow. They aren't going to take any chances, especially with his concussion history.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Heap is nobody's long term answer, but I think we can squeeze a few games out of him. He can't be any worse than Evan Moore.

Yeah, I like Evan Moore, Even Less :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm
  • From what I read he still has to pass for practice. So it's not the perfect situation. I think Edwards must have been hurt and obviously not playing up to expectations not that he had many chances to. They also must feel confident that Rice is okay.

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said the team will put WR Sidney Rice (head) through the concussion program. Carroll would not call Rice's injury a concussion, but said the team wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with Rice. 'He's going to go through the process,' Carroll said. 'We want to be very careful and make sure we know what we're doing. He'll go through the whole sequence of the tests and stuff, and probably we will determine on Wednesday where he is for Thursday's practice.'
    SeahawkGeoff
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Hawkstorian wrote:Heap is nobody's long term answer, but I think we can squeeze a few games out of him. He can't be any worse than Evan Moore.

Yeah, I like Evan Moore, Even Less :16:

Post of the day
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm
  • He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm
  • It ticked me off when he didn't go up and fight for the ball that got knocked away. If he jumped and put his hands up for the grab, the defender would not have been in position to knock it down.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm
  • Anyone think these roster moves could at be related to dropping the appeals?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:26 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Anyone think these roster moves could at be related to dropping the appeals?

I don't think they drop the appeals, but I think it's because they are going to lose the appeals.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:01 pm
  • That's really weird, I thought he actually looked pretty good on Sunday. he was getting separation. I don't remember the announcers saying Edwards lost a step, but I did hear Ryan say that Wilson underthrew that ball, which was totally correct.

Edwards had to slow down to get the ball, and it allowed the Chi DB to catch up. Maybe his knee flared up again, and the Seahawks didn't want to waste a roster spot to wait around for it to get better again.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:That's really weird, I thought he actually looked pretty good on Sunday. he was getting separation. I don't remember the announcers saying Edwards lost a step, but I did hear Ryan say that Wilson underthrew that ball, which was totally correct.

Edwards had to slow down to get the ball, and it allowed the Chi DB to catch up. Maybe his knee flared up again, and the Seahawks didn't want to waste a roster spot to wait around for it to get better again.

I heard them say something about losing a step and maybe how he normally would've gone up and fought for that ball.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:56 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:He lost his job because on the underthrown deep ball from Wilson, he tried to body catch when the only play was to go get it with the hands. Forget the foux TD, that was the play that sealed his fate.

Great point, I'd forgotten about that play. He gave such minimal effort on that ball -- both Rice and GT would've probably come down w/ it.
    BWRyan
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 pm
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.

I've been as big a critic of McCoy as anybody, but he seems to have done a decent job w/ his opportunities this year. Also seems to be used more as a blocking back.
    BWRyan
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.

McCoy has actually been solid this year imo when thrown too not to mention is a good blocker, i don't remember any drops from him.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:04 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:[quote="Tech Worlds"
    Why would that get him cut? I don't believe it.

He simply was not a part of what we are building here.

The timing can't be a coincidence. The guy was playing on Sunday and made plays. Doesn't fit with the re-build = you're out in the off-season. Not after featuring in a win against the Bears.

Edwards was on trial the whole year and tweeting trash to the Jets management instead of concentrating on Arizona is what's led to his release. It was no business of his to tweet that this week. Stupid move and it's rightly cost him a job.[/quote]

You said it so it must be true.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 am
  • I see a DB being added,perhaps the safety on the ps-Snead.I expect some corners to be added to the practice squad to prepare for the suspension.I also heard Tru would have probably been IRd as well but because of the looming suspension and appeals he would be ready by the time it took place.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 am
  • If the Seahawks got offers for Edwards, then it's a shame they didn't move him.

I don't get this move. Edwards has made tough catches, and has been under-utilized. At least for me I've found him to have been a pleasant surprise this season. He was signed here as Sidney Rice insurance, and for a minute in the Chicago game, it looked like Rice might leave soldier field in an ambulance. He didn't, but it was a reminder of how quickly things change with injuries.

Maybe Edwards got hurt. Maybe the FO badly needed a roster spot and he was the most expendable. Maybe they wanted an excuse to increase Kearse's rep count (I hope so). Maybe they wanted to save an extra $200k (Edwards' remaining salary for 2012) to add to next year's cap (it's looking very tight so every bit helps). Or maybe they didn't like him anymore (that would be the part I couldn't understand), especially since they passed on the chance to trade him not even a month ago.

As far as Rob's theory about Twitter, I see no evidence to back that up, but I do think that PC/JS are capable of cutting a backup over something like that. They cut Lendale White in a heartbeat for not having a good attitude, and the Curry trade was fast tracked after he made some moronic comments on twitter regarding his benching.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:20 am
  • kearly wrote:If the Seahawks got offers for Edwards, then it's a shame they didn't move him.

I don't get this move. Edwards has made tough catches, and has been under-utilized. At least for me I've found him to have been a pleasant surprise this season. He was signed here as Sidney Rice insurance, and for a minute in the Chicago game, it looked like Rice might leave soldier field in an ambulance. He didn't, but it was a reminder of how quickly things change with injuries.

Maybe Edwards got hurt. Maybe the FO badly needed a roster spot and he was the most expendable. Maybe they wanted an excuse to increase Kearse's rep count (I hope so). Maybe they wanted to save an extra $200k (Edwards' remaining salary for 2012) to add to next year's cap (it's looking very tight so every bit helps). Or maybe they didn't like him anymore (that would be the part I couldn't understand), especially since they passed on the chance to trade him not even a month ago.

As far as Rob's theory about Twitter, I see no evidence to back that up, but I do think that PC/JS are capable of cutting a backup over something like that. They cut Lendale White in a heartbeat for not having a good attitude, and the Curry trade was fast tracked after he made some moronic comments on twitter regarding his benching.

80's beard was saying on the radio today that he watched Edwards during the Bears game and said that Edwards tried to run by Tillman on a pass play, and couldn't. Tillman stuck right in his back pocket and this forced Wilson to hang onto the ball as he felt Wilson didn't want to risk the throw. It was 80's beards opinion that Edwards simply didn't have it anymore. He had become just a jump ball receiver and not worth the roster spot.

Also Tuesday is the day that cuts happen. After Tuesdays players salaries are paid for that week. That's why you see cuts and IR moves on Tuesdays.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    kearly wrote:If the Seahawks got offers for Edwards, then it's a shame they didn't move him.

That makes more sense than just the Twitter comment. Why waste a roster spot on a player that can't get open.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information