Could Bevell leave?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3cavxw3j said:
Nobodys asking for perfection...but how is running it at the 2 strongest tackles on a D over and over good playcalling?

Isn't Cable in charge of crafting the plan for the run game?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3n52fa6h said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3n52fa6h said:
chris98251":3n52fa6h said:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.

I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.

Can never admit you might be wrong about something can you, yes Pete stole the idea from Shanahan, He smarltly implemented it in our offense. We were talking about the Game on SUNDAY and who called the plays on the game winning and tieing drives that you were so ardently defending Bevell on.

I admit I'm wrong on plenty of things. Just debate the point and stop making it personal. I read it as a general point at the start. It's not hard to see why I'd think that.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1cx8329w said:
-The Glove-":1cx8329w said:
Nobodys asking for perfection...but how is running it at the 2 strongest tackles on a D over and over good playcalling?

Isn't Cable in charge of crafting the plan for the run game?
Maybe...is he calling the plays in-game though? If it's not working all game, go with something else.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Miami end of game playcalling had more fingerprints on it than just Bevell's. Besides, the D choked much worse.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":663ofwo2 said:
We have no idea who is responsible. All I know is I've watched the game again tonight and Bevell is constantly speaking to RW. He is at the forefront of everything. And I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the OC and playcaller rather than second guess who does what.

And so should everyone else really. It seriously sounds at times like Hawks fans just make up their mind and that's that. See: Flynn/Wilson, Bevell, previously Gus Bradley etc etc.

I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
"Especially in the last, fourth quarter and the end of the game as well, (I was telling the coaches), 'Hey, that read option is wide open pretty much,'" Wilson said. "So we just have to trust the process, and make sure I'm making the right reads."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will progress with or without Bevell.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1auov7le said:
I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.

Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.

No, I'm talking about the two drives where he masterfully executed the zone read offense that Bevell was calling. That was part of the game plan.

And people calling Bevell out for being conservative against Miami - again - need to remember what Pete's philosophy is here. Carroll had as much say in that as anyone IMO.

So you thought it was general discussion yet you commented on the specific details of waht we were talking about.

I guess I can't believe what I read.

sturg78

Reaction score
If this happened, who would be a good pick up for O-coordinator? Andy Reid?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3noefzny said:
So you thought it was general discussion yet you commented on the specific details of waht we were talking about.

I guess I can't believe what I read.

What are you even talking about?

You wrote: "Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it." I read that as it being his idea initially and said it was Carroll's idea. You were referring to the Chicago game specifically and not in general. It's not hard to work out why I read it as I did. And it's hardly worth arguing the toss over.

But don't worry, Pehawk will be here in a moment to tell you your clogging the discussion up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":o83bo5dp said:
pehawk":o83bo5dp said:

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.

Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.

You chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
chris98251":3rj0tkrf said:
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.
How about Norv Turner?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":44ymx77f said:
You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.

pehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":30mlb5xd said:
chris98251":30mlb5xd said:

How about Norv Turner?

Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1o8wyspw said:
pehawk":1o8wyspw said:
You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.

Dont forget your shinebox, manners and humility.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1zwrjlo3 said:
pehawk":1zwrjlo3 said:

Lumping everyone together like you did here doesn't promote discussion, it says this vague group of fans you have labeled as Seahawk fans need to be as smart as you.

Just call out specific statements from specific posters instead of generalizing. Especially since you are using the "everyone complains about the OC" argument. Lots of OCs get fired every year, so sometimes fans must be right, right?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":31yntnf6 said:
-The Glove-":31yntnf6 said:
chris98251":31yntnf6 said:

How about Norv Turner?

Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.

I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
-The Glove-":yngjhyh7 said:
I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.

*Took over the last place offense in Dallas in 91. Cowboys won the SB in 92 and 93.

*Emmitt Smith led the league in rushing all 3 years under Turner

*Troy Aikman was 7-18 before Norv. 31-11 after. 6-0 in postseason

*Michael Irvin never finished lower than 2nd in receiving yards under Turner