Et tu Clayton? Really?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Week 13 power rankings are out and Clayton has this to say:

Andrew Luck might go down as the greatest rookie quarterback in NFL history. (Clayton)

And adding insult to injury, they've got the crap Colts ranked ahead of the Hawks.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Colts are 8-4. Can't say that's not a good reason to rank them ahead of the Hawks.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Colts were the worst team in football last year and Luck has positioned them to get a playoff spot... Its not really unheard of to say that. The man has done a unbelievable job with the limited supplies he has.

razgriz737

Reaction score
jkitsune":3tng7rgm said:
Colts are 8-4. Can't say that's not a good reason to rank them ahead of the Hawks.
I haven't looked at their schedule, but someone said they've mostly beaten crappy teams.

But, then again, we've mostly lost to crappy teams, haha.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":u0hkxtoe said:
Colts were the worst team in football last year and Luck has positioned them to get a playoff spot... Its not really unheard of to say that. The man has done a unbelievable job with the limited supplies he has.

This is false. This team was not the worst in football last year. This was a team that intentionally lost games. Sticking painter throughout the year was an obvious sign that they had no intention of going anywhere that year.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":36iaoeay said:
therealjohncarlson":36iaoeay said:

This is false. This team was not the worst in football last year. This was a team that intentionally lost games. Sticking painter throughout the year was an obvious sign that they had no intention of going anywhere that year.

OK... splitting hairs. They were still really bad.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":es1nsg1q said:
therealjohncarlson":es1nsg1q said:

Thank you! I get so sick of hearing about how great Luck is because of them being 8-4 this season and so horrible last season while those same people blatantly overlook the fact that the Colts threw their season away so they could draft Luck. They were not even the worst team last season.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
razgriz737":1h7w7507 said:
jkitsune":1h7w7507 said:
I haven't looked at their schedule, but someone said they've mostly beaten crappy teams.

But, then again, we've mostly lost to crappy teams, haha.

lol great point my friend. Only on the road though, at least. And all games have been close.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't understand how people get excited about rankings.

Truly....who cares??

The only "ranking" that matters is who grabs the Lombardi and finishes #1. The rest is .... well ...

SilNWest

Reaction score
The greatest rookie quarterback of all time? He's not even the greatest of this season!

He hasn't distanced himself from Russell Wilson or RG3 at all, and if I had to crown someone as the greatest rookie ever it would probably be RG3. Followed by Wilson, then Manning. Luck would definitely be on there... but not at the top.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":c7lh5lnu said:
KitsapHawk":c7lh5lnu said:
therealjohncarlson":c7lh5lnu said:

Thank you! I get so sick of hearing about how great Luck is because of them being 8-4 this season and so horrible last season while those same people blatantly overlook the fact that the Colts threw their season away so they could draft Luck. They were not even the worst team last season.

Yup, the Colts coaches instructed their players to throw the season so they could get Luck. Those coaches are probably really enjoying coaching him.

What? They were all fired?

Oh, then it must have been the Colts' front office that came up with the plan and forced the coaches and players to go along with it. Good job, front office.

What? They were all fired, too?

Oh, then it must have been the Colts' ownership that convinced the front office, the coaching staff, and the players to all go against everything they work for each season and throw games so they could get Luck for the team and kiss their jobs goodbye as a result.

Yeah, that makes total sense. :roll:

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3d2c8y9b said:
For the life of me, I can't understand how people get excited about rankings.

Truly....who cares??

The only "ranking" that matters is who grabs the Lombardi and finishes #1. The rest is .... well ...
I'm just sick of the overblown Luck hyperbole. When even Clayton is falling for the hype, that gets annoying.

razgriz737

Reaction score
SilNWest":1513n2bj said:
The greatest rookie quarterback of all time? He's not even the greatest of this season!

He hasn't distanced himself from Russell Wilson or RG3 at all, and if I had to crown someone as the greatest rookie ever it would probably be RG3. Followed by Wilson, then Manning. Luck would definitely be on there... but not at the top.
Agree with you there. I'll pretend RW is out of the running so my homerism doesn't factor into it, and I would rank RGIII ahead of Luck with no hesitation.

I understand that DangeRuss will most likely never be a "superstar" or whatever because he plays for Seattle, and I think this rookie class outstanding, but the over-glorification of Luck and RGIII just gets old.

Whatever. I'm just glad instead of "Wilson vs. Flynn" we can now have "Wilson vs. other really good rookies".

taz291819

Reaction score
volsunghawk":39pg160c said:
Yup, the Colts coaches instructed their players to throw the season so they could get Luck. Those coaches are probably really enjoying coaching him.

What? They were all fired?

Oh, then it must have been the Colts' front office that came up with the plan and forced the coaches and players to go along with it. Good job, front office.

What? They were all fired, too?

Oh, then it must have been the Colts' ownership that convinced the front office, the coaching staff, and the players to all go against everything they work for each season and throw games so they could get Luck for the team and kiss their jobs goodbye as a result.

Yeah, that makes total sense. :roll:

Hey, quit bringing facts into this, it's uncalled for.

Rainger

Reaction score
jkitsune":2gxw6uv5 said:
welllllll gp look at their record and who they beat and where. I think thy have only played 2 maybe 3 games with winning teams

Hawks46

Reaction score
And we've lost 3 games to teams with losing records, as stated above. What's the point ?

Oh by the way, we're also 0-3 in the division. Maybe that's a reason to rank us down a bit too.

That's the stat that really pisses me off. 0-fer in division.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure if the OP is aware that Clayton may be located in the Seattle/Tacoma area but he originally cut his teeth writing about/following the Pittsburgh Steelers. He will tell you that he was a Steelers fan when he cheered for a team. He is just like Sando. They live in the region but hold no allegiance to the Seahawks.

He hasn't been a beat writer for the Seahawks in decades. If Claire Farnsworth or Tony Ventrella are saying the same thing, then one might feel betrayed.

Clayton isn't in the bag for the Seahawks. He just has a local show on the weekend so JB and Irish Minky can talk about god knows what.