Carpenter IR'ed

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2q8etnx5 said:
razgriz737":2q8etnx5 said:
I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.

Unger too.

Yes but neither of them report to camp each year 80 pounds over weight.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Would like to see Carp come in 25 pounds lighter next year and smash his way to the pro bowl. The weight coming off will help him stay healthy and will add explosiveness. He's naturally huge so there's no worry about loss in power in run blocking.

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?

jamsomatic

Reaction score
pehawk":24txr898 said:
Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?

I got nothing against him. I said mostly all good things, except his buttcrack. Moffit gets my goat though.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Aros":36qu3ysd said:
Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.

Just like everyone had a bad feeling about Okung, or Tate, or Unger?

Yeah I really am too though. And I was a supporter of all 3 of those guys forever. Not sure what to think of when it comes to Carp....

Thank god we only spent #25 on him??

dunceface

Reaction score
jamsomatic":xgxisp9j said:
We have exactly ZERO "very good" guards on this roster. Moffit is a joke as is our rookie DT convert Sweezy although there is always hope for a cat named Sweezy and McQuistan. and McQuistan. We got serviceable and we got hopeful but we aint got nothing to write home about.

Moffit is a booger eating freak too. But you wanna have a beer with him. Woo Hoo!

And Dammit!! I had high hopes for Carpal. He is powerful. But Im glad I will never see his big ass hanging out of his pants again this year!!

I think Carp needs to start eating more boogers to help strengthen his knee...

and Pete sounded pretty somber in his postgame presser when the reporter asked if it was the same knee that was previously injured :eek:hwell:

razgriz737

Reaction score
It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.

dunceface

Reaction score
razgriz737":3lg16pcr said:
It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.

dont we do this every year?

razgriz737

Reaction score
dunceface":3mz88ad1 said:
razgriz737":3mz88ad1 said:

dont we do this every year?
I guess. Others have said we should draft, but look how well the guys we've drafted recently have panned out. I just wish there was a guy we could get that would make an immediate impact. Oh well, in PC/JS I trust.

JKent82

Reaction score
pehawk":qrm7qwlz said:

Thank god some one pointed this out. Couldn't have said it better myself. The man's big, but he worked his ass off to get back on the field and played fairly well for us.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He will be much better off this time around. Last year he couldn't keep in shape because his injured knee limited him in his work outs. If he has a full off season to get in shape (something he's never had), he is very likely to come back and be a monster at left guard for 16 plus games. The man can mow people over, he just needs to get healthy.

kearly

Reaction score
Competition at guard should be pretty intense next year. Carpenter should be 100% by then but I would assume his spot would be up for grabs. McQuistan too. Moffitt has been a solid starter this season and Sweezy and Johnson have very high run blocking potential if they continue to develop.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't mean to be cruel , but he needs to work with a dietitian and trainer as well.