D Line WOES

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
D Line WOES
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am
  • most of us in here have been talking about the Defensive lines lack of sacks and pressures for the last several games, with good reason.... but i was listening to Mark Schlereth yesterday on the drive home from work and he talked about this..

he was actually eluding to Chicago's offensive line woes, where fans were saying it looked like the line got some of their issues fixed, because they looked pretty good against us... mark went on to say, it was all smoke and mirrors, because the line was keeping 7 or 8 guys in to block and only running 2 and some times only 1 man pass routes...

so that would explain, why our D line was not effective sunday, i wonder if there is more to this, if other teams have been doing similar things and we just havent' noticed... but by any account, i'm was glad to hear that, because i was starting to seriously doubt some of those guys, still some concern but not as much any more?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Re: D Line WOES
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 am
  • hawker84 wrote:most of us in here have been talking about the Defensive lines lack of sacks and pressures for the last several games, with good reason.... but i was listening to Mark Schlereth yesterday on the drive home from work and he talked about this..

he was actually eluding to Chicago's offensive line woes, where fans were saying it looked like the line got some of their issues fixed, because they looked pretty good against us... mark went on to say, it was all smoke and mirrors, because the line was keeping 7 or 8 guys in to block and only running 2 and some times only 1 man pass routes...

so that would explain, why our D line was not effective sunday, i wonder if there is more to this, if other teams have been doing similar things and we just havent' noticed... but by any account, i'm was glad to hear that, because i was starting to seriously doubt some of those guys, still some concern but not as much any more?

Yes but this means our secondary should have had double or triple coverage on every receiver and we were still torched in passing, ouch.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:18 am
  • yep
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 am
  • And if other teams are keeping 7 or 8 in to pass block, where is the blitzing? Seriously if you give any NFL WR time combined with the QB getting time, the WR will get open more often than not and the QB will find him. Double and triple coverage sure didn't work on Marshall. How about more blitzing?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information