ESPN is bringing up Goldengate...again

kearly

Reaction score
I love it. I hope it's the deciding factor in Seattle getting a bye.

NoChops

Reaction score
the refs had nothing to do with it. The reason we are talking about it is the same reason the Bears took us to OT last weekend. The DB messed up. Jennings blew it, just like Sherman did with the Bears. Time is running out, the ball is up for grabs, you frikin KNOCK IT DOWN! Jennings could have swatted that ball into the 4th row and this would have never have been talked about.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":f94q0zm5 said:
On ESPN NFL frontpage. I urge fans not to read or take part in the comments section. It's kinda infuriating.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/50222/kicking-off-the-nfc-playoff-standings

At the moment, the NFL's "Fail Mary" is directly impacting the playoff position of three teams in the NFC. There are four long weeks remaining before the postseason is set, but it's reasonable to believe that Tate's disputed touchdown reception -- a play that gave the Seattle Seahawks a 14-12 victory over the Green Bay Packers as time expired -- will weave its way into the 2012 playoff tapestry.

"disputed"...

lots of disputed calls in the NFL this season. Regardless, Tate's catch will be a major talking point as the next 4 weeks of "what if" scenarios take place, and teams start to fall out of playoff position will look to it as an excuse.

I dont mind ESPN bringing it up (and atleast they called it "disputed") as it is still a big part of the season.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
An institution such as ESPN loses all credibility (if they had any to start with) when it starts posting obviously biased reports blathering such as this. It is a sport (or at least it’s supposed to be) and sportsmanship is (or at least it’s supposed to be) part of the game. Bad calls are made every day in the league, some with major ramifications, some not so major. In his article he claims that the packers are “over it”. They themselves may in fact be, but quite obviously the Packer Fan-base and the ethically questionable sportscasters such as this are obviously not! Not by a longshot!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If people give you crap about it, just remind them of the 2010 season in which the Packers won the SB. They only made the playoffs as the #6 seed because of officiating error (which the League stated) in a game against Minnesota. No one whines about it (except Vikings fans) because it benefited the Packers. But when the shoe is on the other foot, the whole country is in uproar.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
They are trying to get clicks. This will get clicks from every fan in the nfc playoff race.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":aqzt8p9t said:
I love it. I hope it's the deciding factor in Seattle getting a bye.

My thought exactly. I would love to see both Seattle and GB at 11-5, but Seattle gets the first week off and home field advantage the next.

hawker84

Reaction score
when we get a formal apology from the NFL and awarderd our much deserved superbowl victory, i will then give a rats ass about that call, ( which was Legit )... till then , suck it, suck on it, and suck it up.. hope they don't make it because of us.. if they do, bring it.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3nzfhya3 said:
If people give you crap about it, just remind them of the 2010 season in which the Packers won the SB. They only made the playoffs as the #6 seed because of officiating error (which the League stated) in a game against Minnesota. No one whines about it (except Vikings fans) because it benefited the Packers. But when the shoe is on the other foot, the whole country is in uproar.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

I made a post about this while the entire country was losing it's mind after our game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ight-game/

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wouldn't it of been hilarious and amazing is Green bay missed the playoffs by one game? god! that'd be so damn beautiful.

Jac

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1q64wlv5 said:
HawkFan72":1q64wlv5 said:

I made a post about this while the entire country was losing it's mind after our game.

That post is where I learned about this issue, which made the whole thing even more outrageous. I linked it to Sando and asked him if he'd consider doing an "alternative reality" blog where GB doesn't get into the playoffs and a legitimate champion crowned. I also think that Seifert is bitter that Seattle totally exposed his NFC North boys on their home turf, with the two winning drives being shown over and over and over on national tv.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I want Tate to spike the ball on the G at center field like TO did to the star in Dallas.

If they're gonna hate you anyway, then GIVE them something to hate you for!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":3b2alepu said:
On ESPN NFL frontpage. I urge fans not to read or take part in the comments section. It's kinda infuriating.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/50222/kicking-off-the-nfc-playoff-standings

At the moment, the NFL's "Fail Mary" is directly impacting the playoff position of three teams in the NFC. There are four long weeks remaining before the postseason is set, but it's reasonable to believe that Tate's disputed touchdown reception -- a play that gave the Seattle Seahawks a 14-12 victory over the Green Bay Packers as time expired -- will weave its way into the 2012 playoff tapestry.

31304173.jpg

FargoHawk

Reaction score
A friend of mine (vikes fan) went to the MN at GB game this weekend and I tried my hardest to get him to wear a Tate jersey but he wouldn't do it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeaTown81":7uzx01qz said:
HawkFan72":7uzx01qz said:

I have tried twice to post this info on PFT when they mention the "Fail Mary" and my post about the 2010 Packers has been deleted both times. Must be Packers fans running that site.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Please Please Please let us play the Packers in the playoffs! OR, I like the idea of them missing by one game.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qr0aubc said:
Please Please Please let us play the Packers in the playoffs! OR, I like the idea of them missing by one game.

Both sound fun. Depends on what you want. Want people to shut up about golden gate? Gotta win. Want the maximum amount of tears from the packers and to strengthen their hatred for us? They miss by one game.

Worst case scenario we play them in the playoffs and lose. Then we continue to hear we didn't deserve the win.

The Radish

Reaction score
CANHawk":17xobgc0 said:
I want Tate to spike the ball on the G at center field like TO did to the star in Dallas.

If they're gonna hate you anyway, then GIVE them something to hate you for!

Was that the time he ran to the star after scoring like the 'boys did and got blasted physically by some Dallas defensive player for daring to do it?

:roll: