Seahawk just waived Braylon Edwards

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawks46":2n92n4b5 said:
That's really weird, I thought he actually looked pretty good on Sunday. he was getting separation. I don't remember the announcers saying Edwards lost a step, but I did hear Ryan say that Wilson underthrew that ball, which was totally correct.

Edwards had to slow down to get the ball, and it allowed the Chi DB to catch up. Maybe his knee flared up again, and the Seahawks didn't want to waste a roster spot to wait around for it to get better again.
I heard them say something about losing a step and maybe how he normally would've gone up and fought for that ball.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":oqvlxf67 said:
He lost his job because on the underthrown deep ball from Wilson, he tried to body catch when the only play was to go get it with the hands. Forget the foux TD, that was the play that sealed his fate.

Great point, I'd forgotten about that play. He gave such minimal effort on that ball -- both Rice and GT would've probably come down w/ it.

BWRyan

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":tz5v06ld said:
He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.

I've been as big a critic of McCoy as anybody, but he seems to have done a decent job w/ his opportunities this year. Also seems to be used more as a blocking back.

OP
OP
Killa Kam

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3mmaku9y said:
He failed to produce and when the rest of the team is playing like they are, his play stood out. If I were a betting man I would say Anthony McCoy ought to be watching himself as well. We have a QB, now we need more than two targets for him to throw to.
McCoy has actually been solid this year imo when thrown too not to mention is a good blocker, i don't remember any drops from him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1r3u1w8p said:
Tech Worlds" Why would that get him cut? I don't believe it. He simply was not a part of what we are building here.[/quote:1r3u1w8p said:
The timing can't be a coincidence. The guy was playing on Sunday and made plays. Doesn't fit with the re-build = you're out in the off-season. Not after featuring in a win against the Bears.

Edwards was on trial the whole year and tweeting trash to the Jets management instead of concentrating on Arizona is what's led to his release. It was no business of his to tweet that this week. Stupid move and it's rightly cost him a job.

You said it so it must be true.

canzag

Reaction score
I see a DB being added,perhaps the safety on the ps-Snead.I expect some corners to be added to the practice squad to prepare for the suspension.I also heard Tru would have probably been IRd as well but because of the looming suspension and appeals he would be ready by the time it took place.

kearly

Reaction score
If the Seahawks got offers for Edwards, then it's a shame they didn't move him.

I don't get this move. Edwards has made tough catches, and has been under-utilized. At least for me I've found him to have been a pleasant surprise this season. He was signed here as Sidney Rice insurance, and for a minute in the Chicago game, it looked like Rice might leave soldier field in an ambulance. He didn't, but it was a reminder of how quickly things change with injuries.

Maybe Edwards got hurt. Maybe the FO badly needed a roster spot and he was the most expendable. Maybe they wanted an excuse to increase Kearse's rep count (I hope so). Maybe they wanted to save an extra $200k (Edwards' remaining salary for 2012) to add to next year's cap (it's looking very tight so every bit helps). Or maybe they didn't like him anymore (that would be the part I couldn't understand), especially since they passed on the chance to trade him not even a month ago.

As far as Rob's theory about Twitter, I see no evidence to back that up, but I do think that PC/JS are capable of cutting a backup over something like that. They cut Lendale White in a heartbeat for not having a good attitude, and the Curry trade was fast tracked after he made some moronic comments on twitter regarding his benching.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":1on7iz57 said:

I don't get this move. Edwards has made tough catches, and has been under-utilized. At least for me I've found him to have been a pleasant surprise this season. He was signed here as Sidney Rice insurance, and for a minute in the Chicago game, it looked like Rice might leave soldier field in an ambulance. He didn't, but it was a reminder of how quickly things change with injuries.

Maybe Edwards got hurt. Maybe the FO badly needed a roster spot and he was the most expendable. Maybe they wanted an excuse to increase Kearse's rep count (I hope so). Maybe they wanted to save an extra $200k (Edwards' remaining salary for 2012) to add to next year's cap (it's looking very tight so every bit helps). Or maybe they didn't like him anymore (that would be the part I couldn't understand), especially since they passed on the chance to trade him not even a month ago.

As far as Rob's theory about Twitter, I see no evidence to back that up, but I do think that PC/JS are capable of cutting a backup over something like that. They cut Lendale White in a heartbeat for not having a good attitude, and the Curry trade was fast tracked after he made some moronic comments on twitter regarding his benching.

80's beard was saying on the radio today that he watched Edwards during the Bears game and said that Edwards tried to run by Tillman on a pass play, and couldn't. Tillman stuck right in his back pocket and this forced Wilson to hang onto the ball as he felt Wilson didn't want to risk the throw. It was 80's beards opinion that Edwards simply didn't have it anymore. He had become just a jump ball receiver and not worth the roster spot.

Also Tuesday is the day that cuts happen. After Tuesdays players salaries are paid for that week. That's why you see cuts and IR moves on Tuesdays.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1hz3q17z said:
kearly":1hz3q17z said:

That makes more sense than just the Twitter comment. Why waste a roster spot on a player that can't get open.

Latest posts