New CB's signed - Parker and Shead

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
New CB's signed - Parker and Shead
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm
  • KING 5 Sports ‏@KING5Sports
    The #Seahawks sign CB Ron Parker from the Panthers practice squad to the active roster. Same with CB DeShawn Shead.

Seahawks CBs now Richard Sherman, Walter Thurmond, Marcus Trufant, Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell, Ron Parker, DeShawn Shead
    Last edited by SeahawksFanForever on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Re: New CB's signed - Parker and Shead
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm
  • Looks like our CBs are not winning any suspension appeals. sigh....

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 pm
  • They had no shot in winning the appeal

The NFL is the judge, jury and executioner unfortunately
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 pm
  • Well, since Browner has already started his suspension, this probably means that Sherm will probably lose his appeal soon as well.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:43 pm
  • Not sure if this is normal, but PC is gonna do a live press conference now according to the Seahawks twitter. Maybe he'll talk about it.
    http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm
  • JonRud wrote:Looks like our CBs are not winning any suspension appeals. sigh....

Sounds like you're not aware that Browner dropped his appeal and therefore, his 4-game suspension begins immediately.

Sherman's hearing is still set for Dec. 14th, I believe.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• I like how they're going to be staggered. I'm guessing these are depth guys in case of injury. They can't sign them to the active roster, then make them inactive, but not on the PS, can they ?

I see Thurmond starting for Browner. Let's hope they can keep Fitz away from him....that's a tough draw your first game back after an extended layoff.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Well, we had to do something. I sure hope those 2 straighten themselves out for the team and their lives. I mean Browner was stating innocence and then dropped his appeal.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm
  • :pukeface: :pukeface:
    VancitySeahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm
  • Disappointed no Roy Lewis
    ak3000
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:34 pm
  • I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
    Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm
  • ak3000 wrote:Disappointed no Roy Lewis

They just said on KIRO that Lewis is at the practice facility.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 pm
  • This was just a formality I suppose. Better to tear that particular band aid right the hell off I suppose. Somewhere in Wisconsin a Packer fan just soiled himself.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:46 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
    Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm
  • Test was in Sept players informed in Oct. would have been nice to have these suspensions occur earlier... But then again we don't know how that would have affected those games.
    ak3000
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:00 pm
  • oops...double post.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:21 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.

Allderall was reported as the cause on NFL network news update. I would think the reporter will hear about the privacy issue. But, I heard it clearly. Allderall was reported as the violation substance in the case of Brandon Browner.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:42 pm
  • This is smart. With the cut yesterday to Edwards there was one roster spot open unless I missed them filling it with someone else. Then because of the suspension to Browner we get to fill that roster spot so they get two Cornerbacks in there to work out and can go with the better one right away
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm
  • DeShawn Shead is a safety. The Winston Guy suspension may have opened up the door for DeShawn to have an opportunity this year instead of having to wait till next year. If DeShawn contributes on game day, he could offer the team momentum finishing out the regular season.

The Winston Guy suspension has two more weeks to run. I suspect Guy's limited market value has taken a big hit with the suspension. I think his return to the roster is questionable. Practice squad may be more likely.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm
  • keep Sherman around an extra week to cover Fitzgerald. Give Walter a week being #2 before jumping to #1 against the Bills. Get Browner back Week 1 of Playoffs, Sherm Week 2 playoffs or next year...
    PAT206
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm
  • Actually, with Sherman's appeal hearing set for the 14th and the Bills game coming just two days later, it seems like there's a decent chance that Sherman's suspension won't be imposed until the following week. Suspensions typically begin on Monday or Tuesday of any given week to give teams a few days to prepare without the suspended player; I can't remember a player being suspended two days before a road game before.

I think we'll have Sherman for two more games, not just this next one.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm
  • I hope everyone remembers how well MM filled in for KH after his run in with a street sign(and how poor we did after MM went out of xl)...(granted KH wasn't considered a -great- safety, he did make people think about going across the middle though which helps everyone else out)

(-SH)
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 am
  • It's possible Sherm has a legit reason for taking the drug. He seems rather confident he will win the appeal. With his personality, it wouldn't be a shocker if he were to prove that he started taking adderal as a problem child (lol). He could go further and say that mixing it in his water bottle was his preferred method of ingestion and Browner accidently drank from that bottle. Won't get Browner out of anything, but would help with public relations. Especially if these two ever decide to do a "show your stuff and drink milk" commercial.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 am
  • Ron Parker NFL workout at the 1:26 mark, NSFW lyrics

The only play I could find with Ron Parker in it, quite an athlete
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 am
  • DeShawn Shead footage from Portland State
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 am
  • I'm not too worried. If teams think that they can all of a sudden start throwing against us at will, they had better be very careful about it. We still have Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor back there. The routes had better be single coverage against our replacement corners and even then, I'll take our odds. I don't think we'll skip a beat.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:13 am
  • Beast Mode, all fricken day. Eat up that clock
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 am
  • Its funny that you say, "if teams think they can start throwing the ball against us all of a sudden"...well, Cutler did it last week, basically all game (oh, and to the exact same guy every single time).

Now, Fitzgerald is awesome and would probably burn whoever is guarding him...IF he had a QB with a dang. But, ARI doesn't.

I am not too worried about the loss of Browner/Sherman, I mean the last weeks of the season, they seem like they have been watching RW play and forgetting about D, so I am happy to see some new crew. Portland State U isn't exactly an impressive place to play...but if they can help, Im all for it!
    MTS
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 am
  • MTS wrote:Its funny that you say, "if teams think they can start throwing the ball against us all of a sudden"...well, Cutler did it last week, basically all game (oh, and to the exact same guy every single time).

Now, Fitzgerald is awesome and would probably burn whoever is guarding him...IF he had a QB with a dang. But, ARI doesn't.

I am not too worried about the loss of Browner/Sherman, I mean the last weeks of the season, they seem like they have been watching RW play and forgetting about D, so I am happy to see some new crew. Portland State U isn't exactly an impressive place to play...but if they can help, Im all for it!

You talking about the Cutler who had 220 something passing and 17 total points? Yeah it was aggravating, but lets not overblow the rumored asskicking our defense took. It may not have been to usual standards, but it wasn't that horrid.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:16 am
  • Yes Brandon Marshall caught balls against us (10, which is impressive), but we also limited the rest of their receivers to a combined TWO catches (plus 5 dumpoffs to RBs).
    Don't go thinking our pass defense has suddenly evaporated
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.

Yes. But the athlete is free to say whatever he wants about what the substance was. So he comes up positive for roids, and says it's adderall, which nobody really cares about, and the league can not contridict him.
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:49 pm
  • Lords of Scythia wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:

Yes. But the athlete is free to say whatever he wants about what the substance was. So he comes up positive for roids, and says it's adderall, which nobody really cares about, and the league can not contridict him.

Lets not kid ourselves. One thing we learned from last year's CBA negotiations and this year's bounty gate is that if the NFL wants something made public, it will find a way to have it made public. If a player lies about Adderall and is really using roids, the NFL will make sure we find out somehow.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:22 pm
  • I still think they are innocent but knowing they wouldn't win any appeals, they are planning how to utilize the suspensions
    Seahawks-Hornets-Braves-Ducks
    Vinny6420
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information