Seahawks work out QB

razgriz737

Reaction score
From Jason La Canfora:

"Glad to see SEA worked out Josh Johnson this week. been baffled QBs like Johnson and Hoyer were out of league for so long. Both have upside"

Didn't this posted anywhere, sorry if it has.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the guy admittedly, but here's something interesting from Danny Kelly:

"It's a misconception that Russell Wilson owns the record for QB rating in college football, but it's actually Josh Johnson."

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
Haha, another interesting fact from Danny Kelly (these are all from twitter btw):

"Also, Johnson is Marshawn Lynch's cousin. Not that this matters a lot. But it's cool?"

Throwdown

Reaction score
He was actually someone I wanted to get signed in the offseason, so maybe? he was with the 49ers earlier I guess he didn't make the squad.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
From what little research I've done, apparently he spent 2009-11 with the Bucs, then was signed to a 2-year deal with the Whiners in 2012 but didn't make the 53-man roster.

CANHawk

Reaction score
He'd be a great back-up for Wilson next year assuming we ship Flynn off to parts unknown. Plays that athletic style so we could keep the read option in the playbook in the event we're ever winning by 50 at halftime and need to sit Wilson for a half.... or, y'know... the other thing.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I asked some Buc friends about him a couple years ago when we had nothing but clipboard and Hasselbeck and they said he's an okay back up but he'll never be anything special. He's not the leader type and gets by on athletic ability. One of my friends said he's not a gym rat and doesn't put the time in on film study. He played for some small school when Harbaugh had his first head coaching gig and did well but it was like division 2 football I think. Harbaugh brought him in this year but he got beat out by Tolzein? not sure if I spelled that right. I think he actually has a few starts over the last couple years and his numbers aren't that good.

Is he even practice squad illegible? I doubt it but I'm not sure on the exact rules of practice squad illegibility.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CANHawk":2sf8o80z said:
He'd be a great back-up for Wilson next year assuming we ship Flynn off to parts unknown. Plays that athletic style so we could keep the read option in the playbook in the event we're ever winning by 50 at halftime and need to sit Wilson for a half.... or, y'know... the other thing.

Agreed. If he shows anything, it gives our F.O. a chance to do some wheeling and dealing.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if this means our FO is gearing up to deal MF15 in the offseason. If you look around the league, it looks like there could be A LOT of teams looking for QB's, even more than last year.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I am experiencing a feeling that I've never felt before, ever. A young QB has been added to the Seahawks roster and I'm not immediately hoping that he develops into the starter. Am I ill? What has happened to me?

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Makes a lot if sense. We still need a athletic type qb to run scout teams

jkitsune

Reaction score
Between the Jets, Cardinals, Jaguars, there's definitely a need for QBs, and Flynn might be worht something. Like the move.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
In case anyone is suspicious, here's another source, Adam Caplan:

"Former 49ers QB Josh Johnson and CB Roy Lewis worked out for the Seahawks."

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":1mh044i4 said:
I can't help but wonder if this means our FO is gearing up to deal MF15 in the offseason. If you look around the league, it looks like there could be A LOT of teams looking for QB's, even more than last year.

I think they're at least preparing for the possibility. Doubt they'll be in a hurry to ship Flynn out of town, but if somebody comes along with the right offer I think they'd do it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The draft doesn't have any high end talent at Qb this year. I'm betting Flynn has more value in the offseason, unless someone gets hurt.

Thing is, I liked Josh Johnson coming out of (I think San Diego St.) but he never really developed in Tampa. Now, did he not have a good role model ? Freeman doesn't strike me as the Manning/Brady/Wilson type of hard working grinder that success at QB in the NFL. Sometimes it takes a good mentor.

It's intriguing to say the least. Is he practice squad eligible, does anyone know ?

PAT206

Reaction score
Yeah thats lynch's cousin. they went to oakland technical together. [youtube]1EYb-kjFVK4[/youtube]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawks46":3e9chear said:
The draft doesn't have any high end talent at Qb this year. I'm betting Flynn has more value in the offseason, unless someone gets hurt.

By what metric? Is Barkley still too short or something?

HawkWow

Reaction score
If this guy is available, in this QB hungry league, it's because he has zero upside. Zero.

At the risk of sounding jaded, if Zona, SF or STL were looking at this guy, 99% of us would be saying: Good, the guy is a bum, if he were any good, he'd currently be on someone's roster.

Am I wrong?

RussellWilson is making strides serious enough to where for the first time this year, I think offers for MF should definitely be entertained (in the off-season). I have complete confidence in JS and believe he will get max value for Flynn or Flynn will remain a Hawk. I like either scenario.

Latest posts