How confident are you all about a win this weekend?

drdiags

Reaction score
Your choice 187. I am knee-jerk when you explicitly call me out as a fly in the ointment. We all have stories to tell. Sorry for not taking the textual tongue lashing in the intent it was given but it didn't set well with me.

All I know is that I financially, emotionally and any other way support the team. Live and die with them every Sunday. For a long time and forgive me if I don't want to keep falling in and out of love. I tend to keep it on an even keel. Not expounding anyone else to follow my lead. Thus no need for the pep talk.

I have served my country as well so we both have that going for us. I know what it is like to be the single guy standing up for the Seahawks as well. Other than that, we are our own person. Reactions will be different based on experiences.

Back on Topic. I am 100% sure the team will win, no room for doubt.

olyryder

Reaction score
Cards are terrible, have lost 8 straight and don't have an NFL qb on their roster. We are coming off a huge win against the Bears and are playing at home where we are unbeatable. Easy, guaranteed win.

Or is it...

35+ years experience of Seahawks fandom tells me this:

up by 2, 3 seconds on the clock. Cards line up for an impossible 65yd FG to win the game.....and miss. We win! We wi.......FLAG! 12 men on the field - Defense....+5yds/re-kick. Now a 60yd'er....and it's good. We lose.

Hate it, but my experience won't let me believe that we get this one. I desperately hope I'm wrong!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
olyryder":3f2vhhdo said:
Cards are terrible, have lost 8 straight and don't have an NFL qb on their roster. We are coming off a huge win against the Bears and are playing at home where we are unbeatable. Easy, guaranteed win.

Or is it...

35+ years experience of Seahawks fandom tells me this:

up by 2, 3 seconds on the clock. Cards line up for an impossible 65yd FG to win the game.....and miss. We win! We wi.......FLAG! 12 men on the field - Defense....+5yds/re-kick. Now a 60yd'er....and it's good. We lose.

Hate it, but my experience won't let me believe that we get this one. I desperately hope I'm wrong!

haha, exactly. There is no reason the Hawks should let this be close, its as much of a lock as you get in this league. But, we've been fans of this team long enough to know better...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm at 90% if Kolb doesn't play, 65% if he does. I would see it kind of 50/50 if he plays and it were in Phoenix. It swings 65/35 in Hawks' favor with homefield advantage. Our team's defense is still cause for much concern IMO though Lindley is so inexperienced that that fact, along with HFA negates my concern. But Kolb went through them like a hot knife through butter with the game on the line down there in week 1 so if he plays I think it's pretty close but ultimately a Seattle W. I know everyone's very pleased this week after the win vs. the Bears as am I. But, I feel our defense is still a cause for some reasonable concern though obviously much more so on the road than at home.

gargantual

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":v0mevero said:
But you know. I think I'll not be posting much anymore, or ever again.
As a fellow (Ex) Navy guy (lot of us on here, aren't there!) I have to say, Don't do THAT man! We all want to hear you on here again.

Navy or otherwise, I want to see people keep posting....even the ones I disagree with. Even the ones who annoy the crap out of me. Hell, even guys like Verndog! Getting one's ire up is good for motivation at times. I was a lurker for a lot of years, but believe me, the more you post, the easier it gets.

Come back to the light, my friend. :D

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3cf54c77 said:
Do as you wish man but I'll tell you one thing, Doc is a really good guy and is one of the most even keeled people on these boards. For you to get him even in the least bit riled up means you might want to take a look in the mirror and see what you can do to be a better poster. Nothing gets folks here more pissed off than being told how they should be a fan. We're all BIG fans of the Seahawks or we'd be on sone poser board like say.....the Cowpatties'.

gargantual

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3m4qrpc8 said:
Navyhawkfan187":3m4qrpc8 said:
Do as you wish man but I'll tell you one thing, Doc is a really good guy and is one of the most even keeled people on these boards. For you to get him even in the least bit riled up means you might want to take a look in the mirror and see what you can do to be a better poster. Nothing gets folks here more pissed off than being told how they should be a fan. We're all BIG fans of the Seahawks or we'd be on sone poser board like say.....the Cowpatties'.
I (basically) agree with the concept of being told how to be a fan BUT that part right there snacks of doing just THAT. Kinda funny to read that directed towards someone accused of telling others how to post.

Genuinely NOT trying to :stirthepot: , just saying.

Can't we all just get along? (Know that's what you were trying to say : )

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
gargantual":2grzm7gp said:
hawksfansinceday1":2grzm7gp said:
Navyhawkfan187":2grzm7gp said:
I (basically) agree with the concept of being told how to be a fan BUT that part right there snacks of doing just THAT. Kinda funny to read that directed towards someone accused of telling others how to post.

Genuinely NOT trying to :stirthepot: , just saying.

Can't we all just get along? (Know that's what you were trying to say : )
Fair point though I meant it in a way that maybe he ought to look at what he posts and his approach to doing so, definitely not his "fanhood". And besides, when you say maybe someone should look in the mirror, to me that seems different than this is absolutely how you ought to be. Really just trying to give a gentle nudge to see if maybe the guy might want to consider staying as much as anything.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
It's hard to feel confident about anything this year. We beat NE, GB, and CHI on the road... all games I didn't have much hope for. But then we lose to Miami and STL. Both games I thought we'd win.

But... it's a home game, and the Cards are sucking as of late. So I give us a good chance.

gargantual

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":tnrr8y1o said:
Fair point though I meant it in a way that maybe he ought to look at what he posts and his approach to doing so, definitely not his "fanhood". And besides, when you say maybe someone should look in the mirror, to me that seems different than this is absolutely how you ought to be. Really just trying to give a gentle nudge to see if maybe the guy might want to consider staying as much as anything.
Yeah, and I know you were just trying to stick up for "The Doc" and people's "fandom" in general. It's all good.
....and Navyhawkfan187, really like hearing your input in all seriousness, don't be a stranger. The more voices on here, the more to occupy those long, dull periods between games!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187... Don't pick on the Doc!
I am gonna be watching you.

f404ba92b2450140a6500c5320fc3599.jpg

gargantual

Reaction score
Be cool to meet all you guys someday.

Actually, I've never attended a Hawks game in Seattle before, not even in the good old Kingdome. Only pro game I've ever been to was when they played the Chargers in San Diego back in 1985. Have to experience the 12th man in person someday! When I do I'll have to tip some Red Hooks with you guys.

uncle fester

Reaction score
It would be nice to be confident - and I'm jealous of those who are - but after the Rams, Lions & Dolphins games, I won't be confident until the game is out of reach, in our favour, and we still have the ball.

Certainly not convinced that Coach Whiz, with all his experience, is going to start Lindley (and leave him in there) for this game when Skelton proved up to the task in Week 1 (till he got injured).

Also, with the near capitulation versus the telegraphed/one healthy WR/advertised-in-neon-lights-yet-we-still-couldn't-stop-it Cutler/Marshall combo, I am quite concerned about how Fitzgerald will be looking to pick holes in the pass D.

But all of that pales into insignificance when faced with the prospect of another Sunday evening/Monday morning .net meltdown/suicide watch/lynch mob gathering. I'm just mostly hoping I'm off with my concerns about AZ for that one reason...

C'mon, someone tell me it'll be ok! :?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
After the recent news that Browner's suspension starts immediately, that Trufant is still out and rookie CB Jeremy Lane will likely handle the nickle-back duties this Sunday... and Arizona's announcement that Skelton will start instead of Lindley, my confidence factor just deflated from a lofty 90% to a more realistic 70%.

OP
OP
509hawk

509hawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2dehjvwu said:
After the recent news that Browner's suspension starts immediately, that Trufant is still out and rookie CB Jeremy Lane will likely handle the nickle-back duties this Sunday... and Arizona's announcement that Skelton will start instead of Lindley, my confidence factor just deflated from a lofty 90% to a more realistic 70%.

I hear ya. If Sidney isnt able to go + browner out my 80% would be down to about a 66.6 :180670:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Im pretty confident. We are riding a wave of intensity and confidence after a statement win, despite Carey-gate. Any given Sunday, but I want to destroy the Cardinals.

Also, lets go Dolphins!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Our defense has not been as promised since early in the season.

We must be effective on offense because we cannot slug it out with these guys. They actually have a legit defense and have been in every game (sound familar, the been in every game part).

If we dont get pressure on skelton they are going to score and very well could score easier then us. These guys are going to bring it on D. We better as well.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Been burned by this team before, too many times. Therefore 60% is as high as I can go.